Sign in to follow this  
DonutGiveUp

James Johnson 2019-2020 Outlook

25 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

They just lost to the Cavs, gave up a 20+ point lead -_- 

Yeah, without Jimmy.  KPJ had the game of his life, and they simply don't match up well given the Cavs have 4 capable big men and Miami's basically using an undersized Bam exclusively at C.  Also helps to shoot 34 FTs at home.  If you wanna look at it from the other side, they blew out the Cavs the game before at home.

16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

They’re 10-10 in their last 20 and the wins have been either OT or very close. They’re in free fall, the trades made them worse and no one knows where Jimmy is 

Eh?  On the flip side, their LOSSES have been very close, and their losses in the last 20 have come against some decent teams (Jazz, Celts, LAC), while their losses against weaker teams had them missing Jimmy in tight games.  As far as trades, which trades?  The Jimmy Butler one? That was mixed, since Spol didn't seem like the coach for Whiteside, whose absence unleashed Bam, but losing J-Rich hurt.  Losing JJ, Winslow, and Waiters for Iggy and Jae (and Hill) was, IMHO, an excellent trade, since you're giving up JJ (who didn't play much), Winslow (who's a walking injury), and Waiters (who has so many off-court issues and injuries that I have no idea how he's still in the league), for a proven albeit aging champion and Finals MVP, and a capable 3 and D guy who can defend multiple positions.

Not a Heat fan by any means, but they'll be fine once Jimmy (and perhaps Herro) returns.  Also helps that they've got a soft schedule for the next three weeks, excepting two games vs the Mavs and Bucks.

34 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

How long do yall think it'll take yahoo to give him C eligibility?

Few more games.  From what I've seen, JJ plays a good deal of C behind Naz.  Guess I could go on Yahoo and request it as some of the guys have been doing.  I think it's also slower because JJ isn't exactly a star so Fantasy might not be as quick to recognize his eligibility.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MWon said:

Few more games.  From what I've seen, JJ plays a good deal of C behind Naz.  Guess I could go on Yahoo and request it as some of the guys have been doing.  I think it's also slower because JJ isn't exactly a star so Fantasy might not be as quick to recognize his eligibility.

Yeah think requesting directly through twitter is the fastest route like some have been saying before. PJ Tucker ain't a star he got it after 5 games or less lol. 

27 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yeah think requesting directly through twitter is the fastest route like some have been saying before. PJ Tucker ain't a star he got it after 5 games or less lol. 

LOL, I think PJ Tucker being a starter and the Rockets' center-less plan going viral in the media contributed too.

Maybe if JJ were starting over Naz permanently, or at least for more games, he might've gotten C eligibility quicker.

Don't have a Twitter but I'll make one and post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All aboard the big man stat train. Hello to the new flavor of the week or perhaps few weeks. I'm expecting a few more great games, a dud or two thrown in for good measure, and a cut candidate before March is out. Good enough.

1 hour ago, rando said:

All aboard the big man stat train. Hello to the new flavor of the week or perhaps few weeks. I'm expecting a few more great games, a dud or two thrown in for good measure, and a cut candidate before March is out. Good enough.

You are oozing with pessimism - must be a riot to sit next to on airplanes.

On 2/26/2020 at 4:25 PM, DezedandConfused said:

Owners of James Johnson bug yahoo to give him center eligibility lol

I just did with ESPN haha

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Nah, I’m liking the blocks from the F position.

uh he wouldn't lose the F position, he'd just gain the C eligibility lol SF,PF,C like Tucker

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

uh he wouldn't lose the F position, he'd just gain the C eligibility lol SF,PF,C like Tucker

Just saying I have no use for him at C; I actually think he’s more useful at F.

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Just saying I have no use for him at C; I actually think he’s more useful at F.

Ok I get that, just saying u can still use him there, that adding center eligibility would have no effect on that lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Ok I get that, just saying u can still use him there, that adding center eligibility would have no effect on that lol

Oh I’ll take the C elg if it’s offered. I won’t be petitioning ESPN, however.

Not to blaspheme against our Lord, but want to point out that over the last 14 days:

JJ: 17/6/4 with 1.5 stl 2.5 blk

Covington: 12/8/1 with 0.5 stl 3.5 blk

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Not to blaspheme against our Lord, but want to point out that over the last 14 days:

Is this sustainable?  Drop Nance/Chriss for this dude?

59 minutes ago, alexstr said:

It's actually 14/5/3 with 1.2stl 2blk over the last 14 days, but still, pretty great. Hoping he keeps it up through fantasy playoffs.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LineyBoy said:

Is this sustainable?  Drop Nance/Chriss for this dude?

Probably for you roto guys. He has had to play at the 5 against bigs and gets into foul trouble or he would be playing more minutes. If/When KAT comes back, he might play some 4 along with KAT. 

In a points league, his foul troubles, Wolves developing Reid, Juancho and KAT coming back might put him at 20 min a game. He is pretty efficient with his minutes and fills up a lot of categories in the process. So I could see him ROS in Roto as being pretty valuable.

But 20 min in a points league might not be enough.

Love to watch him play though. He is a perfect player for the Wolves to have to help educate some of these young guys.

which one's worse: guy asking who-to-drop question on a player outlook thread or guy answering completely off tangent and just wanted to talk about himself/his league?

correct answer: me--not contributing anything to the thread 🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

He’s basically doing what he did in Miami three years ago when he had that run where he went 15-5-4 and 1-1-1 😁. The scoring and assists aren’t quite to that level this time around, but they’re close, and most importantly the stocks are there. 

• Like 3

On 2/20/2020 at 4:20 PM, dfstout said:

...kid can ball though... look, I had a choice, I couldve had both... I had a vision and in it I saw...Nazstradamus................

Hey man, I think you're vision is kind of blurry 😉

• Haha 2

hope picking chriss over him wasn’t the wrong choice. JJ is a PER min stock god

12 hours ago, dorwell said:

Hey man, I think you're vision is kind of blurry 😉

Tomorrow = Lasik

• Haha 1