affliction

Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook

All that's missing are the touchdowns. It's getting annoying though after the first few awesome games. 

Just now, USWAY said:

All that's missing are the touchdowns. It's getting annoying though after the first few awesome games. 

Sean Payton just gets too cute 

28 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Sean Payton just gets too cute 

There was nothing “cute” today that kept Kamara from scoring. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Def agree. He was close. Some weeks it will be 2-3 TDs, other not.

He is the engine, and same what you will about Payton--but he uses him very well, and it has to be tempting to over-use him too...he is so dang good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

The QB sneak? (I mean, it did work...)

27 minutes ago, markdash said:

It has never not worked. 

1 hour ago, markdash said:

That’s hardly “cute”. Brees over the top has been a staple for years. 

It can be annoying when the Saints get in close on goal to go situations because it seems like Kamara only gets one shot. First and goal, he'll get a carry for 5 yards down to the 2yd line...and then from there its Brees/Payton offensive genius time, Murray or Brees sneak. Frustrating, but c'est la vie.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Walk with me said:

You know a guy is legit when people are disappointed with this kind of output 

This is Fantasy Football, we need to be greedy.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sgoz1121 said:

It can be annoying when the Saints get in close on goal to go situations because it seems like Kamara only gets one shot. First and goal, he'll get a carry for 5 yards down to the 2yd line...and then from there its Brees/Payton offensive genius time, Murray or Brees sneak. Frustrating, but c'est la vie.

Brees/Payton offensive genius time? Lol. I’d say they’re pretty darn smart when it comes to offense :)

Simply the best player in fantasy football this year. McCaffrey might be able to make a case for the 2nd half of the season but he's got a lot of catching up to do.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:02 PM, markdash said:

Am I seeing this right? markdash in this section of town. Well the Football forums about to be better. 

lets break this td drought... 3 weeks (includes the bye) is too long

• Like 1

Wasn’t his last play a pass? They scored it as a run. It looked like a shovel pass to me.... messes me up because as a pass it would give me a 3 point 100 years bonus. Legit going to lose two leagues over it 

29 minutes ago, ShayAK said:

Wasn’t his last play a pass? They scored it as a run. It looked like a shovel pass to me.... messes me up because as a pass it would give me a 3 point 100 years bonus. Legit going to lose two leagues over it 

It was a pitch to the right. I’m pretty sure it was technically a running play. I can’t believe he never reached 100 yards receiving when he had freaking 86 at the half. Love this guy but it’s frustrating to watch since the Saints use so many different guys in the red zone. 

2 hours ago, newyork2la said:

It was a pitch to the right. I’m pretty sure it was technically a running play. I can’t believe he never reached 100 yards receiving when he had freaking 86 at the half. Love this guy but it’s frustrating to watch since the Saints use so many different guys in the red zone. 

I guess we can complain, but we still have the #1 RB in fantasy... But you are right that his usage could be insane if we didnt almost split carries with Murray. Ah well.

• Like 1

I don’t think Kamara could exist with 25-30 carries including some tough 1 yard dives and 10 targets anyway

6 minutes ago, ShayAK said:

I guess we can complain, but we still have the #1 RB in fantasy... But you are right that his usage could be insane if we didnt almost split carries with Murray. Ah well.

Agreed, but I’m a big believer in that using Murray keeps him fresh and better. AK41 got really ground down last year. Murray will pound the defense a bit and make sure when AK gets the ball he’s on less tired legs. So stoked to see him be back in form this year. His game reminds me tremendously of prime Lev bell, just with less power. He’s a natural pass catcher, his vision and patience are simply unmatched. He never looks like he’s running at full speed and he still picks up huge yardage, makes guys miss, breaks tackles. So fun to watch. 

14 minutes ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

His floor in .5 ppr is 18-20 points without touchdowns. Incredible. 

He has a game of 15.9

29 minutes ago, umphrey said:

I don’t think Kamara could exist with 25-30 carries including some tough 1 yard dives and 10 targets anyway

Thank you. If they didn't use Murray the way they did AK would be on the IR. They tried to use him like that last year and he broke down. 

They are using him perfectly this season, minus goal to go situations. A little to gimmicky for my liking with Brees, Hill, or Murray runs, or 4 yard TD passes. I loved watching Dalvin's performance yesterday because Zimmer/Kubiak will just keep running him at the goal line knowing odds are eventually he'll get in. AK usually gets one crack at it and then it's Brees QB sneak time lol.

As a new Kamara dynasty owner I'm thrilled with a 14 point floor, with week-winning TDs surely to come.

Edited by JJRules