Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 13

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 13 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 13 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Hartenstein should be a good add if Capela misses more time.

lookin to add one of the following for delon wright in a few hours: Osman, Wood, Gafford, Millsap. Any recommendations? 

Was debating between Eric Gordon and Maxi Kleber, because both play the 14/15 back to backs... I'm gonna go with Kleber, dont really see much more than points + 3s from Gordon. Idk how he was drafted in the 8th round, I was never high on the guy tbh. 

Powell is back from his injury, if he wasn't picked up yet go and get him

Sleepers & Waiver Wire pickups (week 13)

Players owned in 50% of the leagues, or less:

Dillon Brooks* (44%) 
Norman Powell (41%)
Markelle Fultz (41%) 
Jarrett Culver (40%) 
Darius Garland (39%)
Jaxson Hayes (37%) 
Omari Spellman (28%) 

Players owned in 25% of the leagues, or less:

Derrick Jones Jr. (15%) 
Trevor Ariza (12%) 
Donte Divincenzo (12%) 
Bruce Brown (18%) 
Daniel Gafford (9%) 
De'Anthony Melton* (7%) 
Isaiah Hartenstein (6%) 
Ben McLemore (5%) 
Alen Smailagic (0%) 

*Avoid, if possible, Hornets, Grizzlies or Wizards games this week. They’ll only play twice.

Read more here: https://wordpress.com/post/perkinsfor3.wordpress.com/528

Last week’s suggestions:

Gorgui Dieng (39%) – Production dropped a tiny bit this past week, but still top 90 value over past week and top 35 value over past two. Keep running him out there.
Damion Lee (41%) – Warriors looking to convert his contract into a regular one, I think he's going to keep value all year. Little reason for GSW to rush back Klay or Steph. Not a great dynasty target, though.
Willie Cauley-Stein (40%) – GSW finally figured out that it didn't make a lot of sense for them to keep starting WCS. Drop, unfortunately.
Mikal Bridges (39%)
Aaron Holiday (35%)
Shabazz Napier (31%)
Troy Brown jr. (30%) – Bryant, Bertans and Beeal are all back. However, with the pace the Wizards play at, I can see TBjr keep value all year. Plus - the Wizards are open for trades. Troy's value will only increase beyond that.
Ish Smith (28%)
Sekou Doumbouya (24%) – Rocky, but hell of a fun road. Ask TT.
De’Anthony Melton (10%) – Keep playing him.
Dorian Finney-Smith (9%) – Ditto. Is so underrated.
Dante Exum (2%) – Had that great game and then missed the rest of the week with the flu. Don't expect him to drop 28 nightly (duh), but I could see him average 14 ppg with interesting steeals and ast numbers.
James Johnson (1%)
Naz Reid (1%) – As long as KAT is out, Reid will drop some nice lines every other game. He's got the green light, so brace for some ugly shooting nights. I'll pass on grabbing him as his defense is horrible and the long term value isn't enticing either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ariza should be added in all leagues. Minutes are in the 30's and does a bit of everything. Dedmon is another to keep an eye on

11 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Ariza should be added in all leagues. Minutes are in the 30's and does a bit of everything. Dedmon is another to keep an eye on

He won't do anything unless he gets moved....

4 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Sleepers & Waiver Wire pickups (week 13)

Players owned in 50% of the leagues, or less:

Dillon Brooks* (44%) 
Norman Powell (41%)
Markelle Fultz (41%) 
Jarrett Culver (40%) 
Darius Garland (39%)
Jaxson Hayes (37%) 
Omari Spellman (28%) 

Players owned in 25% of the leagues, or less:

Derrick Jones Jr. (15%) 
Trevor Ariza (12%) 
Donte Divincenzo (12%) 
Bruce Brown (18%) 
Daniel Gafford (9%) 
De'Anthony Melton* (7%) 
Isaiah Hartenstein (6%) 
Ben McLemore (5%) 
Alen Smailagic (0%) 

*Avoid, if possible, Hornets, Grizzlies or Wizards games this week. They’ll only play twice.

