Jayhawkduke

Startup Dynasty League - 12-team, 6x6 Roto, Fantrax Treasurer, $100 buy-in, involved/active owners only

6x6 Roto

QS, IP, ERA, WHIP, K, SV

OBP, SLG, R, RBI, HR, SB

League fees $100 collected by Fantrax Treasurer. Prize pots distributed by Fantrax at end of season.

Prize pots:

1st: $500

2nd: $300

3rd: $200

4th: $100

5th: $75

6th: $25

Standard Roto active rosters with 12 reserves and 10 minors - daily lineups.

$260 salary cap, $130 FAAB, max 6-year contracts for MLB players with annual inflation. Keep as many as you want but under salary cap for draft. MiLB players don’t count against cap and don’t start contracts/inflation until called up.

MLB slow auction draft on proboards ASAP. Inaugural MiLB snake draft to follow - future MiLB drafts in summer following MLB amateur draft.

WhatsApp account required for league communications - experience not necessary but active participation is required.

League Constitution viewable here: http://floog.freeforums.net/thread/3/floog-constitution (proboards account required)

Contact jayhawkduke@gmail.com with questions or to join. 

Sounds exactly what I am looking for, Except its on Fantrax. Fantrax stat tracker sucks. If you ever start one up in Yahoo hit me up. 

9 minutes ago, anrk4u2oioioi said:

Sounds exactly what I am looking for, Except its on Fantrax. Fantrax stat tracker sucks. If you ever start one up in Yahoo hit me up. 

I’ve never noticed any issues with Fantrax stat tracker. I feel like Fantrax has a lot more options and their customer support is pretty great. Let me know if you change your mind. 

Mike

2 hours ago, Jayhawkduke said:

I’ve never noticed any issues with Fantrax stat tracker. I feel like Fantrax has a lot more options and their customer support is pretty great. Let me know if you change your mind. 

Mike

Will do Mike. 

13 hours ago, BlueThru said:

I'm interested in your league - please send me more information.

Steve

I sent you a message.

Mike

13 minutes ago, MWN said:

I have never done a slow auction, how does that work?

I'm actually in the middle of a draft very similar to the method used in this league (see below)...it's a ton of fun.

I cut/pasted the draft rules from the league Constitution:

The MLB draft will be an offline slow auction draft hosted on proboards.com. The inaugural draft will take approximately two weeks. Following seasons will likely take only a few days, depending on the number of keepers. Teams must enter the draft at or below the salary cap of $260. Teams may exceed the cap during the draft, but only if executing trades that add cap (see examples below). 

Additionally, owners MUST have enough unused draft dollars entering the draft to fill out a complete 34-man roster during the draft. As an example, if a team keeps 24 players, the owner must have at least $10 to fill the remaining 10 roster positions (the minimum bid is $1). If, during the course of the draft, an owner spends all $260, that owner is done drafting, cannot nominate any additional players, and will have to fill any empty roster positions using FAAB money following the draft (see Section 6.2).

For the first five days of the inaugural draft, each owner will nominate two players each day. Then, owners will nominate three players per day for eight days (34 total players per team). In subsequent years, each owner will nominate three players per day until rosters are full. 

Nominated players are posted each night at 9 PM ET, and bidding will last 24 hours. The minimum starting bid is $1, and bids are placed by owners on the respective players in at least $1 increments. The highest bid at exactly 9:00:00 PM ET the following day wins the rights to that player, and the winning bid amount is subtracted from that owner’s auction budget. 

If there are bids on a player in the last 5 minutes prior to the deadline, bidding will be extended 15 minutes to 9:15:00 ET. Only the owner with the highest bid prior to 8:55 and the owner(s) who submitted bids in the last 5 minutes are permitted to bid during the time extension. If there are again bids within the last 5 minutes to new deadline, bidding will be extended another 15 minutes. This will continue until no bids are made in the last 5 minutes prior to a deadline.

Owners may execute trades during the MLB Draft. Trades may contain any combination of players and/or cap money being exchanged between owners. More than two owners may be involved in trades. Upon agreement between owners, trades must be announced via WhatsApp and posted on proboards.com. 

Examples:

·      Team 1 trades Jacob deGrom ($45 value) to Team 2 for $40 in cap. Team 1’s new salary cap is $295 ($45 minus the returning value of $40 equals $5 difference), and Team 2’s new salary cap is $305 (gave $40 to Team 1 but now has deGrom’s $45 contract subtracted from his budget).

·      Team 1 trades Mookie Betts ($40 value) to Team 2 for Max Kepler ($5) and $25 in cap. Team 1’s new salary cap is $290 ($40 minus the returning value of $30 equals $10), and Team 2’s new salary cap is $310.

That auction format looks like fun. Am a little confused by pitching categories, IP is a category but there is a cap on weekly starts. Kinda contradictory? Maybe holds instead? How many teams so far?

14 minutes ago, MWN said:

That auction format looks like fun. Am a little confused by pitching categories, IP is a category but there is a cap on weekly starts. Kinda contradictory? Maybe holds instead? How many teams so far?

The weekly start cap is just to keep the streaming under control. You can still stream SPs, but the 11-start limit prevents it from getting out of hand. Basically, with this format, SPs who pitch deep into games (more IP) are more valuable, which is like real life baseball.

Still looking for 4 owners...the spots are filling up pretty quick. Email me at jayhawkduke@gmail.com if you're interested.