affliction

DJ Moore 2020 Outlook

Relax they want to give him the ball I still think he’s a fine WR2 with big play ability

People need to calm down. Has Anderson been better and is the #1 WR in this offense? No question. Is Anderson going to finish the season as a top 5 WR? I doubt it. I think theyre numbers have look pretty similar by season's end.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Guccimonster said:

Relax they want to give him the ball I still think he’s a fine WR2 with big play ability

5 targets with 33 minute TOP is not exactly wanting to give him the ball.

.5 targets per drive on average 

Edited by LAeagle

14 hours ago, hard1 said:

Am I the only one that thinks how in the eff is Robby frickin Anderson waltzing in here and stealing dj moores spot???? And is doing it... what am I missing ? Anderson looks like the one crazy Wayans brother...

Anderson played for Rhule at Temple, gotta feed the guy he likes with targets rather than the more talented receiver in Moore.

Sadly no one in my league will be fooled by this guys decent game.  I'll try to package him up this week regardless. My honest prediction is Moore will be decent enough as a 3rd wr on your team.  He may even reach 1,000 yards again this year.  But without an injury to Robby Anderson, he's most likely going to continue to be a major disappointment to where he was drafted.  Hindsight, I should have seen this coming.... New coach plus a new QB.  

• Like 1

I dont know what you guys expected from him. He is 2nd banana to a guy who is Top 5 in the league right now.  If you look at Moore's actual NFL numbers he is basically top 20 in everything.  Bridgewater is top 10 in pass attempts and only 3 guys are gonna touch the ball( Robby, Moore and the rb whoever it is). I don't see the problem here, especially when considering other wrs in significantly worse situations. He took off last year and finished strong, which got people back on his johnson. Calm down fellas.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

I dont know what you guys expected from him. He is 2nd banana to a guy who is Top 5 in the league right now.  If you look at Moore's actual NFL numbers he is basically top 20 in everything.  Bridgewater is top 10 in pass attempts and only 3 guys are gonna touch the ball( Robby, Moore and the rb whoever it is). I don't see the problem here, especially when considering other wrs in significantly worse situations. He took off last year and finished strong, which got people back on his johnson. Calm down fellas.

I guess some people are disappointed that they didnt get a high-end-WR2 with weekly WR1 upside. Sure the targets are down since weeks 1-2 but he is used to push the field so he gets good air yards per target. A few catches here and there and you get a nice 7-8 0.5ppr floor. He seems to be getting more in synch with Teddy so things can only improve from here. I firmly believe he will end up somewhere in the middle of the WR2 pack by the end of the season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

I guess some people are disappointed that they didnt get a high-end-WR2 with weekly WR1 upside. Sure the targets are down since weeks 1-2 but he is used to push the field so he gets good air yards per target. A few catches here and there and you get a nice 7-8 0.5ppr floor. He seems to be getting more in synch with Teddy so things can only improve from here. I firmly believe he will end up somewhere in the middle of the WR2 pack by the end of the season.

Everyone can't be a top 10 wr. It's only 10 guys. They act like the 11th place guy is garbage 😂 People have some lofty expectations honestly. 

I certainly drafted DJ with the expectation that he would be the clear cut WR1 on his team, and also take the next step on the fantasy totem pole.  None of that happened, so I've packaged him out.  Nothing against DJ because I think he has great talent.  I blame no one but myself.

• Like 1

Looking through the leaders at receiver somehow Moore is 12th in receiving yards and 19th in targets. Did not expect that to say the least. 

Edited by SnickSnack

2 hours ago, Chippa said:

Upcoming 8 point dud from Moore against Chicago

That’s the ceiling. Avoiding at all costs 

Edited by LAeagle

Talks about Bridgewater wanting to get the ball more to Samuel.... hmmm, no, get the ball to Moore doooosh! Anyways, this guy cant be trusted against Chicago. Then again, anything could happen. 

23 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Talks about Bridgewater wanting to get the ball more to Samuel.... hmmm, no, get the ball to Moore doooosh! Anyways, this guy cant be trusted against Chicago. Then again, anything could happen. 

Geesh what does he have against Moore? :( 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chippa said:

Upcoming 8 point dud from Moore against Chicago

Yeah I would fade if you have options but it’s a rough bye week 

What kind of coverage are opposing teams throwing at him? Are teams more focused on Moore or Anderson?

Edited by LAeagle

1 hour ago, LAeagle said:

What kind of coverage are opposing teams throwing at him? Are teams more focused on Moore or Anderson?

I remember in the first few weeks he had like 2 defenders on him in some of his catches. I think now with Anderson getting more looks/targets, Im sure opposing team may zero in on him? Im by no means an expert on how CBs and Safties do their jobs but if Anderson is used all around the formation and if DJ Moore is the field pusher along the permitter, I guess Moore may see less coverage?

last year he was great after contact but now looks like he's getting passes where he just gets stop once he catches the ball. other than the one play last week. if they can get him in more in open space i think he'd produce just fine. 

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

last year he was great after contact but now looks like he's getting passes where he just gets stop once he catches the ball. other than the one play last week. if they can get him in more in open space i think he'd produce just fine. 

They are to busy getting the ball to RA in open space. 

I was going to bench him today but now Curtis Samuel is out so he may be an option to start. 

35 minutes ago, dorwell said:

I was going to bench him today but now Curtis Samuel is out so he may be an option to start. 

Same boat, feels like a counter to the narrative game, I got a high upside WW flex WR who did well last week but Im wavering

To be honest I think people are too harsh on DJ Moore. He's WR25 right now. He's only averaging 2 points per game worse than last year. There is still a chance he is a WR2 long term.

5 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

To be honest I think people are too harsh on DJ Moore. He's WR25 right now. He's only averaging 2 points per game worse than last year. There is still a chance he is a WR2 long term.

I think we were all looking for WR2 with WR1 upside. Based on reports.  

That’s not happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

That’s not happening.

Exactly. Robby Anderson is the WR1 on the Panthers. 

39 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

That’s not happening.

Okay makes sense. [...] I'm happy with WR3 but if you are expecting WR1 production its not happening.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story