affliction

DJ Moore 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Bridgewater might be almost the perfect QB for him, given his tendency for accurate short-hitters which would allow Moore to fully display his YAC ability.

For this reason I'm high on everyone besides Samuel & Robby . 

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

I know this is the DJ Moore thread, but Julio Jones fantasy finishes in 0.5 PPR:

2019: WR4

2018: WR7 (missed being top 5 by 2 points)

2017: WR5

2016: WR8 (missed top 5 by 16 points - 1 point per game)

2015: WR1

I might be arguing semantics, but I wouldn't say Julio has had a HARD time getting to the top 5.  If he was getting TDs at the average rate of WRs, he would be the consensus #1 WR year in and year out.  

I don't think anyone is expecting double digit TDs out of DJ Moore, but maybe a bump up to the 6-8 range?  And I would argue Teddy B might be the best QB he's played with from an accuracy/intermediate passing standpoint, which is where Moore shines.  The only real competition I see for Moore is CMC.  Anderson is a deep threat and Samuel is a gadget player.  Moore had a 24.3% target share last year, which ranked #17 in the league.  So it's not like he was force fed tons of targets that won't be there this year.  

He is currently ranked as the WR13 on FP - he was the WR10 through Week 15 before he got hurt in Week 16.  I think Moore is pretty fairly priced, and maybe even a slight value.  I think I would draft him ahead of OBJ, Mike Evans, and JJSS - who are all ranked ahead of him.  

Yea it’s a little bit of semantics but hey were here to talk and debate.

In 2014 he was wr8 in Standard and WR6 in PPR (couldn’t find half ppr finish)

So in six years of having 1400 or more yards he’s been top 5 only three times which sounds crazy because he led the league in receiving yards 2 of those seasons and was the runner up in the other 4. So being a top 2 guy every year in yards and only being top five in fantasy only 50% time seems like he’s having a hard time to me but like ya said it’s all semantics. “Tomato-tomáto”

But back to my point DJ isn’t as good as Julio and probably never will be so instead of us talking about him cracking top5 it might only be top8-12??? Which is still good just capped. 

Hard to compare anyone to Julio, really. He’s just a different breed with his size coupled with his speed. There’s just not many guys built like him. But I absolutely believe DJ is every bit as good as Godwin and I think he’s going to have some top-5 finishes in his career. 

• Like 1

Moore will be just fine with Teddy at the helm. 

I feel great about this guy with Teddy. He is going HIGH though. I’m a big fan, and even top 25 makes me sick to my stomach. He does have a good chance to finish as a WR1 though, he can be the MT13 for Teddy. Short passes are the bread and butter for both of them. 

Bilgewater = no bueno, amigos ... if this kid slips to irresistible value, sure - but not feeling Tedward otherwise. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Bilgewater = no bueno, amigos ... if this kid slips to irresistible value, sure - but not feeling Tedward otherwise. 

You don’t think the two gloves can throw this kid 90 5 yard passes this year? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

You don’t think the two gloves can throw this kid 90 5 yard passes this year? 

:lol:

Moore is a legit beast. 

i'll give him that ... we'll see. 

• Like 1

DJ is a YAC machine and Teddy is still an upgrade over what they had last season. Accurate Short/Intermediate passes all day to CMC/DJ, Teddy finished with over 76% true completion percentage last season rank 4th in the league.

• Like 1

Thoughts? WR1 this year? I feel pretty good about him but the general consensus seems low. 

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Thoughts? WR1 this year? I feel pretty good about him but the general consensus seems low. 

General consensus seems too high to me, he's ranked around 10 everywhere in ppr.  I have him moved him back behind ridley and woods personally. They've added Robby Anderson and he has to deal with learning a new system and QB

23 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I like him this year with Teddy. He had no problem throwing to MT, so I think he can lock on to DJ a lot this year. And I know that DJ is not MT, just saying that DJ should get a a majority of the targets this season for CAR. 

