Rotoworld.com Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Tenner said:

You lose 38-6 when you lead in time of possession. When you got multiple RBs average 5+ ypc on 10 or more carries each. When your #2 receiver catches 5 out of 6 balls. 

Something is absolutely wrong with either OBJ or Baker. Or both. 

Hate to say it as a dynasty owner but all signs pointing to OBJ at this point...wonder if baker and the offense would be better without him, as crazy as it sounds.

patrick Ewing theory?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Hate to say it as a dynasty owner but all signs pointing to OBJ at this point...wonder if baker and the offense would be better without him, as crazy as it sounds.

patrick Ewing theory?

It could be. I think about Antonio Brown. Absolute stud WR. Forget the mental issues. But he was picked up off the street in NE. Limited snaps and caught everything thrown at him his first game. He had 2 weeks to learn the offense. Clear chemistry. 

17 games in with OBJ, in a game with a favourable script....10 targets. 3 catches. 

• Like 1

He looked terrible today, no way around it. Timing looked just as off as it did last season, Odell’s body language was poor, not good. Baker however did miss him absolutely wide open deep for an easy TD on a 4th and 6th (not sure if that’s been mentioned). 

He gets the Bengals on a short week next week.. I think it’s a smash spot, but who knows at this point. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

He looked terrible today, no way around it. Timing looked just as off as it did last season, Odell’s body language was poor, not good. Baker however did miss him absolutely wide open deep for an easy TD on a 4th and 6th (not sure if that’s been mentioned). 

He gets the Bengals on a short week next week.. I think it’s a smash spot, but who knows at this point. 

think a lot of owners are not gonna want to play him until the string of consistent games comes together. Last years best game was against the jets and that was week 2- so who knows 

the passing offense on this team doesn’t look like it’ll click...they just need to run the ball all the time no matter the script and just do easier throws 

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

patrick Ewing theory?

I think I felt it last year, but this game confirmed it. I feel like baker acts more natural when he doesn’t have this “feed Odell” cloud hanging over him.

Would not surprise me if he gets traded before their bye week for like a 3rd round pick. 

We could see an amari cooper 2.0 

• Like 1

O'Dell is just the latest uber talented WR who is losing a war with his ego. Another guy who will learn the hard way that great players don't stop to acknowledge their greatness. 

Unfortunately it seems to be casting a shadow over the Brown's whole offense. He and Mayfield don't exactly seem like best bros. Just watch Baker's presser after the game today when he was asked about his connection with O'Dell. He took responsibility and kinda brushed it off, but you could tell the question made him pretty uncomfortable. They have zero chemistry together. 

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

I think I felt it last year, but this game confirmed it. I feel like baker acts more natural when he doesn’t have this “feed Odell” cloud hanging over him.

Would not surprise me if he gets traded before their bye week for like a 3rd round pick. 

We could see an amari cooper 2.0 

At this point I actually feel like this is the most likely scenario.  The trade part anyway.

10 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

patrick Ewing theory?

You think OBJ is dragging the offense down ?  Where's the data to support that?  Have you seen Baker's qb play?  

Watched the entire game, and you need look no farther than this breakdown:

Baker had absolutely no clean pockets. 
When he did, he was not entirely accurate. 
Odell looked every bit fast and twitchy, and his hands have not faded. 

this is a situation issue. The line needs to get it together, and baker needs to throw a ******** clean ball. 

if Odell were on the Steelers, for example—he’d be a first round pick. 

• Like 2

These forums are laughable when a player has a down week. This was always a foreseeable outcome with this matchup. I’m as high on him as anyone and I’m thrilled to have him on my team, but he was on my bench yesterday. The reality is that he looks as talented as ever and he received 10 targets. Mayfield just had no time and Baltimore has a very strong secondary. Things will get WAY better. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

These forums are laughable when a player has a down week. This was always a foreseeable outcome with this matchup. I’m as high on him as anyone and I’m thrilled to have him on my team, but he was on my bench yesterday. The reality is that he looks as talented as ever and he received 10 targets. Mayfield just had no time and Baltimore has a very strong secondary. Things will get WAY better. 

I agree about the overreactions but it's not inspiring to see things don't look any better than last year. This guy is not washed but all signs point to a team that's going to ruin is upside. People waited all year last year for things to get better. They didn't.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I agree about the overreactions but it's not inspiring to see things don't look any better than last year. This guy is not washed but all signs point to a team that's going to ruin is upside. People waited all year last year for things to get better. They didn't.

Yea I definitely get that this just feels like an extension of last year, but it’s just one bad game and I think people will be feeling much better on Thursday night. If he flops in that situation, then yes, we’ve got a lot to be worried about.

Baker is incredibly skittish well before the pressure gets to him, it seems his first instinct is to get "happy feet" rather than plant and read the field. He clearly has no confidence in himself which we're seeing trickle down to a lot of the skill players on offense. It's a carryover issue from 2019, in 2018 we saw a very confident Baker which in turn provided results on the field.

The o-line can catch some blame here for sure but until Baker plays like he wants to be out there I don't see how Beckham returns consistent value this season.

Edited by MoonBlaster
55 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

OBJ dominated in NYC, switched teams and suddenly "sucks"? Not buying that, it's his QB and how they're using him. From a fantasy standpoint it doesn't matter either way though.

OBJ in NYC = completely manufactured production as part of a Ponzi Scheme spearheaded by Ben McAdoo, Jerry Reese, and Marc Ross.

He never actually "dominated" at all. It was all a mirage. All fake and manufactured production. The Giants went 6-10 or worse in 4 of 5 seasons with OBJ. 

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 1