Rotoworld.com Forums

DJ Moore 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, mikepferrara said:

He’s a good player, but he’s not a true target hog like we expected him to be. The addition of Anderson hasn’t helped him. Might bench this week in favour of Lazard.

Hes gotten 26 targets in 3 games, 9 targets per game. 144 target pace. I will take that all day and twice on Sunday.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He literally said "Not comparing Moore to Thomas but Teddy can feed his #1 receiver". He's just saying DJ is the main target and all Teddy has to do is complete the little short stuff that DJ is alrea

*Looks at menu* May I have Moore, please? Hold the Bridgewater.

Let's also not undersell the hiring of Joe Brady as OC.  He learned under Sean Payton as an Offensive Assistant Coach in NO for 2 seasons (17-18) and just led the LSU passing attack to one of the best

Posted Images

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Hes gotten 26 targets in 3 games, 9 targets per game. 144 target pace. I will take that all day and twice on Sunday.

Not when it’s 15 targets one game and 4 the next. It’s about efficiency. Last year he got 135 targets from Kyle Allen, I expect him to finish around the same as a middle of the pack WR2. The biggest problem is that he was going ahead of a lot of the WR in the draft who have gone off are in the overall top scoring so far heading in to week 4. Lots of time left but there’s reason to be skeptical. 

53 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I hate everything about owning this player.  I curse the fantasy gods that Mike Evans never fell to me and myself that I didn't have the balls to take Ridley.

Mike Evans, really? He had four targets last week, two just happened to be tds. 1 catch week 1 and it was a td. Talk about fluky. Give me DJM all day, even with Godwin being out. 

I definitely think better days are ahead. The first week clearly showed that he wasn't on the same page with Teddy Bridgewater. The second week showed what he's really capable of. The third week was a weird game script which shouldn't be the norm for the Panthers this season. 

This coming week should be telling. Kyler Murray and Hopkins will most likely put up a ton of points. If DJ Moore still isn't commanding the lion's share of the targets and being productive with them, I may cut bait and move on.

Edited by jpark211
2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Mike Evans, really? He had four targets last week, two just happened to be tds. 1 catch week 1 and it was a td. Talk about fluky. Give me DJM all day, even with Godwin being out. 

Evans has had 6 straight seasons of 1,000 yards receiving.  Fluky he is not.

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Evans has had 6 straight seasons of 1,000 yards receiving.  Fluky he is not.

Yes, but that was with gunslinger Jameis in town, tossing the ball willy-nilly all over the field.  Little different offense with TB in town.  Mike's barely got 100 yards through three games.  

4 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

In what world can you cut a guy in his third year coming off a 1200 yard season three games into the season haha?  Like, who are you cutting him for?  

Probably chasing Jefferson and Higgins points last Sunday.

5 hours ago, mikepferrara said:

Not when it’s 15 targets one game and 4 the next. It’s about efficiency. Last year he got 135 targets from Kyle Allen, I expect him to finish around the same as a middle of the pack WR2. The biggest problem is that he was going ahead of a lot of the WR in the draft who have gone off are in the overall top scoring so far heading in to week 4. Lots of time left but there’s reason to be skeptical. 

I mean we can play that game all day long. Sure you could of had Ridley, AROB, Amari Cooper or Evans (who is greatly benefitting from Godwin's injury and is extremely TD dependent). However, lets look at other guys picked around DJ Moore and tell me if you rather have them over DJ.

Godwin?

OBJ?

Golloday?

Sutton?

Kittle?

Kupp basically doing the same as DJ Moore?

AJ Brown?

Ju Ju? TD dependent 

McClaurin- same stats as DJ

Woods? similar stats as DJ

Thielen- Heavily td dependent (but I like him more than )

As you said it is early and they will be behind ALOT in that division. He plays almost every snap (88% last week), he will be fine as in a top 15 wr. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
33 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

In what world can you cut a guy in his third year coming off a 1200 yard season three games into the season haha?  Like, who are you cutting him for?  

Trading him for another WR, that's what I meant. Human psychology is interesting in that people tend to be really tied to history which creates a lot of bias. I try to see what's presented in the current situation, assess the pros/cons and ultimately make an informed decision regarding the future. Isn't that what FFB is about? It's been a flukey season for sure but so far the results don't look great given where a lot of people drafted him. There were a lot of risks given the new QB, coaching staff, etc. But you know what, sometimes you just gotta cut your losses and move on to greener pastures if your investment doesn't pan out. Im willing to give this guy another week in what is expected to be negative game scrip for the Panthers. If he still doesn't produce, that should sound alarms (at least in my book). Because some people still think highly of him given his performance last season, he should still have some value which should result in a not too bad trade in case he doesn't perform. That's just my thinking here, take it how you will.

Edited by jpark211
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Yes, but that was with gunslinger Jameis in town, tossing the ball willy-nilly all over the field.  Little different offense with TB in town.  Mike's barely got 100 yards through three games.  

Give it time.  Lattimore didn't blank him like he did last year but still got the better of him, and he's been recovering from the hamstring.

If it's a question of QBs, I'd take Brady all day over Bridgewater.