Sign in to follow this  
Ray Barboni

Can we do better than the assistant coach forum?

Anything is worth a try.

I like this idea, the AC forum is slow af

Full slate of games tomorrow... let’s see if we can get this thing going fellas. 

if we do it right, we just might be able to make this work. No add drop questions. 

keep this to start/sit questions for the upcoming slate of games - only for players you have rostered. 

you could add in your current matchup if you like, and which categories you might be targeting.

see y’all tomorrow 

This is an AC post. 💀

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

This is an AC post. 💀

AC forum is horrible. How do we do better? 

The only worthwhile activity happens here. 

Most people don’t have an hour or 2 before tipoff to post, leave links and wait for simple start/sit questions to be answered. 

There’s a very well established board elsewhere - that has a dedicated start/sit thread each week, located within the main board - outside of it’s AC forum.

why can’t that happen here? Some will try and abuse it. Leave those posts unanswered.

but deciding between Jaylon Brown vs SGA against so n so “tonight” should be easy enough to allow here.

Yea I remember going on there and asking for an opinion of which 4 game rental forward for the week I should get and use, and listed 4 guys I had on mind. The response I got was crickets 

That’s because you guys don’t do the WHIR WHIR WHIR. Gotta write that 3 times. Burn something smell good, light up the candles, go into a yoga position and just hope and pray someone give you an answer that worth a damn.

All kidding aside, lately AC forums have been filling with these:

Q: Brown or Turner

A: “Brown or Turner would be fine to start”

what??? 

Q: Got offered Luka for my Zach L and Beal should I take it? 

A: How did you get that offer? Is it a family league? Are you playing against yo mam? Find a better league. I want to be in your league. I will dominate and beat your stupid league. Invite me next season. 

What???

C’mon man! 

Oh back to OP. Yea I’m in. And get this ish started. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ginocan said:

That’s because you guys don’t do the WHIR WHIR WHIR. Gotta write that 3 times. Burn something smell good, light up the candles, go into a yoga position and just hope and pray someone give you an answer that worth a damn.

All kidding aside, lately AC forums have been filling with these:

Q: Brown or Turner

A: “Brown or Turner would be fine to start”

what??? 

Q: Got offered Luka for my Zach L and Beal should I take it? 

A: How did you get that offer? Is it a family league? Are you playing against yo mam? Find a better league. I want to be in your league. I will dominate and beat your stupid league. Invite me next season. 

What???

C’mon man! 

Oh back to OP. Yea I’m in. And get this ish started. 

And for the record, Beal (before he suddenly turned into a woose) and Lavine is a pretty good haul for Doncic. Have these guys been paying attention? Both Zach and Beal have been great this year. Of course not Doncic great, hence both guys for him. Maybe the gut with Doncic has too much of a stars and scrubs team, and needs a more balanced lineup. If I was trading a top 5 guy, that's the type of haul I would be seeking 

Edited by Dominator83

I don’t feel optimistic that a single forum thread is the appropriate platform to handle many questions in general, because questions can get bumped to the previous page pretty quickly depending on the activity level. I could be wrong though, and I wouldn’t be opposed to trying it.

• Thanks 1

I usually would get around 4 replies per question on AC Forum but.....

gotta put WHIR in the title of the thread

gotta reply to everyone in the last few hours before your post, that posted a question with WHIR in the title, adding a link to your post in your response (give a decent response to them obv)

also check who has recently replied to threads that have a WHIR thread themselves (shows that they are online and they will see you replied to them)

always quote so they get a notification that you replied

ive never gotten 0 responses doing this but obv it is very tedious so we shall see how this idea goes

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

The AC forum is actually useless. By the time anyone responds, it's already the end of the week 

Last time i went on that ac form for any help was about 2 years ago..its pretty useless. people just quickly give u a half a** answer and hit you with the "can you answer mine". 

