Sign in to follow this  
Whitecloud0101

Chris Paddack 2020 Outlook

6 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I would expect around 170 innings from Paddack. 

I agree and that’s pretty valuable considering 180 is the new 200 when it comes to innings. 51 guys went for more than 170 last year, 33 for more than 180, 22 for 190+ and only 15 for for 200 or more. If he can produce an era in the mid 3 range with a low whip and good k numbers he’ll be worth his adp of 62 I believe. 

Posted (edited)

top 10 sp ROS? [...] home ballpark and bullpen advantage have to count for something.

Edited by tonycpsu

With so many drubbings today.. it was easy to overlook it from a guy many people have as their number 1 or number 2 starter. Paddack is simply giving up too many home runs and it’s alarming.  Should right the ship but in a short season it’s a little concerning.

People seem to just be sitting on his fastball since he doesn't throw his 3rd pitch a lot.  His changeup is filthy, but he's pretty much a two-pitch guy right now and I think that allows batters to just sit on the heat knowing they'll eventually get one.

Another disappointing outing from Paddack.  This guy really needs to develop that 3rd pitch so he can mix his pitches better.  

Leaves after 2 innings with perhaps an injury just about puts a bow on this disastrous sophomore season for Paddack

I wouldn’t have started him against the Dodgers next week anyhow.  I have championship aspirations.  Paddack doesn’t fit into that.  I was DUPED.  

What happened to this guy?

I never completely bought in but I didn't think he would be bad.

Edited by B&F

A shining beacon for the surprising suckfest that is the 2020 Padres with their amazing nonexistent playoff trio of Lamet/Clevinger/Paddack.  It’s all bad, all the time.  Maybe just start Drew Pomeranz in game one against whatever team will absolutely obliterate them.

2 hours ago, B&F said:

What happened to this guy?

I never completely bought in but I didn't think he would be bad.

Two pitch pitcher got figured out.