Sign in to follow this  
dontclapGonorrhea

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

His first year with the Browns wasn't anything spectacular and in Full Point PPR he finished as wide receiver 25. Does the hiring of Stefanski hurt or help this talented offense. Now he has a warrant for Simple Battery. Is he draft able or more avoidable at this point in his career.

He's still one of the most talented WR in the NFL and shouldn't go later than the 3rd or early 4th round.

This is one those guys that if you owned him last year you will fade. I’ll let another owner pick him up and reap the rewards or suffer like I did. 

I don’t like the coaching move the browns made and baker is still the qb. 

Any chance he gets suspended for being filmed handing out wads of cash to his NCAA colleagues or naaahhhh

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

Any chance he gets suspended for being filmed handing out wads of cash to his NCAA colleagues or naaahhhh

What’s wrong with giving money away?

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

It's an NCAA violation for the players to accept it, but it's technically not illegal for him to give it. No reason for a suspension unless Goodell claims that it's "conduct detrimental" to the integrity of the NFL.

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

He is in bigger trouble for slapping someone’s a**. Especially when they are money hungry and will sue you for a quick buck. 

Anyway, OBJ and Baker need to just win first before they can be cocky about anything. 

On the field though, his production will be improving for sure with a new coach. Kitchens was in over his head. 

9 hours ago, ginocan said:

He is in bigger trouble for slapping someone’s a**. Especially when they are money hungry and will sue you for a quick buck. 

Anyway, OBJ and Baker need to just win first before they can be cocky about anything. 

On the field though, his production will be improving for sure with a new coach. Kitchens was in over his head. 

Who's to say Stefanski won't be?  I would think the Browns would learn from their mistakes but chose to go with the first time head coach again.  Kitchens and Stefanski both have similar career paths - started out in college, then worked through various position coaches in the NFL, one year as an OC, and then Head Coach.  

Stefanski actually worries me a bit because the Vikings had Kubiak to help with the run game coordination.  How much did Stefanski actually do?  Did he call plays? Genuine questions because I don't know.  The Vikings were 30th in pass attempts last year and 23rd in passing yards.  Cleveland this year was actually ahead of them in both departments - 19th in attempts and 22nd in yards.  

Do we think Stefanski brings the running game focus to Cleveland, or was that because of Zimmer and Kubiak?

I honestly have on clue what to think here.  The talent of OBJ is obviously off the charts, but it's been a few years now since we've seen him produce at a top level either due to lack of production or injury.  To me, OBJ is the perfect guy to grab around the 4th round.  Get my 2 RBs squared away, get a reliable WR1, and then grab OBJ as the upside WR2.  

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

Cleveland's offense actually has a similar build to the Vikings that Stefanski was just on. Chubb, OBJ, Landry is comparable to Cook, Diggs, Thielen. Only wildcard is Baker and whether he can actually take a step forward. Maybe Njoku finally makes the leap too. 

15 hours ago, lolcopter said:

prime example of why paying WRs big money is a dumb idea

Michael Thomas being the exception?

18 hours ago, affliction said:

This is one those guys that if you owned him last year you will fade. I’ll let another owner pick him up and reap the rewards or suffer like I did. 

I don’t like the coaching move the browns made and baker is still the qb. 

I'd always avoided him because of the seemingly constant injuries.  This last season, I convinced myself that he wasn't injury prone and he'd be fantastic with Baker.

But once again, he apparently had nagging injuries all year.    Combine that with Landry being another very good receiving option (especially in the redzone) and having a decent running game.    I can't see me taking him as my WR1.  

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

Cleveland's offense actually has a similar build to the Vikings that Stefanski was just on. Chubb, OBJ, Landry is comparable to Cook, Diggs, Thielen. Only wildcard is Baker and whether he can actually take a step forward. Maybe Njoku finally makes the leap too. 

The wild card is that the top of the Cleveland organization is run by absolute morons. The team is a circus. Clearly nothing has changed with Odell walking around slapping a cops a**. 

59 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The wild card is that the top of the Cleveland organization is run by absolute morons. The team is a circus. Clearly nothing has changed with Odell walking around slapping a cops a**. 

Not as to the a** slapping but for the rest, OBJ is pretty much the Karl Malone of the NFL.   And excluding the teen stuff with Malone.

