Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Calvin Ridley 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best case scenario: Ridley’s foot feels 100% immediately and he doesn’t even miss a practice. Worst case scenario: Ridley’s experiences complications that ultimately lead to his death. Most

Julio being one of the best WRs of all time + him still being in the back-end of his prime isn't a detractor at all as you're framing it. They consistently bracket Julio with a safety over the top + o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, YoungDro said:

Anyone see Ridley as being potentially similar to Juju with AB?  Ascendant talent and great in their own right but performs way better with the #1 WR HOF talent opposite them on the field?  

 

WAY too early to tell.  He had 100+ in the other game without Julio.  The main concern seems to be if Matt Ryan playing like crap can limit his upside, because when I watch him he's getting open, Julio or not.  He just needs to be given a decent shot at the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 6:38 PM, Illusion_J said:

 

WAY too early to tell.  He had 100+ in the other game without Julio.  The main concern seems to be if Matt Ryan playing like crap can limit his upside, because when I watch him he's getting open, Julio or not.  He just needs to be given a decent shot at the ball.

Honestly he should have had a way better day. Ryan missed em a few times. And I didn't realize Gage went down too. That literally left Ridley and Hurst. He might not HAAAAAVVEE to have Julio around but he certainly needs another weapon to help take some pressure off. Julio out will hurt but there's not a chance I let Ridley go with the thoughts of his first couple weeks as a possibility in the playoffs for my sqaud, when you'd assume Julio has been rested back to strength. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrmann1 said:

Honestly he should have had a way better day. Ryan missed em a few times. And I didn't realize Gage went down too. That literally left Ridley and Hurst. He might not HAAAAAVVEE to have Julio around but he certainly needs another weapon to help take some pressure off. Julio out will hurt but there's not a chance I let Ridley go with the thoughts of his first couple weeks as a possibility in the playoffs for my sqaud, when you'd assume Julio has been rested back to strength. 

 

Gage had 45 snaps. Ridley 47.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's definitely top5 talent and obviously can hold his top 3 crown, BUT... he did not look healthy. I'm afraid for these Falcons receivers, while other teams are taking precautions with their guys, seems like the Falcons are rushing them out week to week. Last I heard Ridley is dealing with both an ankle and hamstring injury, even if minor -- these could spill into future weeks and cut his ceiling in half. Julio is pretty much the prime case for this where he reinjures his hamstring every week. Packers looking mighty smart for forcing Davante to take two weeks off.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, harck said:

He's definitely top5 talent and obviously can hold his top 3 crown, BUT... he did not look healthy. I'm afraid for these Falcons receivers, while other teams are taking precautions with their guys, seems like the Falcons are rushing them out week to week. Last I heard Ridley is dealing with both an ankle and hamstring injury, even if minor -- these could spill into future weeks and cut his ceiling in half. Julio is pretty much the prime case for this where he reinjures his hamstring every week. Packers looking mighty smart for forcing Davante to take two weeks off.

thing is, packers can afford to bench Adams for 2 games and still end up 4-0. The falcons on the other hand...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, harck said:

He's definitely top5 talent and obviously can hold his top 3 crown, BUT... he did not look healthy. I'm afraid for these Falcons receivers, while other teams are taking precautions with their guys, seems like the Falcons are rushing them out week to week. Last I heard Ridley is dealing with both an ankle and hamstring injury, even if minor -- these could spill into future weeks and cut his ceiling in half. Julio is pretty much the prime case for this where he reinjures his hamstring every week. Packers looking mighty smart for forcing Davante to take two weeks off.

 

I agree. He was slipping and while still running smooth routes his breaks were rough. He also wasn't out there as much as typical. Hopefully his issues are more minor than Julios, but I honestly think he needs Julio to perform to his top potential, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from Covid and injury, are there any concerns about his game?  I haven't seen him much.  In fact, the most I saw him was the 0-fer game which I know isn't a reflection on him.

I know from watching the box scores and highlights he looks legit.  I'm eyeballing trades for him and am curious if there are any fears about him going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Aside from Covid and injury, are there any concerns about his game?  I haven't seen him much.  In fact, the most I saw him was the 0-fer game which I know isn't a reflection on him.

I know from watching the box scores and highlights he looks legit.  I'm eyeballing trades for him and am curious if there are any fears about him going forward.

Only concern may be Matt Ryan sucking sometimes but he’s good enough. Ridley is a stud

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Only concern may be Matt Ryan sucking sometimes but he’s good enough. Ridley is a stud

 

Thanks for the reply.  Oh yeah, he definitely seems like a stud.  I was just wondering if anyone had any fears of changes in the offense, or had seen anything they didn't like.  The game I saw he wasn't out there much due to injury, but he did fine this past week. I like to be able to see the guys I'm getting in trades but haven't been able to especially with no Redzone this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sternes said:

 

Thanks for the reply.  Oh yeah, he definitely seems like a stud.  I was just wondering if anyone had any fears of changes in the offense, or had seen anything they didn't like.  The game I saw he wasn't out there much due to injury, but he did fine this past week. I like to be able to see the guys I'm getting in trades but haven't been able to especially with no Redzone this year.

 

Calvin Ridley is an elite WR talentwise, if that's what you're referring to. 

Don't overthink this.  Ridley is a 1A/1B target hog on a team with a high school level defense that will often be playing from behind.  He's a Top 10 WR in the league in terms of skill.  

Barring injury, ~50% chance he finishes Top 5 fantasy WRs.  90%+ chance he is a WR1, imo.  

Edited by Rainyy
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...