ajs723

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

which was it the 3 carries or the 3 catches? It’s Monty’s backfield. 

Now thats what i call a rbbc

Monty is the epitome of the end of the line in fantasy. He's when you say to yourself, "Look. OK. I admit it. I'm not going to win anything this year.  But I'd like to not face last place punishment and I'd like a shot for a humiliating 1st round exit in the playoffs." If you need 3 yards, Monty will give you 3. If you need 5 yards, Monty will give you 3. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

sarcasm or no logic? Which is it ?

Thought it was obv, mont is playing like 85 percent of snaps. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Monty is the epitome of the end of the line in fantasy. He's when you say to yourself, "Look. OK. I admit it. I'm not going to win anything this year.  But I'd like to not face last place punishment and I'd like a shot for a humiliating 1st round exit in the playoffs." If you need 3 yards, Monty will give you 3. If you need 5 yards, Monty will give you 3. 

Since when is a top 20 RB “the end of the line” in fantasy how dramatic lol this guy was drafted in the 6th-10th rd.

Edited by cheezor42
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

I bet you've got some RBs who don't outscore him this week, and on the year.

Weird, empty analysis.

• Like 2

A game that illustrates why PPR isn't all its cracked up to be.

• Like 1

Jag of the year.  I think he makes hard cuts so it looks like he might be talented but he’s too slow so he never really gets anywhere.  

10 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

A game that illustrates the versatility of DMont. 

Just now, Rickydragon said:

Jag of the year.  I think he makes hard cuts so it looks like he might be talented but he’s too slow so he never really gets anywhere.  

He never really gets anywhere because NOTHING is blocked. 

• Like 3

I’m more of a fan of his in real life football as opposed to fantasy. He runs tough and fights for yards. 

Posted (edited)

TD saves the day but otherwise poor showing.

Edited by ponchsox

TB was giving up 2.7 YPC before tonight. Monty have you 2.9. If you thought he would give you a big game tonight, big oof. Be happy that Foles has targeted him significantly more than Trubisky in a short sample so far. A few of those into-triple-coverage throws Mitch used to make every game seem to be getting dumped down to Monty instead. Take the extra receptions. A few will break big. Bears don't face another run D this stout the rest of the year. If he gets a few more chances near the goal line, his value skyrockets.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

TB was giving up 2.7 YPC before tonight. Monty have you 2.9. If you thought he would give you a big game tonight, big oof. Be happy that Foles has targeted him significantly more than Trubisky in a short sample so far. A few of those into-triple-coverage throws Mitch used to make every game seem to be getting dumped down to Monty instead. Take the extra receptions. A few will break big. Bears don't face another run D this stout the rest of the year. If he gets a few more chances near the goal line, his value skyrockets.

I legitimately think he's a buy low. Their schedule after the break is fantastic. He seems like such a rock solid and less twitch-cut type player that he's more likely to stay healthy. Honestly, I almost wish he didn't score tonight so i could buy lower.

56 minutes ago, aapox said:

I legitimately think he's a buy low. Their schedule after the break is fantastic. He seems like such a rock solid and less twitch-cut type player that he's more likely to stay healthy. Honestly, I almost wish he didn't score tonight so i could buy lower.

Haha, same. Honestly the 7 receptions probably drove his value up higher than the score.

Bears will certainly play more high scoring games than the last couple, with Foles passing to Monty a good amount, and if they're good enough to build some second half leads, Montgomery will have some workhorse type performances.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure how people can complain honestly. Averaged more ypc than Kamara and Murray against TB. This is arguably the best run defense since last year and got the points needed.

Foles loves to check down and is looking for Monty and Monty is the clear goal line back. As the offense hopefully continues to gel he still holds solid RB2 numbers ROS.

Edited by Foppatosakic
  • Like 1

Didn’t have the guts to start him on TNF but was encouraged by use in passing game and overall production vs a good run defense. Gives me more confidence to roll with him moving forward with an easier schedule.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hero202 said:

Those check downs are throw aways or throws with less percentage of success/  possible TOs if you have a back that is an inept receiver. 

7 rec at 4.28 y/r keeps drives alive. 

9 hours ago, MKO3090 said:

Umm, what?

you do realize he was falling to the 6th round after he had his preseason injury, go back a few pages in this thread and see how many had him as DND, and now he’s an every down back averaging 10 points a game in standard. So I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make here.

My only regret is not grabbing more shares of him

He's got good feet and good hands and he'll be OK for fantasy purposes because the Bears have no one else to give the ball. He's just not a starting NFL RB caliber athlete IMO. This will probably be his last year as "the guy" in Chicago. They will draft and or sign somebody. From a real football perspective he is Ideally your backup RB in the mold of a Jamal Williams, not the RB you want to build around IMO.

• Like 1

He'll be ok. There's to many negative people in here lol. I had him last year too. If you drafted him to be your starter then that's on you. It's harder to get the perfect RB when you neglect the position for like the first 4-5 rounds. He's doing just fine imo. He's getting touches in the run game, passing game and RZ touches. That's super clutch. Foles seems to be trusting him more and more. They're designing nice pass plays to him too (See last drive). He just also got past a brutal piece of the schedule. It'll be ok

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JDE said:

Umm, what?

Look. I can appreciate a working class RB as well as anyone else. It's why I have him. Is he explosive? f--- no. Is he quick? Are you kidding me. Can he break tackles? Folds like the cheap suit your mom bought you for the middle school dance. But he'll carry on, putting a good day work at the line. Sunrise to sundown, day in to day out, putting his time in on the line.

Here in Club Monty, we get what he is. A JAG who find himself in the enviable position of workhorse in the most unimpressive 4-1 offense you've ever seen. And we love him for it. 

Edited by MKO3090
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Look. I can appreciate a working class RB as well as anyone else. It's why I have him. Is he explosive? f--- no. Is he quick? Are you kidding me. Can he break tackles? Folds like the cheap suit your mom bought you for the middle school dance. But he'll carry on, putting a good day work at the line. Sunrise to sundown, day in to day out, putting his time in on the line.

Here in Club Monty, we get what he is. A JAG who find himself in the enviable position of workhorse in the most unimpressive 4-1 offense you've ever seen. And we love him for it. 

mate you trying to get a job writing the weekly player blurbs on ESPN for Berry or something? Yeesh