cashvillesent

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

I think he is going to be a legit QB1 this year like Allen was last year.

Low-end QB1 is in his realm of outcomes as long as he's active and starts all year. The 20-40 rushing yards baseline already gives him a passing TD built in. And if he throws for say, 24-26 TDs and keeps the turnovers down, he can add a few rushing scores and be a QB1...

He's one of the guys worth waiting on this year. I agree with the poster above that Daniel Jones and Minshew would be a Minshew safe / Jones upside combo. 

Also- vs Colts at home in JAX week 1. I know the Colts D is probably improved, but I'm sure they can be moved on. Potential for a 46-48 over/under. 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1

I love his weapons and I've been watching a lot of game tape on him (what's available, that is.) I really am beginning to believe in the talent. He is pretty good with turnovers but fumbled need work. The weapons he has around him seem very underrated to me. And I love the division he plays in. 

In Dynasty I don't see Minshew getting replaced next year. He led the Jags to a 6-6 record under center, I don't think they're going to be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

Teams I predict will be worse: Jets, Chargers, Lions, Bears, Giants

3 hours ago, pushaZ said:

In Dynasty I don't see Minshew getting replaced next year. He led the Jags to a 6-6 record under center, I don't think they're going to be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

Hail to the Redskins!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Redskins, Giants, and Bears are the only 3 I could see being worse. This will be Marrone's final season. Jags are by far and away the worst team in their division.

Minshew will hold down the job this season, but in 2021 he will lose it to Trevor Lawrence. 

4 hours ago, Evincar said:

Redskins, Giants, and Bears are the only 3 I could see being worse. This will be Marrone's final season. Jags are by far and away the worst team in their division.

Gruden will be interim HC at some point in the season.

You guys should just admit that the only reason why there is talks about him being benched or Jaguars draft another QB next year is because he was drafted in the sixth round.

Kid had almost the same numbers as Murray, stop judge people by their round

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarielJr said:

You guys should just admit that the only reason why there is talks about him being benched or Jaguars draft another QB next year is because he was drafted in the sixth round.

i like murray. and now with nuk on the cardinals, i like him more. but interesting comparison of the rookies and a great point in the roundist views of some RW posters.

and while the numbers aren't truly the same, there are some noteworthy stats, especially regarding 64 less attempts for minshew yet surpassing murray's TDs by 1. also, murray having double the interceptions of minshew is striking. looking forward to seeing both sophomores level up.

Kyler Murray

3722 yards

349/542 completions/attempts

20 TDs

12 INTs

93 rushing attempts, 544 yards

based on last season, looks like the jaguars stole minshew. now it's time for their first round pick (josh allen) to pay off.

Gardner Minshew

3271 yards

285/470

21 TDs

6 INTs

67 attempts, 344 yards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MarielJr said:

Right. That’s because Murray was drafted first for a reason. He has an absolutely incredible arm and is one of the quickest and fastest QBs in the NFL.

It’s not saying that Minshew can’t succeed because he was a late round pick. It’s just obvious that Murray has a way higher ceiling and better outlook. 

32 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Right. That’s because Murray was drafted first for a reason. He has an absolutely incredible arm and is one of the quickest and fastest QBs in the NFL.

It’s not saying that Minshew can’t succeed because he was a late round pick. It’s just obvious that Murray has a way higher ceiling and better outlook. 

Minshew’s Time to Throw is basically on par with Mahomes.  Love Murray’s outlook but not on account of the athleticism.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Minshew’s Time to Throw is basically on par with Mahomes.  Love Murray’s outlook but not on account of the athleticism.

I love Murray too, just don't want to pay a premium price for him is all. 

On 6/4/2020 at 10:44 AM, MarielJr said:

Draft capital is important for a QB though. Jags are going to be cleaning house after this season and if Minshew doesnt really show something they'll be looking for a QB in the 2021 draft.

Minshew is fun and he's going to be one of my main late round QB targets, but I doubt he becomes anything more than a solid stopgap starter/journeyman backup like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Anyone still feeling him as a sneaky QB1? Bad defense, passing volume hopefully is good. Not sure if he can sustain drives however, so it's not like it's DeShaun Watson (who will be in a similar situation this year, albeit an elite option.)

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Anyone still feeling him as a sneaky QB1? Bad defense, passing volume hopefully is good. Not sure if he can sustain drives however, so it's not like it's DeShaun Watson (who will be in a similar situation this year, albeit an elite option.)

Why can't he sustain drives?

ya know who this kid reminds me most of?  THIS GUY, THAT'S WHO ...

A Personal Take on the Snake, Ken Stabler

that's right ... kid's a throwback mofo  - HOW CAN YA NOT LOVE THE 'SHEW?

it's borderline unAmerican ... we want some old time hockey - EDDIE SHORE HOCKEY!1!!1!

Jaguars Gardner GIF - Jaguars Gardner Minshew - Discover & Share GIFs

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Why can't he sustain drives?

Because he's Gardner Minshew? lol. We're not talking about a world beater here. He's solid and can be a low-end QB1. But the Jaguars offense is less than inspiring year after year. Coach needs to get canned but he hasn't. 

Posted (edited)

just a reminder that COVID-19 remains a relatively minor respiratory illness in 99% of cases

Jaguars QB Gardner Minshew was removed from the team's COVID-19 list.

The team also took S Andrew Wingard off the list. Minshew is good to go after landing on the COVID-19 list last week. Entering his second year, Minshew is being drafted in the 14th round. He makes for a less-than-terrible QB2 or QB3 in superflex formats. 

Aug 4, 2020, 8:55 AM ET
Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ya know who this kid reminds me most of?  THIS GUY, THAT'S WHO ...

A Personal Take on the Snake, Ken Stabler

that's right ... kid's a throwback mofo  - HOW CAN YA NOT LOVE THE 'SHEW?

it's borderline unAmerican ... we want some old time hockey - EDDIE SHORE HOCKEY!1!!1!

Jaguars Gardner GIF - Jaguars Gardner Minshew - Discover & Share GIFs

I bet Snake Stabler would have been a killer fantasy QB.

Minshew quietly had the 3rd most rushing yards for a QB last season as a rookie and missing a few games.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I bet Snake Stabler would have been a killer fantasy QB.

Minshew quietly had the 3rd most rushing yards for a QB last season as a rookie and missing a few games.

Best Yes Nod GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 1