27 minutes ago, scheibler said:

General consensus seems too high to me, he's ranked around 10 everywhere in ppr.  I have him moved him back behind ridley and woods personally. They've added Robby Anderson and he has to deal with learning a new system and QB

Anderson is a field stretching scrub. Teddy is going to pepper Moore with targets and he should see an uptick in TDs. No way I'm taking Ridley or Woods ahead in PPR.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Anderson is a field stretching scrub. Teddy is going to pepper Moore with targets and he should see an uptick in TDs. No way I'm taking Ridley or Woods ahead in PPR.

The new head coach coached Robby in college and went out and brought him into the Panthers. Moore should see a good amount of targets, but he's not the redzone threat that ridley is and has yet to put up the yards that woods does. I don't understand why the hype for Moore is so high this year? I'm not saying he's going to have a bad season, but there's other guys I'd prefer in his range. 

Edited by scheibler

38 minutes ago, scheibler said:

The new head coach coached Robby in college and went out and brought him into the Panthers. Moore should see a good amount of targets, but he's not the redzone threat that ridley is and has yet to put up the yards that woods does. I don't understand why the hype for Moore is so high this year? I'm not saying he's going to have a bad season, but there's other guys I'd prefer in his range. 

I'd guess there's a good amount of enthusiasm behind Moore that comes from the dynasty community, since he's so young for a 3rd year player and already has nearly 2k yards on his resume. He checks all the boxes for dynasty as someone who will have a long stretch of high end production. I think sometimes players like this do get inflated in redraft. 

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Anderson is a field stretching scrub. 

People who bring up Robby forget to mention this point.  

• Like 1

Absolute stud. Should push for 100 receptions this year. If I go rb heavy, I’d be elated to have him as my WR1. Not worried in the least about Robby Anderson lol 

• Like 1

My main concern with him is not his skills but his usage and (potentially) his QB.  Bridgewater should be an upgrade but looking at highlights for Moore from last season, his routes were mostly underneath...so great for receptions and yardage - but not necessarily for chunk plays and TDs.  In 2019 most of his catches went for 10 yds.  He had 1 reception of 20 yds and 1 for 21 (none for more than 21 yds).  Teddy B may or may not change that.  As for RZ TDs, hard to say.  They could go up or it might be mostly CMC and taller targets (Moore is listed at 5-11).

Since TDs can be hard to predict, I could be wrong.  But a lack of TDs could keep him from ranking too high.  Like Keenan Allen, but maybe with fewer TDs (Moore had 4 last year...Allen had 6 each of the last 3 years).

Maybe in full PPR this is not a big deal.  Or if your league counts first downs.

I'm out on all panthers minus CMC. Moore should be ok, but this team is going to be bad, probably worse than last year considering the defense is absolute trash.

New QB, new coach, new WR, new defensive pieces, all in a crazy short off-season with no prep, nothing.

It's a lot to ask for. 

26 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'm out on all panthers minus CMC. Moore should be ok, but this team is going to be bad, probably worse than last year considering the defense is absolute trash.

New QB, new coach, new WR, new defensive pieces, all in a crazy short off-season with no prep, nothing.

It's a lot to ask for. 

Lots of garbage time points to be had.

• Like 4

On 6/4/2020 at 12:23 PM, Jwook said:

Interestingly this article references Matt harmons work while ignoring that Harmon charts moore as an average route runner where as Curtis Samuel is constantly in the top %tile of success vs man coverage. 

I like moore, I really do. But it’s annoying to see so many people confuse talent with production. Hopefully he takes a step forwards this year and is “moore” than an elite yac guy

PPR gold in where you can get him.

Here is where I have The top receivers and against adp...PPR 1 point. (Thanks to Silva)

Moore is a nice PPR pickup for me after I hammer RB's in rounds 1 and 2. Got him 32 (1/2)  and 35 (full)  in drafts over the last 24 hours. I am not a Hopkins fan this year.

Name                      Rank                           WR POS Rank              ADP                        ADP WR POS Rank        ADP Diff

Michael Thomas 5 WR1 5 WR1 0    
Davante Adams 8 WR 2 11 WR2 3    
Tyreek Hill 11 WR 3 15 WR4 4    
Julio Jones 13 WR 4 16 WR5 3    
Chris Godwin 17 WR 5 19 WR6 2    
D.J. Moore 20 WR 6 30 WR10 10