Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Take it easy, man

I'm asking a serious question. I didn't see the game. I have him in a couple of leagues and I'm wondering where the problem lies? Because every time I see Baker play he's not good. He can hit Landry like a champ though. A talent like Odell shouldn't have people debating whether or not to sit him. This has just gotten way out of hand. Baker and Odell have zero connection.

Edited by FitzMagic
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm asking a serious question. I didn't see the game. I have him in a couple of leagues and I'm wondering where the problem lies? Because every time I see Baker play he's not good. He can hit Landry like a champ though. A talent like Odell shouldn't have people debating whether or not to sit him. This has just gotten way out of hand. Baker and Odell have zero connection.

Sure baker had his share of miscues, but like you said, landry and baker have a good connection. 

Odell just kind of looks like he’s going thru the motions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns fan here with zero shares of Baker or Odell. Here’s the issue I see: zero chemistry between these two guys. When Odell is the first read Baker doesn’t stick with him long enough. Beckham is actually getting open but Baker goes to his next read just before that happens. In the first half, can’t remember if it was the first or second drive, Baker hit one of the TEs on an out just as Odell made it by his guy in zone coverage with nobody over the top. Would’ve been an easy TD. Instances like that happened a lot last year too. As a result OBJ becomes a headcase and starts dropping the ball when it does come to him. 3rd and 2 just before halftime comes to mind. Sure Baker threw it slightly behind but it was eye level and mostly in motion. Odell just flat out dropped the ball. The frustration builds and Beckham just keeps making mistakes. He stepped out of bounds on a route just prior to a completion. He got a face mask personal foul on a wide receiver screen. Odell has actually drawn a fair amount of PI calls the last two seasons which have hurt his numbers but have also frustrated him because he’s not actually catching the ball. Throw in all the time they missed together in camp last year because of Beckham’s rehab and the brutal schedule of top CBs the Browns player last year and these guys have never clicked. I wanted this to work out more than anything but I just don’t see a path forward. I would hold Beckham in case he gets traded. I think it’s a real possibility this season. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

It was great BEFORE this clown arrived. It's sucked ever since. He's a drive killer.

Odell’s a cancer too. There’s a reason the giants didnt want him anywhere near Daniel Jones.

only a guy like brady or roethlisberger can keep him contained. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

It was great BEFORE this clown arrived. It's sucked ever since. He's a drive killer.

Browns would def be better off without odell. 2 good tight ends, 2 great runningbacks, a good wr in jarvis landry. They dont need the antics and attitude of odell

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean his floor is 1000 yards. He played in my opinion the best secondary (possibly best defense) in football. If you go back to last season the ravens smothered WR’s. Only slot WR’s had any kind of real success against them. Baker isnt that good, and they have no chemistry. Those are real issues. Next week is a softer matchup and should give us a better idea of the offense. The bigger concern is they are gonna run the ball 30 times any game they can, cause you obviously can’t trust baker at this point. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Browns would def be better off without odell. 2 good tight ends, 2 great runningbacks, a good wr in jarvis landry. They dont need the antics and attitude of odell

 

6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Odell’s a cancer too. There’s a reason the giants didnt want him anywhere near Daniel Jones.

only a guy like brady or roethlisberger can keep him contained. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5850917

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gohawks said:

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5850917

Lol im out of this thread because Im now obviously conversing with 2 odell marks who cant even make real counter arguments. There’s a browns fan who posted earlier in this thread. I suggest you listen to him

 

peace

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 7:09 AM, joshua18 said:

He’s mediocre without Eli. 
 

My response to Evan Silva and all the Giants haters who thought Baker was an upgrade over Eli

 

2389133-4949054815-micha.gif

 

 

 


 

Still mediocre without Eli. Nothing else to see here.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One Browns fan gave a fair outlook (am also a Browns fan). New coach, new system, very shortened offseason against the 2nd best team in the league. Due to limited live action practices, he supposes it'll take about 5-6 weeks to get an idea of how good the coaches are and if Baker and OBJ are getting there. Said this was the worst possible matchup for a team in the Browns' position.

 

So he's a volatile WR3 until he's not. You got to give it time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Our first? clue that this Odell Beckham thing might not work out too well was when he was photographed snorting coke off of a pizza box with some starlet.

Work out for who?  Sounds like it’s working out ok for Beckham.  He’s got some blow, a starlet, and pizza. What more do you really want?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Work out for who?  Sounds like it’s working out ok for Beckham.  He’s got some blow, a starlet, and pizza. What more do you really want?

We want our transcendent NFL superstar from 2014 back, that's what we really want.  And it seems unlikely we will ever see him again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

O'Dell is just the latest uber talented WR who is losing a war with his ego. Another guy who will learn the hard way that great players don't stop to acknowledge their greatness. 


well said. I think this summarized what happened to him pretty well.  He got so obsessed with his own legend he stopped working on his craft and started expecting everything to come easy/be handed to him.  When things didn’t go his way his reaction wasn’t to take some tough medicine and bounce back by getting back to what got him there, but instead he’s simply gone further into the mental black hole.  It was fun while it lasted.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

OBJ in NYC = completely manufactured production as part of a Ponzi Scheme spearheaded by Ben McAdoo, Jerry Reese, and Marc Ross.

He never actually "dominated" at all. It was all a mirage. All fake and manufactured production. The Giants went 6-10 or worse in 4 of 5 seasons with OBJ. 

A lot of teams sure wish they had a fake player who could make those kinds of clutch catches. The league is dying for more fakeness.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Watched the entire game, and you need look no farther than this breakdown:

 

Baker had absolutely no clean pockets. 
When he did, he was not entirely accurate. 

Odell looked every bit fast and twitchy, and his hands have not faded. 
 

this is a situation issue. The line needs to get it together, and baker needs to throw a ******** clean ball. 
 

if Odell were on the Steelers, for example—he’d be a first round pick. 

 

So he did or he didn't have clean pockets?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FootballOutsider said:

Browns fan here with zero shares of Baker or Odell. Here’s the issue I see: zero chemistry between these two guys. When Odell is the first read Baker doesn’t stick with him long enough. Beckham is actually getting open but Baker goes to his next read just before that happens. In the first half, can’t remember if it was the first or second drive, Baker hit one of the TEs on an out just as Odell made it by his guy in zone coverage with nobody over the top. Would’ve been an easy TD. Instances like that happened a lot last year too. As a result OBJ becomes a headcase and starts dropping the ball when it does come to him. 3rd and 2 just before halftime comes to mind. Sure Baker threw it slightly behind but it was eye level and mostly in motion. Odell just flat out dropped the ball. The frustration builds and Beckham just keeps making mistakes. He stepped out of bounds on a route just prior to a completion. He got a face mask personal foul on a wide receiver screen. Odell has actually drawn a fair amount of PI calls the last two seasons which have hurt his numbers but have also frustrated him because he’s not actually catching the ball. Throw in all the time they missed together in camp last year because of Beckham’s rehab and the brutal schedule of top CBs the Browns player last year and these guys have never clicked. I wanted this to work out more than anything but I just don’t see a path forward. I would hold Beckham in case he gets traded. I think it’s a real possibility this season. 

Listen buddy...I don't need an opinion from someone who knows the team and pays attention.

If you can't qualify your thoughts with "total bust" or "league winner", I'm out.

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...