cashvillesent

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Mock drafts have Justin Herbert going to Jacksonville.

I'll believe it when I see it. They seem to be in prime position for Trevor Lawrence next draft

48 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Mock drafts have Justin Herbert going to Jacksonville.

Anything's possible, although if they do trade Ngaukoue that defense is butt ugly.  Even if they keep him they have major issues.  Myles Jack and Josh Allen are basically the only guys keeping the lights on.

• Haha 1

A clear winner from the draft. Added Laviska to WR corps and no real QB for competition. It's his show.

tenor.gif

When you own Minshew and you haven't much else to cheer about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

A clear winner from the draft. Added Laviska to WR corps and no real QB for competition. It's his show.

So far so good for Uncle Rico 

cam and dalton still out there

33 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

So far so good for Uncle Rico 

cam and dalton still out there

Maybe Leonard Fournette gets exactly who he openly and publically campaigned for to come in and play QB (Cam Newton) for the Jaguars.

Do the jags even have a backup QB now?

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Do the jags even have a backup QB now?

Joshua Dobbs, a guy who is lifetime 6 completions for 43 yards and an interception.

SingleGoodAlaskanhusky-size_restricted.g

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Joshua Dobbs, a guy who is lifetime 6 completions for 43 yards and an interception.

SingleGoodAlaskanhusky-size_restricted.g

Further evidence they probably add a veteran QB

4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

i like dobbs. 

steelers traded him to the jaguars just before ben got hurt for a 5th round pick. what a waste. if the steelers would've kept dobbs, he would've done far better than the mason rudolph / devlin hodges dungpile. 

that said, i like dobbs as a backup: capable if need be, quick legs, but not a guy who will put pressure on minshew. minshew looked great for a rookie until foles got healthy, and then with his job on the line minshew choked (his 2nd worst game of the season, 2 INTs no TDs, against a porous defense). 

quite a year for a rookie no one believed in (or heard of) in august. i'm a believer and i expect minshew to grow as a sophomore. he's fun to watch.  

RequiredBigCommabutterfly-size_restricte 

6 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

love the shenault addition. great player. i'm not so much a dede fan, but i'm big on chark and conley. i hope conley sticks around. 

and the improvements on defense will only help minshew. defense was a mess last season.

• Like 1

Now that Dalton signed with Dallas, Cam Newton appears to be the only free agent QB that worries me as far signing and coming in and taking Minshews starting gig. Right? Is there anyone else ? Buckle up and let's see what Uncle Rico can do! 

I am targeting him in my upcoming draft.  

No matter what happens to my team. I will still be secretly amused.

• Like 1

It's the Minshew show in Jacksonville this year. They'll let him get the full 16 games and trade him with other pieces to move up and get Lawrence. They won't be any good because their defense is trash, but I do expect Minshew to be a low-end QB1 most weeks.

2 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

It's the Minshew show in Jacksonville this year. They'll let him get the full 16 games and trade him with other pieces to move up and get Lawrence. They won't be any good because their defense is trash, but I do expect Minshew to be a low-end QB1 most weeks.

As someone who watches every Jags game (😅) he has very deceptive acceleration.  You should get 3 or 4 free points each week from scrambles and the like. 

Extremely budget-friendly low end QB1 due to his legs...but at risk of benching unless he's going to get this whole year to himself. 

15 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Extremely budget-friendly low end QB1 due to his legs...but at risk of benching unless he's going to get this whole year to himself. 

The risk of benching is fairly minimal - I do like Luton as a prospect, but his inability to make plays outside of structure is not going to work behind that O-line.

• Like 1

Here is a tale of two QB's. Here's how they are currently being ranked by "fantasy experts":
image.png.6e3a5db732b9f68f3ebd044813187603.png

QB 1 is listed as the #7 QB by 7 of the 10 experts. 
QB 2 is listed somewhere in the #21--#29 range by 9 of the 10 experts.

Here's how QB 1 and QB 2 actually performed in 2019, with their weekly finishes amongst QB listed (format of all TD's being worth 6 points).
As you can see below, QB 1 was slightly better on a weekly basis than QB 2, with an average weekly finish of 13.73 compared to 14.86.
image.png.11a791319961c14df12a7ccb69375c8e.png

QB 1 is Josh Allen.
QB 2 is Gardner Minshew.

Now obviously, more goes into 2020 fantasy rankings than just the stats from 2019. It's a new season. Allen now has Diggs added to his receiving core and that's of a big move for the Bills. As for Minshew, well, we still don't know for certain if he'll open the season as the starter...or if he'll keep the job should he falter. But with that said, IMO either Allen is being ranked way too high for 2020...or Minshew is being ranked way too low...or both.

• Like 8

Allen is ranked way too high for next season. You're basically drafting him for his fully realized upside. Give me Minshew all day.

• Like 2

You could probably do worse than pairing up Minshew and Daniel Jones for virtually no draft capital and seeing who emerges/play the matchups with both.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
Just now, Br0kenB said:

Allen is ranked way too high for next season. You're basically drafting him for his fully realized upside. Give me Minshew all day.

Allen is obviously going to be worse in a 6 point/passing td format.

Edited by Evincar

3 hours ago, goke said:

Minshew will surprise folks

Because thighs and biceps are what a QB needs to succeed... Minshew looks ripped, but he has to show that he can handle the position consistently from the mental side of things.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Because thighs and biceps are what a QB needs to succeed... Minshew looks ripped, but he has to show that he can handle the position consistently from the mental side of things.

0f9a378014_brady_02262008.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goke said:

Minshew will surprise folks

1 hour ago, devaster said:

19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

"will surprise folks"???  the fun-loving 6th-rounder from 2019 has gained 25 pounds of muscle!

5d8bbb2a2e22af41a423237c?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

egads!  he looks ready to fight!

GM2020.jpg.5f15c05ef752e0fe579cf8698864aed7.jpg

26 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

"will surprise folks"???  the fun-loving 6th-rounder from 2019 has gained 25 pounds of muscle!

tumblr_nj4jk7HRNn1s2wio8o2_500.gif

f3f81f1f.gif?crop=0.71,0.95,x0.19,y0.02,

• Haha 2

I think he is going to be a legit QB1 this year like Allen was last year.