Didn't get much traction on my other post, so this will be an update but some help needed with who to keep, and if there are any glaring improvements that need to be made.

12team H2H standard 7x7 Dynasty league...

The league I'm in is a 4 sport dynasty, so we can trade across all leagues...
My team is currently at 33 guys. We can keep 28, DL included, and up to 5 NA prospects. I need to get that down so I've been trying to make trades, but the reality is, outside of 1 or maybe 2 guys there are really no OBVIOUS drops...

My team is as follows and how I may place them this year, but I  still need advice on moves I can/should make to improve as well as who to cut.

C -Garver Twins,

1B Realmuto (and have a trade in the works for abbreu...)

2B Hiura, Lux, McNeil, Chris Taylor (likely a drop)Brendan Rodgers.  Most of them have SS eligibility as well

SS Correa

3B Justin Turner, Ke'Bryan Hayes, Senzel

OF Yordan Alvarez, Verdugo, Yellich, Luis Robert, Dahl, Bellinger

UTIL Nelson Cruz

SP Foltynewicz, Buehler, Berrios, , Dustin May, James Paxton, Jesus Luzardo, Dylan Cease, Charlie Morton, Kershaw, Clevinger,  Corbin, Kopech

RP E. Diaz, Jansen ,Hendriks, Emilio Pagan

NA Seth Beer, Luis Patino, Keibert Ruiz, Forrest Whitley,

Now, some moves I could make... I don't need to carry Garver and realmuto, but could, and keep Realmuto at 1st.  Move Belli to the outfield, but then I have 6 outfielders... 
Nelson Cruz is utility only, but a big bat to have, but could maybe move him in a package to someone.

I love my starting pitching, even after moving Scherzer in the yellich/Robert/Whitley deal

Any thoughts on who to drop?  Need to get the roster to 28 plus 5 NA spots.  I could in theory put Robert or Hayes in one of the 5 NA spots and clear one roster spot, or I could drop Beer and put both in there as well...

Any glaring holes anywhere?

Sorry for so many questions, was trying to do it all in 1 post, but could break it up into multiple posts if that's easier/better

Thanks for the help with mine. Your rosters are much more complicated than what I am used to, so here are just some general thoughts:

• Taylor and Rodgers are drops for me. Rockies are weird with their prospects, so Rodgers worries me.

• Have owned Correa for a few years and he is extremely frustrating as he can't stay healthy, I would try to package him with someone for an OF or 1B and move one of your SS eligible guys there.

• Don't like Folty at all. He'd be a drop for me. You've got a great SP and don't need him.  

• Monitor what the Reds do as it seems as though they are blocking Senzel with the moves they are making. Senzel may get traded.

• Dahl can be cut too if needed IMO. Injury prone. 

• Like 1

Some easy cuts are Rodgers, Taylor, Folty and Dahl. I also agree on Chadgo1 ideas of moving Correa in a package. As good as he is all we owners can bank on is a half a season worth of stats. Anything more is gravy. To help give you an idea, I packaged Correa with George Springer for Fransisco Lindor at the trade dead line last year in my keeper league and I couldn’t be happier.

12 minutes ago, Chadgo1 said:

Thanks for the help with mine. Your rosters are much more complicated than what I am used to, so here are just some general thoughts:

• Taylor and Rodgers are drops for me. Rockies are weird with their prospects, so Rodgers worries me.

• Have owned Correa for a few years and he is extremely frustrating as he can't stay healthy, I would try to package him with someone for an OF or 1B and move one of your SS eligible guys there.

• Don't like Folty at all. He'd be a drop for me. You've got a great SP and don't need him.  

• Monitor what the Reds do as it seems as though they are blocking Senzel with the moves they are making. Senzel may get traded.

• Dahl can be cut too if needed IMO. Injury prone. 

Thanks for the input.  Agree that Taylor is a drop, possibly Dahl, and for Rodgers, I am not sure I want to give up on, and trading him could be a loss for me...Same for Senzel...

Correa still sits in the top 10 SS list, but I can agree with what you're saying. Maybe I'll try to move him and Rodgers/senzel for a SS...

