FollowTheLeader

2020 Completed Trades Thread

Just to give some kind of idea what the trade market is right now, I traded Davante Adams for Claypool, R. Woods and D. Montgomery (not sure if this should be posted here or elsewhere)

Now before I start, I just want to say I am not a fan of the veto system. If two managers agree on a trade, then that's that. However, a dude in my league just broke that resolve when he made the following trades. I don't think we can do anything this year, but what can we do to ensure that there are better outcomes than this next year (aside from simply replacing the manager with a better one)?

Team 1: Trades away DK Metcalf to Team X and gets Ronald Jones and Jerry Jeudy 

Team 1: Trades away Julio Jones to Team Y for Devonte Freeman, Darius Slayton and Tyler Boyd

So Team 1 isn't setting his lineup (played Peyton Barber and Julio Week 3) and he's 1-5. The first trade seemed okay because Team 1 needed an RB2, but the second trade literally made his team worse. His starting lineup would basically replace Julio with either Freeman, Slayton or Boyd. The other remaining players will just add depth.

Would appreciate the insight if you guys can spare any.

12 man .5 PPR league - I am currently 4-2

I traded away:

Tannehill, Leviska Shenault, Devin Singletary, Alshon Jeffery

I got:

Devonta Freeman, Allen Robinson II, Zach Ertz

Current Team outside of trade:

QB: Russel Wilson

RB: Derrick Henry, James Robinson, D'ernest Johnson

WR: Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, DeVante Parker, Tim Parker

TE: George Kittle

Defense: Steelers, Chiefs

K: Lutz

I feel like I won this trade given the rest of my team. What say you

54 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

12 man .5 PPR league - I am currently 4-2

I traded away:

Tannehill, Leviska Shenault, Devin Singletary, Alshon Jeffery

I got:

Devonta Freeman, Allen Robinson II, Zach Ertz

Current Team outside of trade:

QB: Russel Wilson

RB: Derrick Henry, James Robinson, D'ernest Johnson

WR: Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, DeVante Parker, Tim Parker

TE: George Kittle

Defense: Steelers, Chiefs

K: Lutz

I feel like I won this trade given the rest of my team. What say you

Yeah I agree, your starting lineup gets better from this. Tannehill has standalone value so makes sense to sell him to someone who needs him.

I just traded Derrick Henry for late 1sts in each of the next two drafts in a superflex 0.5 PPR dynasty league. Also traded Dalton for a late 2nd a few days ago so I'm in a full rebuild at this point. Would have been nice to get more for Henry, but I really needed to retool as I was not in serious contention. I now have two 1sts and two 2nds in both 2021 and 2022.

Trade my Elliot, Edelman, Graham for Hopkins, Gordon, Gronk? My team's hurting! Check it out!

3 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

Trade my Elliot, Edelman, Graham for Hopkins, Gordon, Gronk? My team's hurting! Check it out!

Read the sign

BCDBCCA2-E8C7-4A46-B113-5C3B0F7392ED.jpeg

Just finished a trade

I traded:

DJ Chark, James Robinson

I got:

Aaron Jones

Team outside of the trade

QB: Ryan Tannehill

Rb: Alvin Kamara, James Conner

WR: Kenny Golladay, AJ Brown, Travis Fulgham, Henry Ruggs, Cole Beasley

TE: Hunter Henry

Def: Tampa Bay

I'm not sure if I need to sit and wait or try and move Jones or Conner for a better WR +depth. 

42 minutes ago, Firefly66513 said:

Just finished a trade

I traded:

DJ Chark, James Robinson

I got:

Aaron Jones

Team outside of the trade

QB: Ryan Tannehill

Rb: Alvin Kamara, James Conner

WR: Kenny Golladay, AJ Brown, Travis Fulgham, Henry Ruggs, Cole Beasley

TE: Hunter Henry

Def: Tampa Bay

I'm not sure if I need to sit and wait or try and move Jones or Conner for a better WR +depth. 

Definitely sit and wait assuming you start a flex–Kamara/Jones/Conner is a pretty ridiculous RB group unless this is an 8-team league or something. I thought I was doing great with Jones/Chubb/Carson but that's probably even better. Of course if you can get a good value then I would take it, but I don't think you need to make any urgent moves—wait for a deal to come to you. I would target guys like Cooks, McLaurin, and Crowder, although Cooks might not be a buy low anymore after the last two games. Maybe you could give away Conner for someone like Gurley, David Johnson, or Montgomery, plus one of those guys or another WR2/3? Hard to find the right value there, but personally I would be holding Kamara and Jones unless someone is willing to offer the farm for one of them.

