cashvillesent

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, stay_woke said:

You can never start him without Chark. That was brutal 

Nah...Chark hasn’t been a difference maker for him this yr. I wouldn’t trust Minshew with or without Chark.

4 hours ago, Mmiller186 said:

Yep. This is my second time streaming this mustache forker.  Never again, streamed him last year with great matchup but got screwed. Never again, lesson learned. 

Let me guess...was it the London game last year that u streamed him in? Cause I streamed him in that game last year and he screwed me, he was on fire going into that game and had a gd matchup played absolutely horrible. I said never again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Minshew is a guy who will need all circumstances to align with healthy personnel to be good.  Starting center being out perhaps gave him less time than usual, but Chark being out meant there was no field stretching threat at all.  Laugh all you want at Chark's 3.5 targets per game, but perhaps he's the reason the other receivers have been able to prosper, because of the attention required on him.

Thankfully went with my gut despite the goofy overzealous hype in this thread even AFTER hearing Chark was out.  Before that news I understood the hype, after that announcement it felt like delusion.  No way I'm dropping after seeing the potential from the first two games because I need to see if the Chark effect is that big of a deal on his game.

I mean, look at Stafford and Brees without their number 1 receivers. They basically both became worthless. And like you said it's deeper than the guy just making catches. The 1 receiver draws coverage from the linebackers and safeties, giving 3 other receivers one on one situations where you know one of them will get free. Without your 1 receiver, everybody gets doubled and it becomes a nightmare getting open. Saying all that, I still felt Minshew would do at least something against probably the worst defense in the league the first 2 weeks, and without Byron Jones. And both his turnovers were absolutely horrific decisions, running with the ball in one hand through lineman, and literally just throwing the ball to the vicinity of a receiver without any plan. Geeeeeeeeesh

No QB in the league could have produced under last night's conditions. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

What conditions? Beautiful florida weather or playing against a poop defense that made Josh Allen and Cam Newton look like Hall of Famers? So Maholmes and Jackson wouldn't have succeeded? Why? What conditions?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

What conditions? Beautiful florida weather or playing against a poop defense that made Josh Allen and Cam Newton look like Hall of Famers? So Maholmes and Jackson wouldn't have succeeded? Why? What conditions?

His O-line was a revolving door and his receivers had grease on their hands. The only one he could depend on was JR. I understand the urgency in your tone, I hope this helps you relax.

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

His O-line was a revolving door and his receivers had grease on their hands. The only one he could depend on was JR. I understand the urgency in your tone, I hope this helps you relax.

I thought he had some time, but was holding the ball forever all night. Now that could have been due to Chark being out, but you can't  hold the ball for 5 seconds and think things are going to work out often.

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

I thought he had some time, but was holding the ball forever all night. Now that could have been due to Chark being out, but you can't  hold the ball for 5 seconds and think things are going to work out often.

Go re-watch the game. He didn't have much time at all and his receivers let him down many times. Maholmes and Jackson both benefit from very good lines but yes, clearly they're much better. I think they would have had a hard time last night subbing in for Minsshew though.

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Catch Fail GIFs | Tenor

God this gif Is amazing!

Fu Minshew tossed for 275 and although I'm glad JRob got 2 TDs those just as easily could have been Fu Minshew TDs. So, we fooled ourselves expecting a ton without baby chark do do do do do do do do.

It happens in magik foosball.

• Haha 1

Luckily I’m going against a weak opponent this week.

Minshew did not look good last night.  Should have had that TD to Conley on the blown coverage. Dede also dropped a TD.  I’ll give him a pass as Chark was out.  Clearly he is a difference maker.

Conley played a terrible game.  Ran a poor route on his only int.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

He was QB11 and QB12 first two weeks. Maybe the rest of your team needs work.

Wasn't starting Watson against Steelers who blitz a ton and he is bad against blitz. 

When you start 15.points in the hole against top rated team will likely lose. As for my team. I lost week 1 with 2nd highest score and week 2 was a disaster with Parris Campbell ....and my opponent was 2nd highest scorer. Som e years luck not on your side

Started Minshew over Watson this week as well.....sad trombone - That wide open TD pass to Conley would have helped greatly. 

With Chark back and some more weapons, this team will be fun to watch Congrats to all the Robinson owners, best player on the filed. 

3 hours ago, hard1 said:

Conley did no favors last night either

two drops, offensive PI..and couldn't run down the open TD (ok i know that was Minshew's fault but lets still blame Conley).

Man, you all are jumping ship so quick? Yeah, it didnt work out yesterday, but no reason to abandon. He still have a very juicy schedule coming up and I'd still recommend rolling him out with a fair amount of confidence next week. Chark being out also did not help nor the bad WR play from Conley and DD. . Defenses are going to have to respect the run especially after Robinsons performance and Minshew will come out next week with something to prove. Lets not forget the Jags defense wasn't stopping anything until the 4th quarter. That didnt help either. Minshew was put into a deep hole early. 

In my opinion, it would be a major mistake to give up so quickly. He still has a lot of upside. 

• Like 1

Dude not worth the risk. He had his 1 shot against a cake matchup and caved under pressure.

Let someone else risk it but I saw weak throws overthrowing receivers bad passes. If he faces pressure he doesn't have arm strength to pass when not able to step I to throws.

Someone mentioned that missing his center would be pretty impactful--when is his center expected back?

i just wonder if that really did have that great of an effect on his play.

2 hours ago, MrPositive said:

He was bad all the way around.  His reads were poor.  He panicked and left the pocket too early, threw into triple coverage.   The sidelines were open on several occasions and he just missed it, forced the ball to the middle of the field.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papaphunk said:

Started Minshew over Watson this week as well.....sad trombone - That wide open TD pass to Conley would have helped greatly. 

With Chark back and some more weapons, this team will be fun to watch Congrats to all the Robinson owners, best player on the filed. 

Needed that TD. Minshew got absolutely hammered by an untouched rusher on that play. Needed 1/2 second more...

7 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Nah...Chark hasn’t been a difference maker for him this yr. I wouldn’t trust Minshew with or without Chark.

Uhh what? He dropped 20+ points the two games he played with Chark and then Chark is out and he has multiple drives in the first half killed by Conley alone. It's pretty obvious the effect Chark has on the rest of this offense

3 hours ago, Spyplane said:

This is absurd

• Like 3
  • Haha 1