cashvillesent

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

Yep those 4 receptions a game def killed him tonight 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TennisDude said:

Well he's barely used Chark so far and done just fine anyways. He seems to love Shenault far more. Shrug All I know is this is the 24th ranked pass defense (that made Josh Allen look like Joe Montana) in Miami and without Byron Jones is easily the worst pass defense in football...at home. I mean this is kind of what you dream for in matchups.

Sorry guys. :( Absolutely unreal he'd sh*t the bed this hard on a primetime game, at home, against that D. But either he just doesn't have it, Chark is just that good, or Thursday nights are a scary curse. I don't know. But man did he make some horrible decisions out there. All that calm and control from the first two games went right out the window tonight.

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 2

Did you guys know Minshew is one of only two QBs to throw 3 or more TDs in the first two games this year? The other? Russell Wilson. 🙄🔫

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Yep those 4 receptions a game def killed him tonight 

Wow.....

1 minute ago, FooserX said:

To be Fair his receivers did not do him any favors with all the drops including the one by DD in the end zone

UGG… Horrible week will never play anybody who puts up a sub 10 point QB performance ever again

I shoulda listened to the poster that said center and chark being out will be bad for him. And then my gut said bench, but then I saw another poster who said minshew td bet went to like -250. That **** influenced me more than it should’ve. Vegas wins again 

• Like 3

Moral of the story… Analyst and hype 

trains know Jack… Just go with your gut

Edited by FooserX

Am I the only one who holds lifetime grudges against players who played well before picking them up and then they're **** for your team? Especially when they go back to not sucking when I drop them. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Matthew Berry loved him this week btw...

That would have been useful information 4 hours ago... Good lookin' out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drewfus said:

Am I the only one who holds lifetime grudges against players who played well before picking them up and then they're **** for your team? Especially when they go back to not sucking when I drop them. 

Yep. This is my second time streaming this mustache forker.  Never again, streamed him last year with great matchup but got screwed. Never again, lesson learned. 

6 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

the older I get, this god damn hobby is just like stock investing. You buy at the wrong time and the stock sinks and tests your patience...and sometimes you eject and sell low. You feel right for one game but then the stock bounces back in a huge wAy...it’s literally psychology and investing 101.

i wouldnt drop him- there was a reason we picked him up and the stars aligned for a good game and he just **** the bed and so did the team. Odds are this team is not as good as we thought and were over achieving, or minshew can’t handle the pressure in prime time nationally televised games.

• Like 2

At some point I’ll stop chasing points from bad real life teams because in theory they were supposed to smash this matchup. Tonight was a harsh reminder that nothing is ever as true as it seems or are ever shoe ins.

after today, I’ve concluded that the jaguars do in fact suck, and weeks 1 and 2 were probably pre season mirage. I think minshew can churn value but they seemed to figure him out big time tonight 

The Dolphin defense played like the 85 Bears tonight.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

At some point I’ll stop chasing points from bad real life teams because in theory they were supposed to smash this matchup. Tonight was a harsh reminder that nothing is ever as true as it seems or are ever shoe ins.

after today, I’ve concluded that the jaguars do in fact suck, and weeks 1 and 2 were probably pre season mirage. I think minshew can churn value but they seemed to figure him out big time tonight 

Idk that this is necessarily true. A lot of people itt, myself included, said what we had seen from Miami the first two weeks may have been a mirage and not a true reflection of Miami's D. I think we saw the real Miami D is not actually bad, but just run of the mill average playing against a sub par supporting cast. Jags D on the other hand is truly the league's worst.  

Agree Weeks 1 and 2 were a mirage because they played against bad defenses in Tenn and Indy. Jags also play too slow tp score in a hurry. Tonight was a pace up game for them against the Dolphins who had the pass heaviest neutral game script  

• Thanks 1

Minshew is a guy who will need all circumstances to align with healthy personnel to be good.  Starting center being out perhaps gave him less time than usual, but Chark being out meant there was no field stretching threat at all.  Laugh all you want at Chark's 3.5 targets per game, but perhaps he's the reason the other receivers have been able to prosper, because of the attention required on him.

Thankfully went with my gut despite the goofy overzealous hype in this thread even AFTER hearing Chark was out.  Before that news I understood the hype, after that announcement it felt like delusion.  No way I'm dropping after seeing the potential from the first two games because I need to see if the Chark effect is that big of a deal on his game.

• Thanks 1

Minshew sucks when the prime time lights are shining.

source: huskies fan who watched him choke every apple cup.

Hes not someone I’d ever want to rely on in my QB slot.

• Like 2

0 and 3 most likely thanks to this turd. Also had Parker who did less because they were missing a lead and not throwing much the entire second half.

I hate fantasy football!

• Like 2

Management must of got to him to throw games away so they can get their tanking season under way 😂😂 pretty bad performance tonight. 

it was looking even worse depending on your league settings but getting 10 points from him tonight seemed like a blessing. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

0 and 3 most likely thanks to this turd. Also had Parker who did less because they were missing a lead and not throwing much the entire second half.

I hate fantasy football!

He was QB11 and QB12 first two weeks. Maybe the rest of your team needs work.