Rotoworld.com Forums

DJ Moore 2020 Outlook

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He literally said "Not comparing Moore to Thomas but Teddy can feed his #1 receiver". He's just saying DJ is the main target and all Teddy has to do is complete the little short stuff that DJ is alrea

*Looks at menu* May I have Moore, please? Hold the Bridgewater.

Let's also not undersell the hiring of Joe Brady as OC.  He learned under Sean Payton as an Offensive Assistant Coach in NO for 2 seasons (17-18) and just led the LSU passing attack to one of the best

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

What are you talking about? I'm not sure where I got 38 but point still stands. Take away week 4 where coverage dicated targets, and Moore has more targets. Proclaiming after that (1) week that Anderson is now their WR1 is hilarious.

Week 1: Moore 9, Anderson 8

Week 2: Moore 13, Anderson 10

Week 3: Moore 4, Anderson 5

Week 4: Moore 6, Anderson 11

You're in some serious denial there, bud. Take away week 4, the most recent and thus relevant one, why? Because it helps your narrative? All the weeks count, and asking people to arbitrarily ignore 25% of the current data is never going to help you win an argument. 

Being WR1 isn't just about targets, though. It also means being the most productive WR on the team. It's quite frankly insane to say a guy with 10 fewer catches, 90 fewer yards, 1 fewer TD, and 2 fewer targets than his teammate after a month of football is the WR1 of his team. 

By the way, Anderson leads all of those productivity stats not just in reality, but also in your arbitrarily-deleted-week-4 alternate universe. So you can continue with your "why, just cuz of week 4?!" nonsense, but that's exactly what it is. 

This could easily change as the season progresses, but the stone cold fact is that Anderson is, by any reasonable measure, the Carolina WR1 after 4 games. 

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

You're in some serious denial there, bud. Take away week 4, the most recent and thus relevant one, why? Because it helps your narrative? All the weeks count, and asking people to arbitrarily ignore 25% of the current data is never going to help you win an argument. 

Being WR1 isn't just about targets, though. It also means being the most productive WR on the team. It's quite frankly insane to say a guy with 10 fewer catches, 90 fewer yards, 1 fewer TD, and 2 fewer targets than his teammate after a month of football is the WR1 of his team. 

By the way, Anderson leads all of those productivity stats not just in reality, but also in your arbitrarily-deleted-week-4 alternate universe. So you can continue with your "why, just cuz of week 4?!" nonsense, but that's exactly what it is. 

This could easily change as the season progresses, but the stone cold fact is that Anderson is, by any reasonable measure, the Carolina WR1 after 4 games. 

I never said to “take out week 4” bro. I have clearly said that basing this new proclamation that Anderson is new WR1 in Carolina just because he had more targets in 1 week is silly and reeks of recency bias and small sample size.

I have zero shares of either so it seems like I’m the only one offering a take without any bias.

See me at the end of the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

I never said to “take out week 4” bro. I have clearly said that basing this new proclamation that Anderson is new WR1 in Carolina just because he had more targets in 1 week is silly and reeks of recency bias and small sample size.

I have zero shares of either so it seems like I’m the only one offering a take without any bias.

See me at the end of the season.

I don't either. In fact, if anything I'm biased against Robby Anderson, because I've said for years now that he sucks and made fun of my friend for drafting him. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

I don't either. In fact, if anything I'm biased against Robby Anderson, because I've said for years now that he sucks and made fun of my friend for drafting him. 

Dont try and argue or give your points with this man. He believes DJ Moore is the 1 here, thats his opinion. It can be a bad take, but he'll have to see next week and then make another one

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Dont try and argue or give your points with this man. He believes DJ Moore is the 1 here, thats his opinion. It can be a bad take, but he'll have to see next week and then make another one

LOL ok man, way to not fully understand my point... We'll revisit at the end of the season once the sample size is a bit larger.

Look for Moore to beat man coverage and get the ball I say 6-7-8 times for about 80 yards, gotta hope for a TD but this might be the good get right game for him.

Hope the falcons take an early 14-0 lead.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

The problem with Moore this season is that it looks like Robby Anderson is Teddy Bridgewater's preferred target.  Hopefully that changes in the coming games.

I was reading somewhere a few weeks ago that DJ Moore is used more to push the field down while Anderson gets the shorter intermediate passes. If this trend continues, Moore is only valuable as long as they're trailing. What's been puzzling over the last two weeks were that they were able to stay on top. Hopefully the team itself will continue to trail and provide a boost to Moore's current value

• Like 1