Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

Rotoworld Offseason Mock Draft II: 2020 edition (H2H)

tonycpsu

f you'd like to follow along with the picks in this draft, you can do so here.

Message added by tonycpsu

52 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Can't believe I didn't make the best picks with Sano at 130. Amazing the lack of love this premium power bat gets. Guy is gonna be healthy and be on one of the best offensive teams in baseball. 

Do you read Razzball? Grey likes Sano alot. His excerpt in case you don’t read his articles. 

In 380 at-bats last year, Miguel Sano hit 34 homers. Damn, did someone secretly break his hamate bone? He had the 4th best home run per at-bat, between Yelich and Albombso. Sano made 9% soft contact, which makes me make hard contact against my Bermuda shorts. He was 6th in the majors with barrels per plate appearance, right behind Trout and Judge. He was 2nd in the majors in exit velocity, behind Judge. His average home run distance was 415 feet and, if you’ve ever seen Sano, you know he’s not a product of the juiced ball. Bring out the bone-dry balls and Sano will make ’em wet. His hard hit percentage was the best in the majors. Sano broke out last year, and no one is drafting him like it happened. Yes, he’s an injury risk, which is why he’s a sleeper and not being drafted high. But a 26-year-old injury risk with 50+ homer power? I’m sorry, but Nelson Cruz was labeled injury-prone when he was 26 years old too. At one point, Just Dong Martinez was an injury-prone liability. Guys are injury prone until they shake that label. Will Sano hit .270+? Seems unlikely with his 35% strikeout rate, but he hit .247 last year and Joey Gallo hit .253. See, when you’re hitting everything hard, good things happen, even if you’re striking out more than 30% of the time. Speaking of Gallo, how does he get drafted around 55 overall and Sano around 150? There’s a major buying opportunity for Sano this year, and I’m drafting him everywhere. Let the juiced balls dry up and Sano still hits 45 dongers. For 2020, I’ll give Miguel Sano projections of 82/43/94/.241/1 in 524 ABs with a chance for much more.

NFBC ADP

Gallo 78 Sano 126

I really liked the Greinke pick at 61, especially in HTH. Some old guys just get it done. He's healthy and he'll have a great shot at 20 W on Houston if he stays that way.

Hoping he has his annual public spring jitters that keeps his price down; I wouldn't let him get past the 4th round.

Round 16 Results

# Pick Player Team
181 16.1 Price, David (BOS-P) Ecofolux
182 16.2 Pederson, Joc (LAD-OF) 89Topps
183 16.3 Hampson, Garrett (COL-2B) Dark Kn19ht
184 16.4 Davis, J.D. (NYM-3B) shakestreet
185 16.5 Wong, Kolten (STL-2B) sngehl01
186 16.6 Voit, Luke (NYY-1B) jfazz23
187 16.7 Urshela, Gio (NYY-3B) Members_Only_76
188 16.8 Foltynewicz, Mike (ATL-P) BostonCajun
189 16.9 Kennedy, Ian (KC-P) turner46
190 16.10 Heaney, Andrew (LAA-P) MSkibisky
191 16.11 Gregorius, Didi (PHI-SS) Zeezee
192 16.12 Rosario, Amed (NYM-SS) Maxcd99

Picks are updated here as they're made.

5 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

Ok ALL. Time for some TAKES.

note, I'm not an expert on ADP yet, so bare with me if I say something incredibly stupid. 

WORST PICKS SO FAR:

Bryce Harper 2nd round, 9th overall: Seems way too early, a lot of other much stronger players went after him (Baez, Walker, JD, Max, Devers, Clev). Way too early IMO.

Chris Sale 3rd Round pick 6. I'm not sure if hes going to be going here when things stabilize, but this seems a bit early for a guy who struggled with injuries and has a lot of question marks. Bit of a run on SP around this time, so I 'get it', but wouldn't like Sale at this price. 

Jose Altuve 3rd round pick 9, maybe its my bias, but not liking Altuve this year. Although 2b is weak.

Kris Bryant 4th round, pick 2. Reallllly dislike this pick, sorry! Kris Bryant is basically Machado who went a round later. He won't steal, doesn't get a ton of RBI's, his HR's are like 30ish, runs are great, and his average is usually pretty good, but I'm not a fan.

Keston Hiura round 5, pick 1 - Way too early for this IMO.

Round 7 pick 1 - Victor Robles - Is he really going here? Not a fan

Round 12 pick 2 - Yasiel Puig, doesn't even have a team yet, might end up in Japan.

Round 9 pick 7 - Aquino, big dud incoming, this is too early. 

BEST PICKS SO FAR:

Arenando at 16. He keeps falling for some reason, but this is a first rounder.

Walker Buehler + Max Scherzer at the end of the second round. That's pretty nice. I think that's about right, but I like them there.

Mondessi/Villar round 4 picks 10/11 - Mondessi in particular could be a first rounder if we knew he was 100% not going to get injured. Villar can carry a team in the hardest to get stat - SB's. Nice value for both here.

Round 8 pick 4-  Josh Hader, first RP off the board and its round 8. Might be a decent year to pick up some elite RP and maybe even focus on grabbing 4-5 elite RP and waiting on SP all the way to the end in h2h... IDK yet, we shall see where their adp's stabilize, but the best reliever in the game had in round 8, I'm cool with this

Round 8 SP : Noah, Kluber, Paxton : A lot of nice upside here with these 3. Noah will be on a ton of my teams this year, I can't quit him. I feel like this could be a great year for Paxton as he finished so strong. 

