cashvillesent

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, meekzy said:

they won but all their roster moves to this point show that they don't think minshew is the future though, which is sad.

Not exactly. 

They got rid of guys who weren't bought in on where this team is at.  Dudes with big egos who felt they were better than the rest of the locker room, and/or who weren't likely to be around much longer anyway.

They're building from the ground up, with player who are all in.  Miami did it similarly starting last year.

I think they really like Minshew.  Maybe love.  7-6 record as starter.  Dude is certainly marketable.  Totally makes sense to give him the team and see what he can do this year.  Maybe they have their franchise QB (and, living in the Jax area, I cannot imagine a more perfect QB for No. Flo.).

Worst case, they're not overly invested in him and look for a QB next year.

Ideally for the Jags, Minshew proves himself a top third starter.

This team is going to be better than you think.  I predicted 5-11 yesterday, but they might get close to .500

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Not exactly. 

They got rid of guys who weren't bought in on where this team is at.  Dudes with big egos who felt they were better than the rest of the locker room, and/or who weren't likely to be around much longer anyway.

They're building from the ground up, with player who are all in.  Miami did it similarly starting last year.

I think they really like Minshew.  Maybe love.  7-6 record as starter.  Dude is certainly marketable.  Totally makes sense to give him the team and see what he can do this year.  Maybe they have their franchise QB (and, living in the Jax area, I cannot imagine a more perfect QB for No. Flo.).

Worst case, they're not overly invested in him and look for a QB next year.

Ideally for the Jags, Minshew proves himself a top third starter.

This team is going to be better than you think.  I predicted 5-11 yesterday, but they might get close to .500

teams dont rebuild when they have a QB they believe is their future, also you dont rebuild when you are a few years out of being in a CCG and still have a solid base to build on. even yannick ngakoue wanted out and would take a huge paycut just to leave. the jaguars have issues and it starts at the top. 

I think minshew is amazing, the jaguars are just a garbage org.

also guys with big egos are on every team, welcome to professional sports ;)

Edited by meekzy

It's clear to anyone with eyes that watched him play last year that he has moxie and big time skills. He's just a little small. But they have a huge piece here for the future and it would be a shame if they ruined it because they went to get Lawrence. Honestly, let Minshew grow with these weapons they have, get a line and someone who can run the ball, and give the kid the keys for a few years. They would be dumb not to. You have 3 years to build around Minshew after 2020 at a palatable salary, let him grow and see what you have. He has the X factor it takes to make it in the NFL. 

Shenault has the makings of an offensive weapon and, at worst, a great number 3 receiver. Chark has put nothing but great play up since he came back from injury. Cole, Westbrook, Eifert are situationally useful tools that are useful in a pinch. You have enough to at least compete most of the time with that when the defense keeps you around. How can you not see?

Edited by Br0kenB
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

It's clear to anyone with eyes that watched him play last year that he has moxie and big time skills. He's just a little small. But they have a huge piece here for the future and it would be a shame if they ruined it because they went to get Lawrence. Honestly, let Minshew grow with these weapons they have, get a line and someone who can run the ball, and give the kid the keys for a few years. They would be dumb not to. You have 3 years to build around Minshew after 2020 at a palatable salary, let him grow and see what you have. He has the X factor it takes to make it in the NFL. 

You have to wonder if the Jags front office just hated seeing them win today. Hurts their chances instantly at Lawrence sweepstakes. However, I love Minshew's story and I think he has a strong desire to continue to prove he's the guy there. He has the swagger and X factor like you said.

• Like 3

Its like I'm watching a real life Varsity Blues and John Moxon... the coaches want Paul Walker... but got damn this Moxon kid has Moxey... Minshew has Moxey...i like the glimpse... now show us the rest

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

You have to wonder if the Jags front office just hated seeing them win today. Hurts their chances instantly at Lawrence sweepstakes. However, I love Minshew's story and I think he has a strong desire to continue to prove he's the guy there. He has the swagger and X factor like you said.

There is no doubt they hated it. They have set this kid up completely to have a hard time. Their defense has just about nobody outside of Myles Jack, Josh Allen and CJ Henderson who all have a lot to prove. It is wild that they wouldn't just see what they had, because if Minshew comes up and is good, then their competitive window opens significantly with a few more pieces on defense and someone dynamic in the backfield. They could conceivably compete in the South next year if he is good. He gave no indication last year that it was fkuly; kid went 6-6 with the same offense they had brought back before cutting Fournette. It sucks but hopefully he gets out of there and ends up in San Francisco with a good staff who can maximize his strengths.