Read more here: https://wordpress.com/post/perkinsfor3.wordpress.com/528

Last week’s suggestions:

Gorgui Dieng (39%) – Production dropped a tiny bit this past week, but still top 90 value over past week and top 35 value over past two. Keep running him out there.
Damion Lee (41%) – Warriors looking to convert his contract into a regular one, I think he's going to keep value all year. Little reason for GSW to rush back Klay or Steph. Not a great dynasty target, though.
Willie Cauley-Stein (40%) – GSW finally figured out that it didn't make a lot of sense for them to keep starting WCS. Drop, unfortunately.
Mikal Bridges (39%)
Aaron Holiday (35%)
Shabazz Napier (31%)
Troy Brown jr. (30%) – Bryant, Bertans and Beeal are all back. However, with the pace the Wizards play at, I can see TBjr keep value all year. Plus - the Wizards are open for trades. Troy's value will only increase beyond that.
Ish Smith (28%)
Sekou Doumbouya (24%) – Rocky, but hell of a fun road. Ask TT.
De’Anthony Melton (10%) – Keep playing him.
Dorian Finney-Smith (9%) – Ditto. Is so underrated.
Dante Exum (2%) – Had that great game and then missed the rest of the week with the flu. Don't expect him to drop 28 nightly (duh), but I could see him average 14 ppg with interesting steeals and ast numbers.
James Johnson (1%)
Naz Reid (1%) – As long as KAT is out, Reid will drop some nice lines every other game. He's got the green light, so brace for some ugly shooting nights. I'll pass on grabbing him as his defense is horrible and the long term value isn't enticing either.

OOOOO OOOO SMAILAGIC!! Ya Knooooooowwwwww

8 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Culver maybe?

Culver always!

Nance and Mclemore should be good streaming options for today,

crowder is out... why not experiment with melton and ja in the back court with brooks at the 3... you know what NAH WE GONNA START KYLE ANDERSON INSTEAD! SMH

3 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

crowder is out... why not experiment with melton and ja in the back court with brooks at the 3... you know what NAH WE GONNA START KYLE ANDERSON INSTEAD! SMH

agreed. Wtf? 

I know I know that nobody cares about our fantasy teams - but the proof is there! Melton is great when given minutes. So give him more! 

teams winning though, so this probably what we are left with. 

still, added him again ( I think this is the 4th time?) for some easy stars tonight 

Just now, Ray Barboni said:

agreed. Wtf? 

I know I know that nobody cares about our fantasy teams - but the proof is there! Melton is great when given minutes. So give him more! 

teams winning though, so this probably what we are left with. 

still, added him again ( I think this is the 4th time?) for some easy stars tonight 

Yeah teams winning but with crowder out the rotation is all changed up anyways.. i would get it if anderson could shoot.. but **** he cant even do that lmaoo. so whats the point. 

just see how the game goes, Melton hasn't started before so likely don't want to interrupt with his role. could end up getting big minutes still.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stickman786 said:

hartenstein or melton? whos the pick up.

depends on what you’re looking for.

Melton is consistent AF. Low minutes though and it doesn’t look like that will change.

capella is healthy again (I think?) so that should negate Harenstein back to backup role.

2 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

depends on what you’re looking for.

Melton is consistent AF. Low minutes though and it doesn’t look like that will change.

capella is healthy again (I think?) so that should negate Harenstein back to backup role.

i'm just waiting for one of these guys to start. Like hartenstein next to capela wouldve been a nice experiment. ugghhh

23 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

i'm just waiting for one of these guys to start. Like hartenstein next to capela wouldve been a nice experiment. ugghhh

mid that’s the case I’d go with Melton. Easier path to consistent minutes - keep that third eye on Harnstein though

• Like 1

pretty weird to see no1 say kleber even just cuz of the schedule... Looks like they keeping him fresh for the second game of the back to back tho