Edited by K197040

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Not as to the a** slapping but for the rest, OBJ is pretty much the Karl Malone of the NFL.   And excluding the teen stuff with Malone.

I’m surprised more people don’t know how absolute massive a scumbag and POS Malone was. 

18 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I’m surprised more people don’t know how absolute massive a scumbag and POS Malone was. 

Pre internets I suppose.   And probably a big reason why he seems to have kept out of the spotlight.

Edited by K197040

He’s mediocre without Eli. 

My response to Evan Silva and all the Giants haters who thought Baker was an upgrade over Eli

2389133-4949054815-micha.gif

1 hour ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Contemplating trading in dynasty. Turns 28 during next season and if you can get a younger WR w/ a pick I’d do it. 

Probably the right move; I just don’t like selling low in dynasty (I own him in one of my leagues). 

If he gets healthy (core muscle injury) and does anything at the beginning of next season, you’ll probably get a lot more than if you sell now. Then again, he may just do something dumb between now and then to lower his value.

10 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Contemplating trading in dynasty. Turns 28 during next season and if you can get a younger WR w/ a pick I’d do it. 

This is what I'm trying to do...Nobody is biting yet though

It would be suicidal imo to sell him now. No one is offering anything of value for him so there's no math I'm aware of that turns that into a good move for the Beckham owner.

He's a had a couple of down years - imo there's no reason to believe he can't come out next year in the prime of his career and have a nice season. The smart play here is to hold and let him rehab his value.

On 1/17/2020 at 9:30 AM, Fort4242 said:

Who's to say Stefanski won't be?  I would think the Browns would learn from their mistakes but chose to go with the first time head coach again.  Kitchens and Stefanski both have similar career paths - started out in college, then worked through various position coaches in the NFL, one year as an OC, and then Head Coach.  

Stefanski actually worries me a bit because the Vikings had Kubiak to help with the run game coordination.  How much did Stefanski actually do?  Did he call plays? Genuine questions because I don't know.  The Vikings were 30th in pass attempts last year and 23rd in passing yards.  Cleveland this year was actually ahead of them in both departments - 19th in attempts and 22nd in yards.  

Do we think Stefanski brings the running game focus to Cleveland, or was that because of Zimmer and Kubiak?

I honestly have on clue what to think here.  The talent of OBJ is obviously off the charts, but it's been a few years now since we've seen him produce at a top level either due to lack of production or injury.  To me, OBJ is the perfect guy to grab around the 4th round.  Get my 2 RBs squared away, get a reliable WR1, and then grab OBJ as the upside WR2.  

Yeah I think the Browns should have went after a coach with a resume. I thought Rivera was the perfect fit for them

8 hours ago, affliction said:

Yeah I think the Browns should have went after a coach with a resume. I thought Rivera was the perfect fit for them

Why would Rivera want to go there?  WAS is much more attractive from a stability standpoint now that Bruce Allen is gone.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:40 AM, joshua18 said:

Probably the right move; I just don’t like selling low in dynasty (I own him in one of my leagues). 

If he gets healthy (core muscle injury) and does anything at the beginning of next season, you’ll probably get a lot more than if you sell now. Then again, he may just do something dumb between now and then to lower his value.

18 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

This is what I'm trying to do...Nobody is biting yet though

17 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

It would be suicidal imo to sell him now. No one is offering anything of value for him so there's no math I'm aware of that turns that into a good move for the Beckham owner.

He's a had a couple of down years - imo there's no reason to believe he can't come out next year in the prime of his career and have a nice season. The smart play here is to hold and let him rehab his value.

I wouldn’t throw him away for beans but if you can get Amari + a pick I would do it. Odell’s name still carries value. 

Odell didn’t show up to mini camps last year when he was just joining a new team/QB. He proceeded to have a down year. Then he did stupid stuff at the LSU game.

I don’t trust his judgment and he apparently has never grown up. Would rather get out a year too early. 

What’s next; be freezes his feet?! Or has helmet issues?!

9 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Why would Rivera want to go there?  WAS is much more attractive from a stability standpoint now that Bruce Allen is gone.

I'm speaking from the Browns perspective. I don't think they were even interested. WAS is definitely the better choice though.