ajs723

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Mr_Baller said:

Out. Who‘s the play? 

definitely ryan nall in ppr...but they called up lamar miller who might take the early down work which muddles the situation. nall did look good catching the ball last game. you'd think the game script would force chicago to throw more, making nall look like a pretty decent play at flex imo. but outside last game, i dont know much about nall.

7 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

definitely ryan nall in ppr...but they called up lamar miller who might take the early down work which muddles the situation. nall did look good catching the ball last game. you'd think the game script would force chicago to throw more, making nall look like a pretty decent play at flex imo. but outside last game, i dont know much about nall.

Nall never looks bad whenever he gets the ball but for some reason has always been the backup to Cordarelle in the running game. Cordarelle is still pretty good and shows nice burst in his own right. IMO - Patterson is probably the right pick because he can still get some receiving work. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, A27K said:

Nall never looks bad whenever he gets the ball but for some reason has always been the backup to Cordarelle in the running game. Cordarelle is still pretty good and shows nice burst in his own right. IMO - Patterson is probably the right pick because he can still get some receiving work. 

The issue with Patterson though will be his position eligibility.  He's a WR in Yahoo.

After last night's game, I'd think Montgomery's job is safe once he comes back from the concussion.

[...] 

How does QB injury impact Monty? Do yall think new play caller will turn this into more of an RBBC?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

18 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

[...]

How does QB injury impact Monty? Do yall think new play caller will turn this into more of an RBBC?

I highly doubt it.  Nall and Lamar Miller were barely used last night despite plenty of opportunity.  

20 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

[...] 

I don't think so and based off the lackluster play from everyone filling in for him last night Monty will most likely still be the lead RB when healthy.

Anyone think Montgomery is borderline droppable?

He gets so much usage but has never done anything productive with it over the course of his young career.

He has three great match-ups in a row after his BYE week, but I currently have five RBs on my roster ahead of him, and I could use some depth at WR...

I frustration dropped him this week. Not sure it was a good decision. Just got sick of seeing not enough happen.

Edited by gsiegel

4 minutes ago, gsiegel said:

I frustration dropped him this week. Not sure it was a good decision. Just got sick of seeing not enough happen.

Terrible decision. His schedule looks good rest of the season. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gsiegel said:

Had you been expecting him to play, or something?

1 hour ago, SteelersScotty said:

He gets so much usage but has never done anything productive with it over the course of his young career.

He has three great match-ups in a row after his BYE week, but I currently have five RBs on my roster ahead of him, and I could use some depth at WR...

There are 16 RBs ahead of him. Even in an 8 team league he's a borderline RB2. 

Who is available that is better than RB 17?

Edited by this guy right here

1 hour ago, SteelersScotty said:

Generally speaking, I wouldn't drop him unless you're desperate for depth somewhere else.  If he's the 6th best RB on your roster I could understand it but maybe you can try to trade him away first to a team desperate for RB help.

At the same time, I'm not really that enthusiastic about the fact that he's supposed to have great matchups coming up either.  Montgomery's value is providing a steady 8-12 half-PPR points.  I don't expect that to change even with great matchups.  I've only started him when I really had to, but it's still nice having those steady points when so many other RBs have been getting injured. 

Why the hate on here for this guy? He's RB17 in PPR leagues with not even playing last week. He has Detroit, Houston and Minnesota for the home stretch in FF. 

13 hours ago, ZappB said:

Generally speaking, I wouldn't drop him unless you're desperate for depth somewhere else.  If he's the 6th best RB on your roster I could understand it but maybe you can try to trade him away first to a team desperate for RB help.

At the same time, I'm not really that enthusiastic about the fact that he's supposed to have great matchups coming up either.  Montgomery's value is providing a steady 8-12 half-PPR points.  I don't expect that to change even with great matchups.  I've only started him when I really had to, but it's still nice having those steady points when so many other RBs have been getting injured. 

Yup. He's not sexy. Solid floor, but not a very high ceiling.

That said, he's an RB with a great playoff schedule and he could be borderline on owners drop list right now.

For me with two flex spots, I wouldn't mind a guy like D. Montgomery in my 2nd flex come playoff time if I can get him for someone who I'm dumping into waivers anyway.

If you need him to be an RB2? Yeah...no.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

Why the hate on here for this guy? He's RB17 in PPR leagues with not even playing last week. He has Detroit, Houston and Minnesota for the home stretch in FF. 

Here's what I said a little while ago about this his total RB ranking, numbers aren't updated for week 11:

Eh, I don't think this as great as that first appears.  I'm not in a normal PPR league so can't check there.  In Yahoo 0.5 PPR, Montgomery is also RB14 for total points which sounds great.  However, he's RB30 by average points.  The key is that he's been healthy up until now so he's been able to rack up a steady amount of total points unlike guys like Ekeler/Chubb/Mostert/others.  Montgomery has been fine but I wouldn't let the total points fool you.

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

Yeah, agree.  I actually bought low on Montgomery this week.

I mean, his usage was pretty good.  He get's points as a receiver also.  Just really missing the spike games.  He's basically 10 points every week.  It would be nice if his floor was 10 but his ceiling has been 10 too lol.

It was evident the last game against the Vikings that the Bears really have nothing behind Monty.  

I'm still not sold that Monty is a bad player.  I just think the problems are more Nagy and the Bears trash offense in general.  Maybe having a real QB would help some.