Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook

Backs I would take over Kamara (as things stand early Jan 2020):

McCaffrey

Barkley

Cook

Elliott

Henry

### Kamara about here ###

Chubb (conditional on Hunt leaving in FA)

Hunt (if he goes to e.g. Tampa or Houston and monopolized 3D work)

A Jones

Ekeler (if MG3 moves on)

Still a few dominos to fall but Kamara will still be a consensus first-rounder, likely top-half in standard, MT might bump him down in full-PPR. If Hunt moves most off the off-season is probably spent debating Chubb v Kamara in redraft standard.

So I’m really not allowed to do this but I’m briefly stopping in from the future and thought I’d let a few people know that Alvin Kamara signs with the KC Chiefs as a free agent next year. Do with this information what you will. 

7 hours ago, fakespike said:

So I’m really not allowed to do this but I’m briefly stopping in from the future and thought I’d let a few people know that Alvin Kamara signs with the KC Chiefs as a free agent next year. Do with this information what you will. 

Even after the chiefs draft Antonio Gibson this year and becomes an elite 3 down monster in Andy Reid’s system? 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Even after the chiefs draft Antonio Gibson this year and becomes an elite 3 down monster in Andy Reid’s system? 

Arians snags him first

Edited by fakespike

I love Taysom Hill but it comes at the cost of Kamara. He eats into his carries and has just been more effective when given the ball. 

58 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

I love Taysom Hill but it comes at the cost of Kamara. He eats into his carries and has just been more effective when given the ball. 

taysom hill eats into Kamara’s carries? I think you mean Lat Murray eats into kamaras carries?

I don't think anyone "ate" into Kamara's carries.

2017: 120 attempts in 16 games

2018: 194 attempts in 15 games (remember he also got FED in the first 4 games here while Ingram was suspended)

2019: 171 attempts in 14 games

He had 23 less carries in one less game.  Clearly was bothered by a high ankle sprain when he returned from injury.  The starting QB of the offense missed several games as well.  The reason people feel like Kamara disappointed was because of lack of TDs.  Only 6 TDs last year compared to 18 and 13 each year before.  Everyone knows TDs drastically change year to year.  

If Kamara can avoid a nagging injury like a HAS, and Drew Brees plays all 16 like he usually does, I think Kamara pops back up to around 9-10 TDs at least.  If you give Kamara 4 more TDs for last year, he would pop up to #8 RB overall.  In terms of PPG, he was #8 last year.  Add in a healthy Brees for 16 games, plus a few more TDs, plus whatever production he'll get from those 2 missed games, and Kamara is at least in the top 5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

I don't think anyone "ate" into Kamara's carries.

2017: 120 attempts in 16 games

2018: 194 attempts in 15 games (remember he also got FED in the first 4 games here while Ingram was suspended)

2019: 171 attempts in 14 games

He had 23 less carries in one less game.  Clearly was bothered by a high ankle sprain when he returned from injury.  The starting QB of the offense missed several games as well.  The reason people feel like Kamara disappointed was because of lack of TDs.  Only 6 TDs last year compared to 18 and 13 each year before.  Everyone knows TDs drastically change year to year.  

If Kamara can avoid a nagging injury like a HAS, and Drew Brees plays all 16 like he usually does, I think Kamara pops back up to around 9-10 TDs at least.  If you give Kamara 4 more TDs for last year, he would pop up to #8 RB overall.  In terms of PPG, he was #8 last year.  Add in a healthy Brees for 16 games, plus a few more TDs, plus whatever production he'll get from those 2 missed games, and Kamara is at least in the top 5.

Murray had almost the exact same number of RZ carries as Kamara in 2019.  I’d qualify that as “eating” into his snap share, particularly on those plays most likely to result in a TD.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Murray had almost the exact same number of RZ carries as Kamara in 2019.  I’d qualify that as “eating” into his snap share, particularly on those plays most likely to result in a TD.

Was that RZ snap share any different from when Ingram was there?

19 minutes ago, devaster said:

Was that RZ snap share any different from when Ingram was there?

Yes - in 2018, he was among the league leaders in RZ targets, carries and TDs.

On 3/8/2020 at 11:04 AM, Stonej14 said:

taysom hill eats into Kamara’s carries? I think you mean Lat Murray eats into kamaras carries?

Lat or Ingram type rb will always be there to take some goaline work from Kamara.  You have to accept that.  But it’s the times hill gets the carry from the one or swing pass when kamara is the only rb in the game that is ridiculously annoying. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, youngrice said:

Lat or Ingram type rb will always be there to take some goaline work from Kamara.  You have to accept that.  But it’s the times hill gets the carry from the one or swing pass when kamara is the only rb in the game that is ridiculously annoying. 

I mean hill had 27 rushes and 19 catches with 7 total tds for 380 total yards. I get that’s annoying when it happens but it’s also like being worried about Curtis Samuel when drafting CMC. 

Edited by Stonej14

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

I mean hill had 27 rushes and 19 catches with 7 total tds for 380 total yards. I get that’s annoying when it happens but it’s also like being worried about Curtis Samuel when drafting CMC. 

I didn't have Kamara last year in any leagues.  Was really talking about my frustration the year before.  I remember having Ingram in one league and Kamara in the other.  Many times NO getting inside the five and doing some stupid Hill play that would lose yards.

Hill scored 4 TDs on 6 RZ targets. He also scored 2 TDs on 15 RZ carries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, goke said:

If I'm Kamara I am 100% holding out

Especially when you see that Taysom Hill got $21m over 2 years to do... what, exactly?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Especially when you see that Taysom Hill got $21m over 2 years to do... what, exactly?

I guess he's the next Kamara.  🤣

Just now, Boudewijn said:

Of course he is, that was just my little joke since everyone here gets called "the next Kamara."

You want to know how wacky NFL contracts are?

Combined cap number for Hill, Thomas Morestead and Will Lutz is 13.1 million.

Kamara's is 2.3.

• Like 1

Got to like the drafting of C Ruiz - the consensus best interior line prospect in the 2020 class.  The NO O-line should continue to be to 5 in the NFL and create lots of space for Kamara to operate.  Kamara a top 5 overall pick for me in PPR.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Got to like the drafting of C Ruiz - the consensus best interior line prospect in the 2020 class.  The NO O-line should continue to be to 5 in the NFL and create lots of space for Kamara to operate.  Kamara a top 5 overall pick for me in PPR.

Ruiz may or may not make much of an impact this year, unless the Saints decide to move Warford with one year left on his deal. Maybe Ruiz just straight-up beats him out in camp and wins the RG job, but without all the OTAs and offseason meetings and workouts and such...I have my doubts. If the NFL plays this fall, I feel like it'll be Warford starting at RG and not Ruiz. 

And none of this may matter if Kamara decides to hold out, lol. 

15 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Was there a report of a possible hold out or just speculation?

Just speculation right now. However it would seemingly be the smart thing for him to do especially after seeing the joke that is Taysom's new contract. Even Melvin got an ok contract after a disastrous holdout.