Rotoworld.com Forums

DJ Moore 2020 Outlook

Baylor’s coach as HC now LSU’s passing coordinator as OC. Sign me up for Moore as my WR2.

I can see them going after Bridgewater since he is familiar with the Brady’s (Saints) playbook

Edited by affliction
  • Like 3
  • Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He literally said "Not comparing Moore to Thomas but Teddy can feed his #1 receiver". He's just saying DJ is the main target and all Teddy has to do is complete the little short stuff that DJ is alrea

*Looks at menu* May I have Moore, please? Hold the Bridgewater.

Let's also not undersell the hiring of Joe Brady as OC.  He learned under Sean Payton as an Offensive Assistant Coach in NO for 2 seasons (17-18) and just led the LSU passing attack to one of the best

Posted Images

Good insight, thanks! 'Cept, that's a lot going on & Bridgewater may get a much better offer than the stopgap QB on a rebuild... I also question whether Moore will be a value as a high WR2. If the current rankings at FantasyPros are any indication, he's going to come off your board much sooner than a Cooper Kupp & some other interesting breakout & bounce back candidates. Really love this player but likely a pass for me. 

9 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Good insight, thanks! 'Cept, that's a lot going on & Bridgewater may get a much better offer than the stopgap QB on a rebuild... I also question whether Moore will be a value as a high WR2. If the current rankings at FantasyPros are any indication, he's going to come off your board much sooner than a Cooper Kupp & some other interesting breakout & bounce back candidates. Really love this player but likely a pass for me. 

He was the #16th WR in my league with bums throwing him the ball. I'm not a big Bridgewater fan but he would be an upgrade over Grier, Allen and Cam.

While you may be right, your reasoning isn't particularly convincing. For the one or two of us who are not in your league (again, given his current ADP), you're advocating Moore as our WR2 with a mid to late 2nd RD pick. As for Bridgewater, I'll remind that just a few short months ago, no one thought much of Ryan Tannehill either.  

Traded for him in Dynasty middle of last season. I think long term he's going to be a Hopkins level player. Career stats thus far are comparable.

Guy just looks the business to me. Kuechly retiring can only help their D get worse which is always good for receivers.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

He has some serious hype even before these signings at their coaches positions. I think the hype is going to have people reaching and then surely being disappointed as many Odell owners. Before I start getting on any train, the draft and offseason moves need to take place. 

If you believe in the talent though, you can use that uncertainty to try and drive his price down a bit right now. His value could be even higher come May. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

He has some serious hype even before these signings at their coaches positions. I think the hype is going to have people reaching and then surely being disappointed as many Odell owners. Before I start getting on any train, the draft and offseason moves need to take place. 

The most important move will definitely be at QB they sign someone capable his value will be mid 3rd. I faded him this year because of Cam and the Curtis Samuel offseason hype train. I really didn't realize how good of a year he had until the season was over. I suspect Greg Olsen will retire next.

Edited by affliction
22 hours ago, affliction said:

The most important move will definitely be at QB they sign someone capable his value will be mid 3rd. I faded him this year because of Cam and the Curtis Samuel offseason hype train. I really didn't realize how good of a year he had until the season was over. I suspect Greg Olsen will retire next.

I'm all in on DJ Moore next year as long as the QB is at least average.  Weeks 1-15 (got hurt immediately in Week 16) Moore was the WR8 in PPR, WR10 in Half, and WR12 in Standard.  The dude had a clearly injured Cam Newtown and Kyle Allen throwing him the ball all year.  Give me someone like Dalton, Bridgewater, Rivers or healthy Cam coming back and I'm all in.  Even if Carolina gets stuck with Allen another year, or grabs someone like Case Keenum or even Matt Moore as a plug for a year, I'm still taking Moore and his value probably gets suppressed a bit.  

On 1/15/2020 at 9:23 AM, fjthegrey said:

Traded for him in Dynasty middle of last season. I think long term he's going to be a Hopkins level player. Career stats thus far are comparable.

Guy just looks the business to me. Kuechly retiring can only help their D get worse which is always good for receivers.

I traded for him in 2018 in a keeper/dynasty and couldn't be happier. I think big things are on the way for Moore.  For those that caution about over-hype and drafting too early that is a concern. I love owning Moore but I still think he has ways to improve and there may be a bit of a learning curve with a new coach and potentially new offense.

I'd love to get him for a reasonable price in a few other leagues and maybe the Samuel hype train will get out of control this offseason too and help keep Moore's value low(er). Samuel did get 100 targets last year and its not a bad thing having a burner who can go deep to clear things out for Moore and take some of the heat off him.

