Dirty Little Birdie

Pre-Trade Deadline Stashes

On 1/29/2020 at 5:40 PM, m1dday said:

I like Kevin Porter Jr. on here. He can still benefit even if no trades happen, but if the Cavs do make a move, he'll be looking at lots of minutes and a potential ASB breakout.

I scooped him up yesterday. I Love his upside and ros outlook. Looks even better if TT or Love get moved.

Dieng.   

This trade  is not going to happen but it would be sweet if it does.

Capela to Hawks,  Dieng and Covington to Rockets,   Turner, Green, Hartenstein +   2 Hawks firsts (2020 and 2022)  to Wolves

then Wolves can flip Wigging and picks for Russell

trade works in ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vw68z87

20 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Dieng.   

Capela to Hawks,  Dieng and Covington to Rockets,   Turner, Green, Hartenstein +   2 Hawks firsts (2020 and 2022)  to Wolves

trade works in ESPN

...and who would be taking on Wiggins, with that contract of his? 

13 minutes ago, 80version said:

...and who would be taking on Wiggins, with that contract of his? 

Warriors.

Why would they turn down Wiggins  + Hartenstein +  Hawks 2020 1st for Russell?

Wiggins and Russell have basically  identical contracts.   Curry will be PG, Klay SG.  What position would Russell play? 

Edited by Gile Pile
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Warriors.

Wiggins and Russell have basically  identical contracts.   Curry will be PG, Klay SG.  What position would Russell play? 

There is zero chance the warriors trade for Wiggins.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

3 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

There is zero chance the warriors trade for Wiggins. ZERO

Whoa...whoa...whoa...whoa!!!  How dare you say there is a zero percent chance they would trade for Wiggins when, if possible, there would be a negative percent chance they would trade for him.  The ESPN Trade Machine just gives people a chance to build whatever fantasy trade they want instead of logically thinking out a deal...smh!

Not surprised a Lakers fan would make a post about a rival (and superior) team taking on a terrible contract.

Edited by jmoney23

2 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Agree wholeheartedly. Warriors would probably rather keep Russell and try to make it work than trade for a player like Wiggins

14 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Warriors.

If there's any roster that can make a three guard lineup work, it's the Dubs. 

As much as I'd be interested to see if Wiggins can thrive and be reformed under GS I don't see them doing this move at all.

4 minutes ago, m1dday said:

If there's any roster that can make a three guard lineup work, it's the Dubs. 

As much as I'd be interested to see if Wiggins can thrive and be reformed under GS I don't see them doing this move at all.

I think the workability of the 3 guard lineup is kind of overblown anyway. If they were at full strength they can stagger Curry and Russell so they don't have to share the floor as much. If you stagger perfectly and they play 32 minutes each, that means they would share the floor for 16 mintues total. That is of course only a third of the game. And depending on who the Warriors can acquire between now and the start of next season, you could try to minimize Klay's floor time during that overlap to have a bigger defender at the 3.

I kind of hope they keep Russell just to see how it all works out when the team is fully healthy again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

First, I am not Lakers fan (go Raptors), 2nd -  I know it is not going to  happen  (see above)

3rd - if you were GSW, would you reject Hawks   2020 first (let's say top10 protected)?  Curry, Green and Klay are not getting younger.    Is Russell that much better than Wiggins (as a player and team fit)?

4 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

First, I am not Lakers fan (go Raptors), 2nd -  I know it is not going to  happen  (see above)

3rd - if you were GSW, would you reject Hawks   2020 first (let's say top10 protected)?  Curry, Green and Klay are not getting younger.    Is Russell that much better than Wiggins (as a player and team fit)?

It would be hard to conjure up a set of protections that would be appealing to both sides in this trade.

If you protect it too heavily the Warriors could end up waiting years and/or get only some 2nd round picks out of the deal.

If the protections are too light the Hawks will no-sir the idea because they are pretty terrible and could be so for another couple years

15 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I dont think you understand that Wiggins has one of the worst trade values in the NBA. 

To trade Wiggins you would probably have to attach a first round pick guaranteed in the top 7.  And thats Wiggins and a top 7 pick for some salary filler like Allan Crabbe. Not an all star with positive trade value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Warriors.

😂

1 hour ago, markdash said:

I think the workability of the 3 guard lineup is kind of overblown anyway. If they were at full strength they can stagger Curry and Russell so they don't have to share the floor as much. If you stagger perfectly and they play 32 minutes each, that means they would share the floor for 16 mintues total. That is of course only a third of the game. And depending on who the Warriors can acquire between now and the start of next season, you could try to minimize Klay's floor time during that overlap to have a bigger defender at the 3.

I kind of hope they keep Russell just to see how it all works out when the team is fully healthy again...

OKC says hello , they work the 3 guard lineup to perfection . And none of those guys are shooters really , I would imagine Golden State could pull it off as well . I think it really comes down to defense , if your players are plus defenders , it's workable. But Klay is the only good defender for the Warriors, where as the Thunder all their guards play D .  

1 hour ago, t0087669 said:

Is Dieng a good stash? Starter minutes if traded to the warriors?

Better than whole warriors front court atm.. I am hoping Dieng gets traded and will be must add anywhere else.

17 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Dieng.   

trade works in ESPN

Where is the smoke...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2874642-report-t-wolves-attempted-trade-with-rockets-hawks-to-facilitate-russell-deal.amp.html

15 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

There was a mock 4 way trade that is similar to this on Dunked On podcast.  2 first for Covington tho... his salary is just soooo good for an above average 3 and D player.

22 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

22 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

Whoa...whoa...whoa...whoa!!!  How dare you say there is a zero percent chance they would trade for Wiggins when, if possible, there would be a negative percent chance they would trade for him.  The ESPN Trade Machine just gives people a chance to build whatever fantasy trade they want instead of logically thinking out a deal...smh!

Not surprised a Lakers fan would make a post about a rival (and superior) team taking on a terrible contract.

22 hours ago, markdash said:

Agree wholeheartedly. Warriors would probably rather keep Russell and try to make it work than trade for a player like Wiggins

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28634277/sources-timberwolves-talks-multiteam-deal-land-dangelo-russell

Any comments boys and girls?

35 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I'm not even sure who the Rockets get back to make the salaries match - is Looney going to be their big? Unless they also send out Dieng too. Otherwise, as above, I'm definitely interested in seeing Wiggins on the Warriors - imagine if Dubs successfully reform him and he gets Finals MVP next year lmaoo

14 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

who would be good, credible source?  Is  Wojarnowski  credible?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28634277/timberwolves-talks-multi-team-deal-land-dangelo-russell

Yes obviously...the article says Wiggins would have to be in any deal though, not that the Warriors want Wiggins in a deal where they are trading Russell.  I don't think they want to commit 3 years and 90+ million when they are trying to get out of the luxury tax (or at least limit it).  I guess stranger things have happened...