Round 9 pick 2, Josh Donaldson : His ADP is likely going up up up.

Round 12 pick 9- Kimbrel. 

Round 15 pick 11 - Matt Boyd - lmao, great pick. Why is he going this late? Absurd. 

Round 15 pick 12 - Jake Odorizzi - same comment, why is he going this late? Absurd. 

On the Bryant pick, a couple things.  First, I drafted him with more the intent to play him in the OF.  It's a 5 OF league and I think the position gets pretty thin in that format.  It's also an OPS league, which increases his value slightly.  I was looking at him over guys like Blackmon, Ketel Marte & Austin Meadows, who I think all profile fairly similar to Bryant.  Decided to go with he guy with a little positional flexibility.  I ended up drafting Justin Turner much later in the draft, so the plan would be to start with Turner at 3B.

Even if I were to end up with Bryant at 3B, I'd still much rather have him than Machado even with a 1 round discount.

Round 17 Results

# Pick Player Team
193 17.1 Lowe, Nate (TB-1B) Maxcd99
194 17.2 McCullers Jr., Lance (HOU-P) Zeezee
195 17.3 DeJong, Paul (STL-SS) MSkibisky
196 17.4 Narvaez, Omar (MIL-C) turner46
197 17.5 Upton, Justin (LAA-OF) BostonCajun
198 17.6 Puk, A.J. (OAK-P) Members_Only_76
199 17.7 Stroman, Marcus (NYM-P) jfazz23
200 17.8 Mazara, Nomar (CHW-OF) sngehl01
201 17.9 McMahon, Ryan (COL-2B) shakestreet
202 17.10 Cain, Lorenzo (MIL-OF) Dark Kn19ht
203 17.11 Manaea, Sean (OAK-P) 89Topps
204 17.12 McCutchen, Andrew (PHI-OF) Ecofolux

12 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

WORST PICKS SO FAR:

Keston Hiura round 5, pick 1 - Way too early for this IMO.

Round 7 pick 1 - Victor Robles - Is he really going here? Not a fan

I made both of these picks. I think I got solid value for Hiura in that he is an elite hitter who has recently developed legitimate power into his game. I think he'll be a top 25 player for years to come, although with MI in particularly deep this year, this selection could have been improved. He hit .303 with 19 bombs and 9 SB in half a season's AB. If you extrapolate it to a full season, which has it's obvious flaws, you get a line very similar to Javier Baez' 2018 near MVP season.

With Robles, there are few players that provide plus values in SB but don't have negatives everywhere else. The tools are real, and with appropriate rounding, he went 15/30 last season. The OPS sucks, but he's 22 years old. I've followed Robles for years in the minors so I have a bit of bias, but I believe in the hit tool and think with the current scarcity in SB Robles is a bargain

• Like 3

13 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Hmmm. I thought it was after. 

key word is "knowing"

it may have been after news broke, but i already had him in my queue and didnt see the news

2 hours ago, Maxcd99 said:

I made both of these picks. I think I got solid value for Hiura in that he is an elite hitter who has recently developed legitimate power into his game. I think he'll be a top 25 player for years to come, although with MI in particularly deep this year, this selection could have been improved. He hit .303 with 19 bombs and 9 SB in half a season's AB. If you extrapolate it to a full season, which has it's obvious flaws, you get a line very similar to Javier Baez' 2018 near MVP season.

With Robles, there are few players that provide plus values in SB but don't have negatives everywhere else. The tools are real, and with appropriate rounding, he went 15/30 last season. The OPS sucks, but he's 22 years old. I've followed Robles for years in the minors so I have a bit of bias, but I believe in the hit tool and think with the current scarcity in SB Robles is a bargain

Yahoo's ADP came out today and has Victor Robles at 69 (nice) and Hiura at 42, I guess I may be the one 'off' on these guys. I'll definitely be passing on them tho at those prices, but those picks look a lot better to me after my adjustment to the adp scene. 

• Like 1

It’s not like we’re going blind on ADP here. Fantrax may not be the ultimate resource but it’s ADP is better than nothing and it appears Yahoo and Fantrax’ ADPs we’re close to my selection.

• Like 1

I don't think either the Hiura or Robles pick were that farfetched from where they will most go.

Round 18 Results

# Pick Player Team
205 18.1 Reynolds, Bryan (PIT-OF) Ecofolux
206 18.2 Andujar, Miguel (NYY-UT) 89Topps
207 18.3 May, Dustin (LAD-P) Dark Kn19ht
208 18.4 Eaton, Adam (WAS-OF) shakestreet
209 18.5 Weaver, Luke (ARI-P) sngehl01
210 18.6 Lowe, Brandon (TB-2B) jfazz23
211 18.7 Vazquez, Christian (BOS-C) Members_Only_76
212 18.8 Choo, Shin-soo (TEX-OF) BostonCajun
213 18.9 Molina, Yadier (STL-C) turner46
214 18.10 Canning, Griffin (LAA-P) MSkibisky
215 18.11 Peralta, David (ARI-OF) Zeezee
216 18.12 Senzel, Nick (CIN-OF) Maxcd99

20 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

I don't think either the Hiura or Robles pick were that farfetched from where they will most go.

They weren’t. The best/worst were Cryp’s opinion. Nothing more nothing less. 

9 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

key word is "knowing"

it may have been after news broke, but i already had him in my queue and didnt see the news