Sign in to follow this  
munde53

Nick Chubb 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

#2 in rushing yards in 2019 and #3 in total yards behind only CMC and Zeke. He produced at an elite level despite his O-Line being grading out as one of the worst lines in the NFL (#23 overall).

From Pro Football Focus:

Chubb has both the highest overall and rushing PFF grade in the NFL this season. Chubb rushed for 1,494 yards (second in the league), and gained 1,122 of them (75.1%) after contact. He broke 66 tackles on 298 carries and was seemingly the only thing functioning consistently on a Cleveland offense that could not get out of its own way this season. Yes, some backs gained more yards either on the ground or total from scrimmage this season, but none did more on an individual level to maximize his production than Chubb.

Kevin Stefanski is coming to town as the new HC which should be good news for Chubb given his willingness to feed his starting RB. Hunt should be gone so hopefully that means Stefanski will attempt to work Chubb into the passing game more than the previous coaching staff did. If the Browns can add some pieces to their O-Line then the sky is the limit for Chubb in terms of fantasy production. 

Chubb should be a top 5 pick in drafts this upcoming fantasy season and will again be in the race for the rushing title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Stefanski rides Chubb next year the same way the Vikings rode Cook this season.  Not sure if that was more Kubiak, but never the less Stefanski comes from a team that rode its workhorse for a great season.  Anything has to be an upgrade over Kitchens right?  I'll never forget that Sunday night game against the Rams where the Browns were 1st and Goal at the end of the game and ran 4 straight passes out of an empty set.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019092213/2019/REG3/rams@browns?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr

As long as Hunt moves on, I'm buying Chubb everywhere I can.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always leery of a coaching change as anything could happen. Having said that there is no reason CLE shouldn't be better next year with a new HC.  Chubb had a good year but it could be even better next year if they lean on him like TEN did King Henry.  

With a better o-line and a passing game it should help open things up for Chubb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I am always leery of a coaching change as anything could happen. Having said that there is no reason CLE shouldn't be better next year with a new HC.  Chubb had a good year but it could be even better next year if they lean on him like TEN did King Henry.  

With a better o-line and a passing game it should help open things up for Chubb. 

That's a good point I forgot.  If fantasy has taught me anything, is that typically consistency is rewarded.  Everyone thought this time last year Kitchens was an upgrade and the Browns were Superbowl bound.  Stefanski could fall flat on his face for all we know.  But even in the midst of all the turmoil this year, Chubb still produced.  I think he's one of those players that is going to perform no matter the circumstances.  And if Stefanski commits to him like Cook, and they even slightly improve the OL, and Baker even slightly improves, big season in coming for Chubb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

That's a good point I forgot.  If fantasy has taught me anything, is that typically consistency is rewarded.  Everyone thought this time last year Kitchens was an upgrade and the Browns were Superbowl bound.  Stefanski could fall flat on his face for all we know.  But even in the midst of all the turmoil this year, Chubb still produced.  I think he's one of those players that is going to perform no matter the circumstances.  And if Stefanski commits to him like Cook, and they even slightly improve the OL, and Baker even slightly improves, big season in coming for Chubb.

I agree in that if they commit to Chubb he's going to produce as he's a great back. Having said that if CLE further regresses it could get ugly. I doubt that will happen and expect better things next year. I don't see why Chubb isn't top 3 in rushing yards again this (new) year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s now fair to say those fears about the return of Hunt relegating him to an RB2 were unfounded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

I think it’s now fair to say those fears about the return of Hunt relegating him to an RB2 were unfounded.

Lol, just because it was wrong, it doesn't mean it was "unfounded"  and that also doesn't mean that 2020 wont morph into a 2 headed monster 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Lol, just because it was wrong, it doesn't mean it was "unfounded"  and that also doesn't mean that 2020 wont morph into a 2 headed monster 

Would you prefer “unwarranted”?  Please answer once finished laughing out loud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.