colepenhagen

Frankie Montas 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Scratched today.  Anyone know if it's serious?

Rumor has it, there's a chance he could be IL'd. might take a day or two to see. Source Rotoworld blurb.

So I replaced him with Chatwood, now he has been scratched. 

27 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Please start Sunday.

I need you man!!!

Wishful thinking, I'd love to have him pitch on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Topgun said:

Wishful thinking, I'd love to have him pitch on Sunday.

Could even be back tomorrow.

ESPN has him listed as the starter tomorrow, FWIW.

20 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

ESPN has him listed as the starter tomorrow, FWIW.

Melvin has already stated that Manaea will pitch today. Montas has a shot at pitching tomorrow (Sunday). 

• Thanks 1

Great start today Frankie.  Thanks a lot for the implosion.  My WHIP and ERA truly appreciate it.  💩💩💩

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, VedderMan said:

Great start today Frankie.  Thanks a lot for the implosion.  My WHIP and ERA truly appreciate it.  💩💩💩

To be honest, I believe it's our fault, he' was coming off a minor injury, We shouldn't have started him,

he has 2 starts this week, maybe we should have settled for 1, your thoughts?

Edited by Topgun

If the injury lingers we are screwed. Otherwise chalk it up to a bad outing. No command. Too much of the plate or way off the plate.

Anyone watch it?  Was his velo down?  Did he look uncomfortable?  Or, was it just "one of those days"?

Velo was fine - he wasn’t mixing his pitches at all (only FB/Splitter) and wasn’t getting calls on the edges.  He got frustrated and stopped trying to hit spots.  And looked too strong after a long layoff and was over-throwing.

Horrible horrible start best forgotten entirely.

• Like 1

Might regret this, but I'm cutting bait after the poor performance today.  Cannot bench him and I am done watching this guy destroy my ERA and WHIP

Could be mechanics due to back injury. He is back to pre2019 Montas.

Padres next... Hard to trust him. 

What do you guys honestly expect ROS ?

I was curious who feels he will rebound vs continuing to struggle ROS dealing with his nagging injury. His start against SD may or may not tell us a whole lot as lots of SP's struggled against them, but certainly a QS would instill some confidence going ahead nonetheless. 

Just now, tonywow said:

I was curious who feels he will rebound vs continuing to struggle ROS dealing with his nagging injury. His start against SD may or may not tell us a whole lot as lots of SP's struggled against them, but certainly a QS would instill some confidence going ahead nonetheless. 

I believe he is injured, and should be considered un-startable in my opinion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonywow said:

It's gotta be the back thing, right?  He was so good last year, albeit in just under 100 innings.

Was rolling this year, then the back thing, and he's totally derailed.

As to what I'm expecting ROS?  An IL stint probably.  Oakland is going to coast into a playoff spot and they'd be better served just letting him rest for a couple weeks to get that back right.

For fantasy purposes, he's probably droppable in 10 & 12 team redrafts.

• Like 1

Aight who gonna roll him out there vs hou?

Vs. SD definitely no, but those cheaters in TX presumably aren't cheating anymore. They are beatable IF Montas regains some command.

1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

Aight who gonna roll him out there vs hou?

Vs. SD definitely no, but those cheaters in TX presumably aren't cheating anymore. They are beatable IF Montas regains some command.

Last outing was against HOU and he was awful. He’s firmly on my bench until I see some positives. 

On 9/6/2020 at 7:32 PM, Backdoor Slider said:

Last outing was against HOU and he was awful. He’s firmly on my bench until I see some positives. 

I was hesitant to start him, but I did. Had a fairly decent outing vs Houston. 5 IP, 6 Hits, 1 BB, 4 K's, 2 ER, and the Win. I'll take it compared to where he's been.

1 hour ago, Team Dynasty said:

I was hesitant to start him, but I did. Had a fairly decent outing vs Houston. 5 IP, 6 Hits, 1 BB, 4 K's, 2 ER, and the Win. I'll take it compared to where he's been.

I have a bye this week, wouldn't have started him regardless. I own him in a QS league, 

he pitched well, still not the same  Montas pre-injury, but he's getting there. Hope he has

a good off-season, and returns strong in 2021.