• Like 2
On 1/17/2020 at 9:16 AM, Fort4242 said:

I'm all in on DJ Moore next year as long as the QB is at least average.  Weeks 1-15 (got hurt immediately in Week 16) Moore was the WR8 in PPR, WR10 in Half, and WR12 in Standard.  The dude had a clearly injured Cam Newtown and Kyle Allen throwing him the ball all year.  Give me someone like Dalton, Bridgewater, Rivers or healthy Cam coming back and I'm all in.  Even if Carolina gets stuck with Allen another year, or grabs someone like Case Keenum or even Matt Moore as a plug for a year, I'm still taking Moore and his value probably gets suppressed a bit.  

Yeah I'll even take Eli over Dalton

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 5:45 PM, affliction said:

Baylor’s coach as HC now LSU’s passing coordinator as OC. Sign me up for Moore as my WR2.

I can see them going after Bridgewater since he is familiar with the Brady’s (Saints) playbook

Image result for its happening gif

• Like 2

Doesn't really change my viewpoint of DJ at all to be honest.  Robby is primarily a field stretcher, and Teddy is largely an underneath and intermediate passer.  DJ's going to get a ton of targets, and he's deadly after the catch.

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Doesn't really change my viewpoint of DJ at all to be honest.  Robby is primarily a field stretcher, and Teddy is largely an underneath and intermediate passer.  DJ's going to get a ton of targets, and he's deadly after the catch.

Doesn't change how I view DJ as a player, but there are only so many targets to go around in an offense. There are less targets following the Anderson acquisition than there would have been otherwise. Highly unlikely he will top the 135 targets he got last year. Hopefully he can score more TD's to offset any decrease in targets. I should clarify, he went from #10 in my rankings to #13 so I still think highly of him as a fantasy asset. 

Edited by paulwall29
41 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Agreed, this signing hurts Samuel much more than DJ IMO. I think Teddy target DJ underneath & on slants and let’s him do damage on YAC. 

50 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Honestly, teams change so much year by year, it's hard to go by schedule...That being said, I still got him in my top 15 WR

• 2 months later...

Surprised there isn’t more discussion going on in this thread.

Guy is going early in round 3 usually. Is amazing after the catch and ole’ Checkdown Teddy is coming to town. I expect the panthers new young defense to be pretty terrible year 1, lots of shootouts which should only help Moore. Anderson signing I believe can help him more than hurt, should open up the field more. I believe Moore and McCaffrey will easily lead the team in targets, if he can get his TD’s up he has top 10-5 WR potential easy. 

I’d like to see some of your all’s opinions, he is one of the more fun prospects to talk about this year I believe. 

DJ Moore is a very good receiver.  Teddy Bridgewater is not a very good quarterback.  Although it is mystifying to me how much love Bridgewater gets from NFL front offices and media, I suspect part of it is because of the inspirational comeback from the gruesome knee injury.

Bridgewater has played, what, 7 games in the last four years?  To me, he looked like an extremely cautious game manager with very limited physical tools last year even while going 5-0 for the Saints while Brees was hurt.

And yet the fantasy community is acting like Bridgewater will be rock solid for the new Carolina offensive system.  To me, it looks like a complete unknown for all Panthers players with the possible exception of McCaffrey.

DJ Moore does not get near my top 20.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

DJ Moore is a very good receiver.  Teddy Bridgewater is not a very good quarterback.  Although it is mystifying to me how much love Bridgewater gets from NFL front offices and media, I suspect part of it is because of the inspirational comeback from the gruesome knee injury.

Bridgewater has played, what, 7 games in the last four years?  To me, he looked like an extremely cautious game manager with very limited physical tools last year even while going 5-0 for the Saints while Brees was hurt.

And yet the fantasy community is acting like Bridgewater will be rock solid for the new Carolina offensive system.  To me, it looks like a complete unknown for all Panthers players with the possible exception of McCaffrey.

There's always a receiver super hyped up this year ready for a breakout and domination. DJ Moore was very good last year...but Kyle Allen wasn't awful, and did throw the ball a bit farther down the field.

There's risk here in the QB, the coaching staff, you're right.

I'm just falling into the whole "one WR gets super hyped" and flops every year. Last year was JuJu (Although not entirely fair, he still flopped.) Could this year be DJ Moore?

Curtis Samuel is a good fit for Bridgewater, and Robby should get targets. Hell, Ian Thomas is also primed to move forward.

Panthers will be playing from behind alot, and could lead this to be a low scoring team...

24 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bridgwater is significantly better than Kyle Allen. Thats all I need to know. He may be conservative but he's very accurate. 

Im all in on Moore this season. I think he has a WR2 floor with the upside to finish top 5.