Just completed in my 12-team standard keeper league, each team gets up to 4 keepers (the league in my signature): got D'andre Swift (1st round keeper next year, so not much future value), a 2022 6th, and a 2021 12th for my 2021 4th. I already sold my 2021 6th so I am shooting for a top-3 pick to be at the end of the even-numbered rounds. Feels like an absolute steal and one of my best trades in years—Swift and a 12th to move down ~15 to 25 picks—hopefully this redeems the Hopkins deal that @FitzMagicand co thought was a taco trade

Edited by ilikepieman

5 minutes ago, ilikepieman said:

Definitely sit and wait assuming you start a flex–Kamara/Jones/Conner is a pretty ridiculous RB group unless this is an 8-team league or something. I thought I was doing great with Jones/Chubb/Carson but that's probably even better. Of course if you can get a good value then I would take it, but I don't think you need to make any urgent moves—wait for a deal to come to you. I would target guys like Cooks, McLaurin, and Crowder, although Cooks might not be a buy low anymore after the last two games. Maybe you could give away Conner for someone like Gurley, David Johnson, or Montgomery, plus one of those guys or another WR2/3? Hard to find the right value there, but personally I would be holding Kamara and Jones unless someone is willing to offer the farm for one of them.

Just completed in my 12-team standard keeper league, each team gets up to 4 keepers (the league in my signature): got D'andre Swift (1st round keeper next year, so not much future value), a 2022 6th, and a 2021 12th for my 2021 4th. I already sold my 2021 6th so I am shooting for a top-3 pick to be at the end of the even-numbered rounds. Feels like an absolute steal and one of my best trades in years—Swift and a 12th to move down ~15 to 25 picks—hopefully this redeems the Hopkins deal that @FitzMagicand co thought was a taco trade

It's a 12 team half PPR league. I really wasn't expecting my trade for Jones to get accepted but it did. No flex though, 2 RBs and 3 WRs

That's a solid trade to build your future for sure. Getting rid of Hopkins is still tough to swallow

30 minutes ago, Firefly66513 said:

It's a 12 team half PPR league. I really wasn't expecting my trade for Jones to get accepted but it did. No flex though, 2 RBs and 3 WRs

That's a solid trade to build your future for sure. Getting rid of Hopkins is still tough to swallow

Oh if there’s no flex then maybe Conner is worth selling. Still depends on the value though. And I got Hopkins in the trade I mentioned, I posted it in this thread a few days ago. Couple people thought I overpaid and maybe they’re right, guess we’ll know for sure in a couple months

So this is an 8 team PPR redraft league. One guy is 5-1, another guy is 1-5. I look at this trade (mostly the timing of it) and shake my head.

1-5 team trades: Christian McCaffery and Chase Claypool

5-1 team trades: David Johnson, Terry McLaurin, Melvin Gordon

There's parts of the trade I get obviously. I actually think Claypool is a viable sell-high in season long with Johnson due back, and I think McLaurin is a great buy low now that he escapes the shadow coverage hell he has been stuck in for 5 weeks. But why in the world would you trade McCaffery now if you held him until literally the week before he is due back? And, if you trade him at this point, you should get a heck of a lot more value back than David Johnson and Melvin Gordon imo. Also, why would you take Melvin Gordon in a trade where you're giving up the best RB in PPR when Gordon is going to almost assuredly get suspended for at least two games (I'm pretty confident in that assertion considering the circumstances of his DUI) in mid-November when CMC would have been back up to a full workload for you? Am I crazy for looking at that trade and having some reservations about the motivations of the guys trading? I don't believe in vetoing, and I won't veto in this case either. But the timing is just so strange on so many levels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SMP1993 said:

So this is an 8 team PPR redraft league. One guy is 5-1, another guy is 1-5. I look at this trade (mostly the timing of it) and shake my head.

1-5 team trades: Christian McCaffery and Chase Claypool

5-1 team trades: David Johnson, Terry McLaurin, Melvin Gordon

There's parts of the trade I get obviously. I actually think Claypool is a viable sell-high in season long with Johnson due back, and I think McLaurin is a great buy low now that he escapes the shadow coverage hell he has been stuck in for 5 weeks. But why in the world would you trade McCaffery now if you held him until literally the week before he is due back? And, if you trade him at this point, you should get a heck of a lot more value back than David Johnson and Melvin Gordon imo. Also, why would you take Melvin Gordon in a trade where you're giving up the best RB in PPR when Gordon is going to almost assuredly get suspended for at least two games (I'm pretty confident in that assertion considering the circumstances of his DUI) in mid-November when CMC would have been back up to a full workload for you? Am I crazy for looking at that trade and having some reservations about the motivations of the guys trading? I don't believe in vetoing, and I won't veto in this case either. But the timing is just so strange on so many levels.

Agree. Most would have asked for a top 10 RB or WR, in exchange for CMC, since he is close to returning. 

12 team, ppr: Gave Edelman & Singletary & received AJ Brown. 

