ajs723

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

There's just nothing you can do about it. Yards per carry be darned he's a pretty locked in mid range RB2. He's one of the safer ones too.

He gets me double digits almost every week in PPR. I’m cool with it. I don’t expect 20+ ever. Just gotta understand what he is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

This is a bummer.

At this point it kind of just feels meh. I have no opinion on him as a player one way or the other at this point. I don't have a ton of shares. After last year I wasn't diving all the way in again.

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

He gets me double digits almost every week in PPR. I’m cool with it. I don’t expect 20+ ever. Just gotta understand what he is. 

Yeah he's fine. I'm one of those that was really into him coming out of college and it all feels a little disappointing still. He's a perfectly fine fantasy start though.

As I've previously said, RB2 numbers no matter the matchup just because of volume. If you're expecting anything more, you're going to be disappointed.

• Like 1

Just now, thefranchise3 said:

As I've previously said, RB2 numbers no matter the matchup just because of volume. If you're expecting anything more, you're going to be disappointed.

I would be shocked if there is anyone expecting any more lol

10 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

Rotoworld: "he's a terrible athlete at the position" ....  ouch. But kind of agree haha

so hard to tell with this team and playcalling tho

11.9 tonight without a TD.  Got vultured by Eddie Jackson too.  Safe floor.

He is not a special talent. Doesn't have high end speed. However he's been in an impossible situation 2 straight years, he breaks as many tackles as any rb in the league and he's a very good receiver. 

He's not going to create on his own with a soft, garbage line so his ceiling is capped. Frustrating situation. 

Edited by SundayGravy

I am good with him..... I see 10 (+/-) as the floor with TD possibility every week. His D keeps them in games and he gets the grunt of the work so game script is usually never an issue. After this year I would like not draft him as I am sure the Bears add talent to this position. 

9 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

Rotoworld: "he's a terrible athlete at the position" ....  ouch. But kind of agree haha

heheheheh-he-sucks.jpg

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

I'd look like a terrible athlete too if every run was the most basic dive play known to man. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

heheheheh-he-sucks.jpg

3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

I'd look like a terrible athlete too if every run was the most basic dive play known to man. 

Player News:

"Montgomery continues to see RB1 usage on an elite snap rate, but the dude has the movement skills of a busted refrigerator and can't make defenders miss or break tackles. Relatively speaking, he's a terrible athlete at the position

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

11.9 tonight without a TD.  Got vultured by Eddie Jackson too.  Safe floor.

The Eddie Jackson vulturing was a wild ride - my Robert Woods fumbled, could have put my David Montgomery in position for a score but got vultured by MY Eddie Jackson who I have as well (it's IDP lol!)!!!  Gave me the win.

Anyway back to the topic, agreed that Montportunity is pretty meh now, but I'll take approx 10 points weekly from him at least

How much is he paying the people at ESPN to be projected for almost 15 points this week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Fabrini said:

Player News:

"Montgomery continues to see RB1 usage on an elite snap rate, but the dude has the movement skills of a busted refrigerator and can't make defenders miss or break tackles. Relatively speaking, he's a terrible athlete at the position

anyone else find it ironic when fantasy football writers make fun of an NFL players athleticism?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He has put decent flex/RB2 numbers all year without injury. No bust games thus far. Definitely got value for him where he was drafted. 

Also his schedule gets much easier starting next week (9), I expect his number will increase overall for second half/playoffs. 

Edited by afro insomniac

This guy is terrible but apparently the Bears think he's the next Kamara so whatever. Ride it out. 

I'll say this... Put Montgomery on Pittsburgh and he is no different than Conner. Might even be a better receiver. 

Nagy and Pace tried to build a finesse, pass blocking line. Unfortunately they can't even do that well. 

Worst OL in the league. Won’t improve this year. Range of 10-15 points per game. Lock to finish as an RB2.

You can close the thread now. 

• Like 2