Dirty Little Birdie

Pre-Trade Deadline Stashes

Posted (edited)

Figured I'd get the ball rolling here. Anyone have any bright ideas for stashes other than the obvious? I'm talking about guys with relatively low value at the moment that might blow up if/when someone in front of them gets traded OR if they themselves get traded to a team that offers them more playing time. Guys like Nance & company are most likely already rostered. Who are this years hidden treasures? Guys like Christian Wood come to mind for me (in the event of a Drummond trade)

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the Wood Anonymous meeting part two...

Lol

Culver should be rostered already but Teague will prob get traded so heres more insentive...

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 4

In regards to stashing ww guys before the deadline—I’d advise against it. It’s an alluring notion since the right move can grant you gold from nothing at all, but I’ve done the stash and wait for the past few years. It never goes as planned. Might be best to wait until the day and have your trigger finger ready.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

* Thaddeus Young's arrow is pointing up either way.

* Nerlens Noel if Steven Adams gets moved ( but he should already been rostered ).

* Mikal Bridges maybe if the Suns put him in a package exchange for Kevin Love.

* Jakob Poeltl if LaMarcus Aldridge gets moved.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 3

Yea its league dependent...the guys youd stash u scoop when u need a player and hope they produce 50 percent of what they would if they were full time but if your league isnt super competitive you can prob wait on it...

Oh, Ante Zizic if / when both Kevin Love and Tristian Thompson are gone. He has a good fantasy profile.

• Like 1

Kevin Porter JR

Simons 

Lonnie Walker 

Coby White

Monte Morris

Malik Beasley

Michael Porter JR 

Melton

• Like 1

I consider Bogdan a stash because I'm not sure he'll be super useful if he is stuck in his 6th man role on the Kings. 

34 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

* Nerlens Noel if Steven Adams gets moved ( but he should already been rostered ).

This is exactly the case for me.  I am rostering Noel now (in an attempt to replace Issac as much as I can with steals/blocks/rebounds), and also with the hope Adams gets moved.  Because we know what Noel can do with starter minutes and a coach who believes in him.  He is already fantasy relevant and useful now in limited minutes.

The likeliness of Adams getting moved however is lessening each day as they play well and stay in the playoff hunt. 

Different franchises, but the only solace I take in still partly believing in an Adams trade is that the Clippers were in this situation last year and still traded Tobias because it was better for the franchise going forward to take that deal.  If the Thunder get a good offer, I would hope they take it.

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

This is exactly the case for me.  I am rostering Noel now (in an attempt to replace Issac as much as I can with steals/blocks/rebounds), and also with the hope Adams gets moved.  Because we know what Noel can do with starter minutes and a coach who believes in him.  He is already fantasy relevant and useful now in limited minutes.

The likeliness of Adams getting moved however is lessening each day as they play well and stay in the playoff hunt. 

Different franchises, but the only solace I take in still partly believing in an Adams trade is that the Clippers were in this situation last year and still traded Tobias because it was better for the franchise going forward to take that deal.  If the Thunder get a good offer, I would hope they take it.

Clippers are a big market and can attract top free agents, OKC cant hence why they value drafting and developing. However, Adams is on a big contract and while still young if someone offers a bunch of picks I cant see them turning it down even with how well Adams has played and OKC in a playoff spot

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Clippers are a big market and can attract top free agents, OKC cant hence why they value drafting and developing. However, Adams is on a big contract and while still young if someone offers a bunch of picks I cant see them turning it down even with how well Adams has played and OKC in a playoff spot

Usually the Clips don’t attract top free agents despite being in a bigger market being they were a joke franchise for so long and the stigma of being second fiddle to the Lakers. Kawhi was a unique circumstance. They almost always swung and missed in their history. Elton Brand was the only one they didn’t miss besides Kawhi off memory. (Edit - Brand was from a trade so I can’t recall anyone they didn’t draft or trade for besides Kawhi)

But I get what you are saying regarding OKC or other small market teams trouble attracting top free agents. I get why they would want to keep their own developed players. But yeah, that was what I was saying in that if they get a good offer like a bunch of picks, it would be wise to take it regardless of how well they developed Adams or how they are playing right now. Cash in while you still can and stockpile as many picks as you can in pursuit of a superstar.

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
Edit - Brand being traded for not signed

Rajon Rondo anyone? In points leagues he can be very restorable if given a sufficient amount of playing time. A Rose/Rondo & company swap could land Rondo in a favorable situation in DET. 

all year I fantasise about the day I scoop up Nance or Noel after Love/Adams get traded and they boost my season. I liken Noel to Mitch Rob last year - albeit was more of coming good rather then a trade but picked him up JUST before he started blooming and he took me to a championship. Although im not super confident on either of these adds coming to fruition (thunder doing well & surely cavs get back someone or prioritise KPJ development etc) but one can only hope

Noel isn’t a stash IMO.  He should be owned regardless as he carries plenty of value.  

Nance and Wood are the only two that stick out.

Nurkic and Porter should occupy any vacant IL spots.

Keep a close eye on the Mavs. With Powell out for the season, this could mean they're gonna test the trade market for bigs quite soon. Maybe Drummond, Adams, or even Poeltl?

i could see conley getting moved considering they went 10-1 while he was injured

before isaac went down i had gordon pegged as a trade target but now they probably need him to stay

basically any player who is under performing on their current team is a trade target imo

13 hours ago, m1dday said:

Keep a close eye on the Mavs. With Powell out for the season, this could mean they're gonna test the trade market for bigs quite soon. Maybe Drummond, Adams, or even Poeltl?

I don't think Poeltl is likely. He doesn't move the needle for them.

18 minutes ago, beeray said:

i could see conley getting moved considering they went 10-1 while he was injured

before isaac went down i had gordon pegged as a trade target but now they probably need him to stay

basically any player who is under performing on their current team is a trade target imo

There was like 3 impressive wins tho, you gotta look at that schedule first. They had to grab him from his beloved Memphis cause they believe he can put them over the hump. They’re also currently in the mix for home court advantage and i see they’ll do everything to fit conley in instead of panick moving him. 

1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:

There was like 3 impressive wins tho, you gotta look at that schedule first. They had to grab him from his beloved Memphis cause they believe he can put them over the hump. They’re also currently in the mix for home court advantage and i see they’ll do everything to fit conley in instead of panick moving him. 

They just need it to work by the time actual playoffs starts, all that matters for the Jazz anyways . I'm sorry but this team without Conley, will not go deep into the post season. Regular season wins are great and all , but playoff basketball is different . 

Everyone needs to chill with the Noel isn't a stash thing. He sure is. I currently would not own him right now even with the D numbers. I understand some leagues are deep enough for a guy like that to matter, but he is also averaging 8 points and 5 boards on 18.5 mins on the season. I know that is not what people are rostering him for.. but at 14% owned in ESPN, he is surely a stash. Here is to hoping Adams kicks rocks. 

• Like 2