Just now, lolcopter said:

c2ee7ea5844441074c9c01d4d16b1aa68f6b22e9

for a second i thought it was going to say that little boy was himself lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, meekzy said:

teams dont rebuild when they have a QB they believe is their future, also you dont rebuild when you are a few years out of being in a CCG and still have a solid base to build on. even yannick ngakoue wanted out and would take a huge paycut just to leave. the jaguars have issues and it starts at the top. 

I think minshew is amazing, the jaguars are just a garbage org.

also guys with big egos are on every team, welcome to professional sports ;)

No argument there.

But I get what they're doing now, and it's a different direction than they've gone previously. 

Let's see how it plays out

Wentz owner here, very tempted to stream this guy, he has a fantastic schendule upcoming after this Tennessee game. Wentz has a very tough stretch coming up. Long live the stache?

• Like 1

I am tempted to drop either Lock and Jones for him.   I think one of them is going to have to go.   The Stache man is unstoppable.

Edited by Sivaro

On 9/13/2020 at 10:38 PM, Br0kenB said:

There is no doubt they hated it. They have set this kid up completely to have a hard time. Their defense has just about nobody outside of Myles Jack, Josh Allen and CJ Henderson who all have a lot to prove. It is wild that they wouldn't just see what they had, because if Minshew comes up and is good, then their competitive window opens significantly with a few more pieces on defense and someone dynamic in the backfield. They could conceivably compete in the South next year if he is good. He gave no indication last year that it was fkuly; kid went 6-6 with the same offense they had brought back before cutting Fournette. It sucks but hopefully he gets out of there and ends up in San Francisco with a good staff who can maximize his strengths.

I thought the Jags signed Schoebert, a top 5 fantasy LBer from Cleveland and drafted a 1st round LB/DL named Chaisson?

15 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

Wentz owner here, very tempted to stream this guy, he has a fantastic schendule upcoming after this Tennessee game. Wentz has a very tough stretch coming up. Long live the stache?

I have my waiver claim in to pickup Minshew and drop Wentz. Currently have my bid at $12 but it might be overkill because I dont think hes on anyone elses radar right now but dont want to miss out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I have my waiver claim in to pickup Minshew and drop Wentz. Currently have my bid at $12 but it might be overkill because I dont think hes on anyone elses radar right now but dont want to miss out.

Might be doing the same, gotta know your league mates and see if they tend to hoard QBs. Only fear with Titans game is Henry goes wild like last year which means less time on offense but the garbage time should make up for it.

Edited by Foppatosakic

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I thought the Jags signed Schoebert, a top 5 fantasy LBer from Cleveland and drafted a 1st round LB/DL named Chaisson?

Schobert is alright and I forgot they had a second 1st round pick this year. Lots of pieces to like in Jacksonville on both sides of the ball.

Nice start to the year for the young goat. 75% completion%, 6 TD to 2 picks so far, nice matchup against MIA upcoming followed by Cincy next week. Highly debating pulling the plug on Wentz for this guy

8 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

Nice start to the year for the young goat. 75% completion%, 6 TD to 2 picks so far, nice matchup against MIA upcoming followed by Cincy next week. Highly debating pulling the plug on Wentz for this guy

You should have done it last week. Do it now before it's too late

• Like 1

Such a weird evaluation for me. Jags aren't exactly lighting up pace of play, but they have been uncannily efficient. Could be the Jay Gruden effect ala Cousins, but it almost feels like this is gonna bottom out at some point.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? 

Edited by Sizzlebshu

22 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

Seems like a few Wentz owners in here. I'm in the same boat this week. I'm going to use my waiver claim (7th) for him and use him over Wentz despite his good matchup. The reasoning for me his that I don't feel confident in starting Wentz the next 3 weeks against the Niners, Steelers and Ravens, even with the Niners injuries. Minshew's got some tasty matchups coming back in that same stretch.

You guys just go watch the game highlights, Minshew > Wentz and it's not even close. This man should really be rostered in all competitive 12 teamers after waivers clear imo.

• Like 2