I get the frustration with the AC forum and here is my take on it. The AC forum is a long game. If you go in there just looking to get (oftentimes immediately) and not give you probably won't be happy. You need to establish a reputation and go in there and give thoughtful advice to people without expecting anything in return. Then when you need a hook up you can tap into that good will you already established. Eventually you probably find a couple users that you can go direct to seeking advice that you trust that you have helped and gotten help from along the way. I am not defending or knocking it. It is what it is. But you need to give more than you take before it becomes worthwhile to you, IMO. 

Trying to figure out this out so we can either make it happen with a structure that has a chance to be a tool for the community or not. I do appreciate the thought behind this. Being creative and adapting is something I always respect.

I’m down to help. But on the top is of the AC forum, I don’t 100% agree. I’ve gotten tons of replies and, more importantly, have doled out my fair share.

The trick (as already mentioned above) is to add WHIR (will help in return) to your title and legit answer every thread on the first page as those are usually the most recent threads.

I try to prioritize those people who also have WHIR in their titles, but the breakdown may be something like: reply to 10 get 5 responses back.

I don’t think it should be used for sit/start issues or time pressing matters, but trade advice will always be useful.

Additionally, I’d recommend hopping on Reddit’s fantasy nba page. You can get pretty quick advice there.

Edited by mcflywalker

18 replies and nobody has asked an AC question. Are we sure there's a demand for a thread like this?

Should I start Lonzo or Devonte today? or both since I also have an option of not streaming LeVert?

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

Should I start Lonzo or Devonte today? or both since I also have an option of not streaming LeVert?

i got Devonte so im deff starting him.. his last game against Utah on dec 21 posted 22 pts with 3 rbs, 4 ast , 5 3s and 4 turnovers. I got Levert too but dont see him getting more than 20 min as he's still knocking off the rust so i dont expect much from him against Mia tonight 

11 minutes ago, malixx said:

i got Devonte so im deff starting him.. his last game against Utah on dec 21 posted 22 pts with 3 rbs, 4 ast , 5 3s and 4 turnovers. I got Levert too but dont see him getting more than 20 min as he's still knocking off the rust so i dont expect much from him against Mia tonight 

Already announced that Levert will have his minutes increased today and played 22 min last game lol

• Like 2

I haven't went to the AC forum in years, so I can understand the frustration. I'd probably at least look at this thread and see what's up, maybe answer. But still, some questions need a lot of info to answer well. For example:

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

What's your league setup?  If it's weekly 9 cat, how far ahead and behind are you in each cat? Maybe Grahams fg% is a non issue for you, ya know? Who else do you have? Who else does your opponent have? Maybe lonzos rebounds are critical, but maybe they're not needed cause you're already so far ahead or behind. 

It's almost like you need to take a pic of your match up page to get great responses. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I haven't went to the AC forum in years, so I can understand the frustration. I'd probably at least look at this thread and see what's up, maybe answer. But still, some questions need a lot of info to answer well. For example:

What's your league setup?  If it's weekly 9 cat, how far ahead and behind are you in each cat? Maybe Grahams fg% is a non issue for you, ya know? Who else do you have? Who else does your opponent have? Maybe lonzos rebounds are critical, but maybe they're not needed cause you're already so far ahead or behind. 

It's almost like you need to take a pic of your match up page to get great responses. 

yeah, thats what i was thinkin as well but didnt wanna bother others...but heres how it goes, jrue is out, pg is out so im down to these guys basically, basically my lineup now without three of em for tonight is mitchell, ingram, jaren, favors and since have a starting five plus sixth man type of setup, im down to lonzo, graham and levert in deciding whos the last two guys that im pluggin tonight...its a 9 cat league, im good with 4 cats, no way he catches up to those (pts, ast, blks, 3pt%), losing three cats (ft%, TO, stls) and tbh fg%,stls, rebs are pretty tight (+9 on rebs, -3 on stls +1% on fg)...im thinkin of pluggin lonzo for sure since jrue is out and they playin the knicks so its should be a feast for a lot of guys tonight...i just have to decide between levert and graham tbh and im on a verge of picking levert since the nets are in a desperate need of a spark/another scorer