ajs723

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

I'm starting Montgomery due to byes.  I wouldn't say I'm starting him with confidence but I'm confident he'll have a high floor.  He's basically guaranteed to get 60-70ish scrimmage yards with a handful of catches.  I'm never excited to start him but the high floor is nice to have.

We really just need the Bears to get near the goal line so Montgomery has chances for short TDs.

Should be a smash spot given his usage and Carolina's defense. Monty has a fair probability for a top 10 RB outcome this week.

Edited by LongBalls

23 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

I don't think Montgomery will have too many "blow up games," but he has a really nice floor.  

Even against a terrible Panthers' run defense, Nagy will look for any excuse to abandon the run early.  As such, I am skeptical of a 20+ carry 100+ rushing yard kind of week.  

My forecast:  

14 Carries - 56 yards 

5 Receptions - 24 yards 

1 TD

16.5 Fantasy Points in .5 PPR  

i‘d take that easily! Lets go

Expecting big things tomorrow against that D...big things.

14 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Just traded for this guy. Is he any good? I might have made a poopsie.

Nationally there seems to be a 50/50 split on whether he is good or not. I will say most Bears fans lean on the side of good. Problem is/always has been bad OL and playcalling. No one can argue volume however, and that makes him a minimum RB2 any week.

5 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Just traded for this guy. Is he any good? I might have made a poopsie.

I believe in him. I'd say most are not

My friend said he looks like a plotter. I haven’t watched him this year but I know he’s the three down back so I will take the chance on that. 

8 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

My friend said he looks like a plotter. I haven’t watched him this year but I know he’s the three down back so I will take the chance on that. 

More canon than hewlett packard.

• Haha 1

He is who he is. A volume based RB2 regardless of good or bad matchup. This was a smash spot and he did what he typically does. Was stopped 1/3 of a yard short of a TD today before Foles snuck it in. As previously mentioned, it's a combination of Nagy, bad OL and Montgomery himself.

• Like 1

No one is doing what they are supposed to do

4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

What to make of this guy?

Decent, not great. The called-back TD followed by the Foles vulture hurt.

I recently acquired this guy and he sure is boring to own. The volume does make him worthwhile though. 

2 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He's the epitome of an RB2

Epitome of high floor, low ceiling RB.

• Like 1

Really safe floor.  Montgomery had 19 carries and 4 receptions. Inches short of a TD (that was overturned).  

This is a three-down back with goal line duties.  How many other RBs can we say this for?  Montgomery is a proper RB2 because of this volume.  However, some combination of play-calling, blocking, and talent does limit upside beyond that.  

He's not sexy, but Montgomery is returning great value for where he was drafted.  

Edited by Rainyy

Good enough today. Not great. 

Those 2 goal line stuffs just inches away from a TD turn this into a great game.

15 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

Good enough today. Not great. 

Those 2 goal line stuffs just inches away from a TD turn this into a great game.

Exactly. That Foles sneak was completely obvious and so frustrating. But he was inches from a really good game.

I think he's exactly what everyone else says, safe floor, but I really only see better things coming for him. I'm happy with him as the RB2 in my lineup, now that CEH is probably more of a flex for me with Bell looming. 

24 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

Exactly. That Foles sneak was completely obvious and so frustrating. But he was inches from a really good game.

I think he's exactly what everyone else says, safe floor, but I really only see better things coming for him. I'm happy with him as the RB2 in my lineup, now that CEH is probably more of a flex for me with Bell looming. 

Who is your RB1? 

6 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Who is your RB1? 

Jacobs. I feel like I'm on the "so much potential" train this year, but no one has really broken out. 

I feel like Montgomery is similar to him and same potential, but Carr is better. At least Monty came, for me (and I'm sure many others), at a much lower price tag in the draft. 

His volume is going to be there and I can't imagine he doesn't hit the end zone soon. But it's been the same thing for weeks. The schedule only gets better down the stretch but yesterday probably should have been the day. 

The Bears need to start making teams respect their QB. Once that happens it will hopefully open up more.

Edited by tschwicht