My other RB: Mixon, CEH, Swift, D Freeman, Lindsay   WR: K Allen, Moore, Landry. Play qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex, te, def, k

Made this trade yesterday morning. 
full point PPR. 

gave away Josh jacobs, Tyler Boyd and James white for 

Michael Thomas and Antonio Gibson. 

did i mess up? The trade was accepted in the morning only for me to find out 5 hours later that Michael Thomas had a hamstring injury 🤦🏽‍♂️

im left with Joe mixon, D swift, A.gibson, D.freeman as my RB 

my WR core is MT, Arob, Chark and cooks 

Edited by HOF12

Has anyone in their leagues seen any trades involving one of the top tier TEs? (Kelce, Kittle... maybe Waller, Andrews)

I don't know if it is just me, but this year more than what I have noticed previously has seemed extra dependent and mediocre. I am wanting to gauge value

Gave away Kenyan Drake/Adam Thielen/Robert Tonyan

Recieved Miles Sanders/Allen Robinson/DJ Moore

Full PPR scoring. I'm currently 3rd to last at 2-4 on a 4 game losing streak. 

My RBs are now Aaron Jones, J. Taylor, Sanders, Moss, Gibson

WRs are A. Robinson, JuJu, Chark, Moore, Green (just picked him up)

TE is Hunter Henry 

Thoughts?

17 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

Agree. Most would have asked for a top 10 RB or WR, in exchange for CMC, since he is close to returning. 

12 team, ppr: Gave Edelman & Singletary & received AJ Brown. 

My other RB: Mixon, CEH, Swift, D Freeman, Lindsay   WR: K Allen, Moore, Landry. Play qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex, te, def, k

I think you got the best player in the trade in AJ Brown, so I'm ok with it. I feel bad for you though. The last few weeks have not been kind to you at all in terms of injuries, signings, and the like.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

TE is Hunter Henry 

Thoughts?

I think you won this trade decisively if I'm being honest. Jefferson's emergence and Cousins decline cap Theilen's ceiling in an offense that is still going to be extremely run heavy, Kenyan Drake isn't at all involved in Arizona's passing attack, and I personally think Tonyan was a flash in the pan who won't be fantasy relevant more than 1 or 2 more times this year now that he's the 4th option in that offense (at best). Meanwhile Robinson is on pace to push 140 targets by season's end, Miles Sanders has an incredibly soft schedule after the bye next week, and DJ Moore just got 11 targets last week against a tough Bears D and is near the top of the league in every metric that indicates positive progression in terms of fantasy output. Pat yourself on the back, because I think you may have just saved your season with this one.

Edited by SMP1993
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, csv2209 said:

Has anyone in their leagues seen any trades involving one of the top tier TEs? (Kelce, Kittle... maybe Waller, Andrews)

I don't know if it is just me, but this year more than what I have noticed previously has seemed extra dependent and mediocre. I am wanting to gauge value

2 teams in our league just made the following trade:

Team A receives: Mahomes, Chark, & Waller

Team B receives: Kyler, Gaskin, & Engram - this team desperately needed a RB, as he only has Monty & Burkhead.

QB's wash each other out, so basically it's Waller & Chark for Engram & Gaskin. 

• Thanks 1

Just completed my first trade of the year

In: D.K. Metcalf, T.J. Hockenson

Out: James Robinson, Chase Claypool, Cooper Kupp

lineup now looks like:

Brady

Mixon, Mike Davis, Antonio Gibson

Julio, Metcalf, D.J, Moore

Jonnu Smith, Hockenson

Pissed that I gave up so much but oh well. Metcalf's a beast and I hadsome extra depth to burn

18 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

TE is Hunter Henry 

Thoughts?

I like the deal, you are getting some solid WR depth in case Juju doesn't recovere 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, Thrill22 said:

Gave: Russ Wilson and DaVante Parker

Got: M. Stafford and Michael Thomas

Ouch. That’s not good. 

6 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Just completed my first trade of the year

In: D.K. Metcalf, T.J. Hockenson

Out: James Robinson, Chase Claypool, Cooper Kupp

Any thoughts on this? Best player in the deal goes to me so I'm happy with it. Pretty fair trade overall I think

3 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Any thoughts on this? Best player in the deal goes to me so I'm happy with it. Pretty fair trade overall I think

Like DK over those 2, plus you get a solid TE. If you are good at RB, then I like that deal. 

Have A Jones, so traded Kelley & Dobbins for J Williams. Thoughts?

Other guy has J Jackson, so it kind of helps both. Plus I figured it opens a spot up, so I can stash Perine, Hasty, or another player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Like DK over those 2, plus you get a solid TE. If you are good at RB, then I like that deal. 

Have A Jones, so traded Kelley & Dobbins for J Williams. Thoughts?

Other guy has J Jackson, so it kind of helps both. Plus I figured it opens a spot up, so I can stash Perine, Hasty, or another player. 

I got solid depth at RB nothing amazing nothing terrible. Appreciate your thoughts!

As for your deal I like that you got Williams to insure your A.Jones but think you may have given up a tad too much. Trade could easily still work out in your favor though if Jones misses a couple weeks and Dobbins doesn't materialize into something valuable. 

• Like 1