ajs723

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

I think Monty is what he is, a low-end RB2/flex.  Hard to envision alot of upside but you could certainly do worse if you address others positions with your first couple of picks. 

• Like 1

Love the talent but like others have said I'm worried about play calling and coaching.   I think the lack of preseason is really going to hurt this team more than others. They have a lot to work out on offense that you need live reps to work out.  They started out slow last year because none of the starters played in the preseason and never were able to get up to speed and I see it being similar this year, especially with the lack of clarity at QB.

On 7/27/2020 at 3:51 PM, phillyfan461 said:

I think Monty is what he is, a low-end RB2/flex.  Hard to envision alot of upside but you could certainly do worse if you address others positions with your first couple of picks. 

This is about how I feel. Like the player and his work ethic, but it seems like he's only going to be as good as his surrounding situation. He didn't have great vision last year and really lacked burst. He's got great passing game chops but they didn't use him enough there. I still think there's some upside, but his lack of speed and ability to break big runs bums me out.

injuries injuries injuries. This is going to be one wild season.  Sucks to hear about David, seems like he was heading in the right direction

I drafted last weekend and was kicking myself for not taking him. He seemed poised for an improved season. Hopefully it’s not season ending but it doesn’t sound good right now. 

17 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

RIP.

They will probably sign Freeman.

If they did, where do you think you would rank Freeman?  

Posted (edited)

Groins are never fun to deal with tho, it sounds like they're downplaying it a bit. Never heard of needing carted for a groin pull.

Edited by Savatage79

Apparently he wasn’t carted out.

still probably wouldn’t be the worst move to scoop up Freeman if you’re in a deep league.

15 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

f---.

Retracted but on standby.

• Haha 2

video of the injury.. looks like he’s walking alright but seems to be in pretty bad pain/discomfort

Anyone have any idea on a timeline?  A quick search showed recovery time from a grain strain can be anywhere from a couple week to 6 or maybe more if it's more severe.  6 weeks would have him missing weeks 1-4 probably.  Week 1 is 2.5 weeks away so I would guess he is limited or misses at least 1 game...

regardless of the severity of the injury, I assume the bears have to sign someone now as their depth is slim at the position. I expect a signing in the next week or so but who knows what player they will target.

Mr. Pace, I have Drew Rosenhaus holding online #1. Says you might want to take his call?

• Like 1

That vid looks pretty bad, just the clear pain and inability to put much weight on it.

I drafted a couple days ago and took Montgomery and I just picked up Freeman. I'm not sure if Freeman will be added but like others are saying I think that they will need to add someone.

9 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

That vid looks pretty bad, just the clear pain and inability to put much weight on it.

I drafted a couple days ago and took Montgomery and I just picked up Freeman. I'm not sure if Freeman will be added but like others are saying I think that they will need to add someone.

It won't necessarily be Freeman though that's who I think is the best available rb who could fill in, in a pinch.  I read they worked out ex-Seahawk C.J. Prosise and a few other rb's recently.

56 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

If they did, where do you think you would rank Freeman?  

It’s probably still more serious than the Bears are letting on. He hasn’t even been tested yet. 

However, if Montgomery did miss time and the Bears sign Freeman then I want no part of that backfield whatsoever. Forget rankings. Unless you’re getting Freeman in the 9th round or later it’s a wasted pick IMO. I’d rather take my shot with Damien Harris in what I believe is a better offense.

• Like 1

Full off the bone tear would cost him the year. A medium tear probably lands him on the PUP list. Groin injuries heal slowly and have a high potential for reinjury. Such a bummer. 

I believe the Bears believe they are contenders. A trade for Fournette or Hunt would be spicy to say the least. Would the Football Team move a back?

24 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

It’s probably still more serious than the Bears are letting on. He hasn’t even been tested yet. 

However, if Montgomery did miss time and the Bears sign Freeman then I want no part of that backfield whatsoever. Forget rankings. Unless you’re getting Freeman in the 9th round or later it’s a wasted pick IMO. I’d rather take my shot with Damien Harris in what I believe is a better offense.

Freeman had a combined 1000 yards, 6 tds and caught 60 balls last year on a fairly off year..why  would you avoid that situation especially with Foles slinging it ? Sign me up all day, especially right not getting freeman for nothing