I picked up Folty last year towards the end of the season, he did well at that point.  I think he has a shot to get better, but definitely could use him as trade bait

1 minute ago, charger_ss24 said:

Some easy cuts are Rodgers, Taylor, Folty and Dahl. I also agree on Chadgo1 ideas of moving Correa in a package. As good as he is all we owners can bank on is a half a season worth of stats. Anything more is gravy. To help give you an idea, I packaged Correa with George Springer for Fransisco Lindor at the trade dead line last year in my keeper league and I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks for the input. Now that it's been mentioned, I like the idea of possibly moving Correa.  I know Lindor is a no go in this league, but I'll look around and see what I can come up with

• Like 1

Drops: Garver, Chris Taylor, Rodgers, Cease

Move: Realmuto to C, Bellinger to 1B, Senzel to OF, Move Hayes to NA

Trades: You've got a solid team. Wouldn't mind moving Correa if you can get it done reasonably, but wouldn't mind having him either.

Not sure how many OF you need, but the 5 you got there are good. Senzel won't have eligibility anywhere other than OF for most leagues.  With those drops and moves that should fill your NA to 5 and your overall roster -5 that you needed. If you need to drop one more go ahead and drop Senzel or Folty. 

Help me?

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 10:30 AM, Dark Kn19ht said:

Drops: Garver, Chris Taylor, Rodgers, Cease

Move: Realmuto to C, Bellinger to 1B, Senzel to OF, Move Hayes to NA

Trades: You've got a solid team. Wouldn't mind moving Correa if you can get it done reasonably, but wouldn't mind having him either.

Not sure how many OF you need, but the 5 you got there are good. Senzel won't have eligibility anywhere other than OF for most leagues.  With those drops and moves that should fill your NA to 5 and your overall roster -5 that you needed. If you need to drop one more go ahead and drop Senzel or Folty. 

Help me?

Garver is a really hard drop to swallow... He is projected to be the number 5 overall fantasy catcher.  Taylor is an easy drop, but Rodgers and Cease are again hard drops to make.  This is a keep all dynasty league, so dropping those guys would really not be a great idea.  If this was a re-draft, I could do that more easily.  

I'm still working on moving a few other guys to get my roster down.

Do not cut garver Dahl rodgers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, marcmiller04 said:

Garver is a really hard drop to swallow... He is projected to be the number 5 overall fantasy catcher.  Taylor is an easy drop, but Rodgers and Cease are again hard drops to make.  This is a keep all dynasty league, so dropping those guys would really not be a great idea.  If this was a re-draft, I could do that more easily.  

I'm still working on moving a few other guys to get my roster down.

Garver isn't needed since you have Realmuto right (you said it in your OP)? The rest of your team is good. You'd be dropping other players that are better if you held onto Rodgers and Cease. There will always be more prospects. Keep the proven guys that you have and win a title. You asked for suggestions to help you drop players. If you're going to disregard drop suggestions with, "I'm working on trades", maybe don't bother with asking for help. I'm not coming at you or anything just confused at the response.

Correa is fine and I feel will be better than Rodgers always. No need to keep Rodgers. Justin Turner getting older has me inclined to keep Hayes. If you can accomplish the cuts with trades that great. I'm answering your question as it stands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Garver isn't needed since you have Realmuto right (you said it in your OP)? The rest of your team is good. You'd be dropping other players that are better if you held onto Rodgers and Cease. There will always be more prospects. Keep the proven guys that you have and win a title. You asked for suggestions to help you drop players. If you're going to disregard drop suggestions with, "I'm working on trades", maybe don't bother with asking for help. I'm not coming at you or anything just confused at the response.

Correa is fine and I feel will be better than Rodgers always. No need to keep Rodgers. Justin Turner getting older has me inclined to keep Hayes. If you can accomplish the cuts with trades that great. I'm answering your question as it stands.

Appreciate the response, and I don't want you or anyone else to take my responses as unwilling to take advice. I'm trying to get opinions, and will always take those into consideration. 

