cashvillesent

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

Woke up and still can't get over the fact that I went against my gut. Should've known better. Losing starters on a short week is just bad for continuity, and don't think I will be starting any QB ever again unless they are studly on those conditions. 

• Like 1

I know we all want the QBs we start to hit 20+ points but what do people consider a minimum that a QB should get even with a poor performance that won’t ruin your weeks matchup? 10,15 pts? 

20 minutes ago, Leopard said:

I know we all want the QBs we start to hit 20+ points but what do people consider a minimum that a QB should get even with a poor performance that won’t ruin your weeks matchup? 10,15 pts? 

8-10. you’re behind the 8 ball by 8-10 points especially if your opponent has a competent qb1. In competitive leagues, it’s near impossible to make up the gap depending on matchups. It’ll take a **** ton of luck to win this week. Not saying it isn’t doable but I’m putting it at a 15% chance. You wanna feel like you have a 40-60% chance of winning any week...and a qb is just one position that are supposed to be high floor guys...especially this idiot who is supposed to run the ball and not turn the ball over.

48 minutes ago, Leopard said:

on a bad week im fine with 15. anything less is hard to overcome with a win without the rest of your team performing.

I'm coining... i got minshewed

Also he should have had to shave his mustache for that loss to the beard

choked in primetime. smh... thought this guy could handle the limelight, but apparently not. will get dropped next week

This guy is straight trash....I will never take part in any Jags players ever again. 

To be fair he had 2 starting offensive linemen out as well as their #1 wr. Their o-line was getting man handled alot, leaving Minshew with not alot of time. I think he will have better weeks.

• Like 2

Not the game we wanted from Minshew.

But he's still a strong start in 2Qb and Superflex leagues. Chark coming back will do wonders for him. Chris Conley is straight trash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Not the game we wanted from Minshew.

But he's still a strong start in 2Qb and Superflex leagues. Chark coming back will do wonders for him. Chris Conley is straight trash.

Still rolling him out there next week 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Still rolling him out there next week 

Same here... he's easily a Top 24 option. And more like a Top 15 option most weeks when Chark is healthy. Wouldn't be shocked at all if he ends the season as a QB1.

2 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Same here... he's easily a Top 24 option. And more like a Top 15 option most weeks when Chark is healthy. Wouldn't be shocked at all if he ends the season as a QB1.

I took a peak and looked at the matchups for week 4, and it's between him and Tannehill vs. Pitts......going to roll the stash again

was gonna drop [...] but the matchup coming against cincy seems cake. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

8 hours ago, brosephd said:

was gonna drop [...] but the matchup coming against cincy seems cake. 

So did Miami

• Like 2

Are Matt Ryan owners going to congregate here again this week? 

According to Rapsheet, at risk of being benched today for Mike Glennon. 

Jags would use to bye week to assess. 

pick up glennon in superflex?

9 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

According to Rapsheet, at risk of being benched today for Mike Glennon. 

Jags would use to bye week to assess. 

21 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Only in 2 QB/Superflex leagues where literally every QB is owned. Might as well stash him to beat the rush. They certainly aren’t the WORST offense in the league. 

1 hour ago, dannyz6969 said:

This guy sucks, but 100% sure Glennon is not an improvement. If Minshew put as much time in the video room as he did in front of the mirror primping his hair and mustache, he wouldn’t be half terrible. 

Edited by TheForearmShiver
  • Haha 1

Yeah this is purely the kind of reporting you get from RapSheet. He takes a sort of obv situation and then finds some quote or talking point to distort and packages it as some sort of scoop. If you actually see the whole quote from Doug Marrone this week he basically backs up Gardener the whole time and after getting prodded enough admits there is a 'chance' that they'd have to look at another qb option if things go seriously sideways...not a big news flash given the team and his struggles lately. This team knows that Glennon is no upgrade on Gardner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, drunkb said:

I actually will be keeping a close eye on this for dynasty today. I will need to pounce if a switch is made,

just be sure you pick up Jake Luton, not Josh...🥴

• Haha 1

been solid for 19 points in 2 QB leagues, sucks if he gets benched even though he's been horrible in real life.