While I completely understand that i don't need both garver and realmuto. Unfortunately, i had a deal go sideways earlier which would have moved realmuto, but I needed to add a catcher for that deal, so I added garver, and after doing so, the other guy backed out. 

The upside of garver, Rodgers,  Dahl and cease are "hard pills to swallow" in the event of dropping them. I was simply explaining my side and my hesitation. I have some time before final rosters are due, and hopefully I can make some trades to fix some of my stuff. In the meantime, it's always nice to gather other opinions before making final decisions. 

Appreciate your feedback, and I'll continue to provide mine as I can

• Like 1

Taylor, beer, folty, hayes easy cuts imo

Garver could always be dealt

Rodgers has 25 hr pop in Coors at 2b

After robert and lux, hes your best prospect imo, over the overrated whitley and ruiz

Hi Guys. I know im not in the correct forum but i would appreciate any help. Im new here and trying to post in this category about a keeper question i have. I would like to start a new topic but i am not able to select the bench coach section. Please help and again a apologize for posting in the wrong forum

9 minutes ago, rooster1 said:

Hi Guys. I know im not in the correct forum but i would appreciate any help. Im new here and trying to post in this category about a keeper question i have. I would like to start a new topic but i am not able to select the bench coach section. Please help and again a apologize for posting in the wrong forum

You need to have 10 responses to other posts in order to be able to start a new topic. 

What's your question, maybe I can help in this thread

Thanks for the explanation. Here is my question. Perhaps you could start a new thread with it? Thanks :)

im in a 14 teams league on yahoo. Roto for the year categories are Runs, Rbis, HR, Triples, Doubles, OBP, SB, K (offense) and wins, saves, K, HR allowed, era, h per 9, bb per 9 (pitching). There are no matchups. Basically if you are first in the league in a category you have 14 points second has 13 etc etc. Our league has 5 keepers and roster is c,c,1,2,3,ss,CI,MI,of,of,of,of,of,util. Last year i traded my frist second third picks to win it all. Current players worth keeping are. Grandal, Bregman, Rendon, Brantley, Correa, cole, verlander, clevinger,springer.  Catchers in our league are worth so much so im thinking of keeping Grandal, bregman, rendon, cole and verlander. what are your toughts? thank you very much 

Edited by rooster1

Cole, Verlander, Clevinger, Bregman, Rendon

On 1/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, rooster1 said:

Thanks for the explanation. Here is my question. Perhaps you could start a new thread with it? Thanks :)

im in a 14 teams league on yahoo. Roto for the year categories are Runs, Rbis, HR, Triples, Doubles, OBP, SB, K (offense) and wins, saves, K, HR allowed, era, h per 9, bb per 9 (pitching). There are no matchups. Basically if you are first in the league in a category you have 14 points second has 13 etc etc. Our league has 5 keepers and roster is c,c,1,2,3,ss,CI,MI,of,of,of,of,of,util. Last year i traded my frist second third picks to win it all. Current players worth keeping are. Grandal, Bregman, Rendon, Brantley, Correa, cole, verlander, clevinger,springer.  Catchers in our league are worth so much so im thinking of keeping Grandal, bregman, rendon, cole and verlander. what are your toughts? thank you very much 

On 1/12/2020 at 12:20 PM, rooster1 said:

Can't justify keeping a C in a 5 keeper league even a 2C league, IMO.

Cole, Clevinger, Bregman, Rendon, Springer would be my keepers.

Wouldn't fault anyone for keeping Verlander over Springer, but with 5 OF, its more important to keep a good OF option in my opinion. Also, I have a feeling Verlander drops off sooner rather than later (I'm in the minority here, but I feel its coming sooner).

Keeping all 3 SP's would allow you to focus on OF in the draft earlier though so either way you're good. Do you feel like there will be better options for OF or SP in the draft. Will a majority the good OF's get kept? Or will a majority of the SP's get kept? Either way it'll be easy to adjust during the draft. I'd lean having the better start at offense since you already have the 2 younger studs in Cole and Clevinger to build around.