Rotoworld.com Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

26 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Could be a fun fit in a Shanny offense light on WR talent with Deebo and Aiyuk hurt. I think my preference is HOU though - upside is huge playing with Watson, and Fuller and Cooks do not appear to be #1 WRs.

OBJ is NOT a #1 WR. 

Fuller is a better WR (fantasy and real life) than OBJ.

Fuller sure looked liked a #1 WR to me on Thursday. More than OBJ has looked like a #1 WR in 17 games now.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

OBJ is NOT a #1 WR. 

Fuller sure looked liked a #1 WR to me on Thursday. More than OBJ has looked like a #1 WR in 17 games now.

I'll have some of what this guy is smoking

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

A healthy Will Fuller is a better WR than a healthy OBJ.

If Fuller played with OBJ, Fuller would be the clear #1 , OBJ the #2.

Right now, Jarvis Landry is the #1 WR of the Browns.

OBJ is the clear cut #2 receiver to Jarvis Landry right now. What the hell are u talking about?

Edited by PisEdiRin
9 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

You sound like the typical OBJ Cult Member who is blinded by the fake media hype.

I bet you have OBJ on your fantasy team. YOU were smoking something when you clicked "Draft Player" next to OBJ's name on Draft Day. No smart FF player drafts OBJ near his ADP. None.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jarvis DNP today, looking doubtful on a short week. Does this help or hurt Beckham? This game looks like it’ll be a low scoring slugfest with a lot of punts, but have to think Odell gets or exceeds the 10 targets he got last week against a far worse secondary. 

19 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Jarvis DNP today, looking doubtful on a short week. Does this help or hurt Beckham? This game looks like it’ll be a low scoring slugfest with a lot of punts, but have to think Odell gets or exceeds the 10 targets he got last week against a far worse secondary. 

I don't think Jarvis is doubtful.

53 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I don't think Jarvis is doubtful.

DNP on the Tuesday prior to a TNF game is always a bad sign. Don’t think he’s listed as doubtful but I think there’s a strong chance he doesn’t play or is limited if he does. The timetable for the hip surgery he had in the offseason had him up against it for the start of the season (DNP with the hip today). The guy is an absolute warrior and a favorite of mine, so doesn’t surprise me that he beat the timetable and wouldn’t surprise me if he toughed it out, but could see him missing a game or 2. 

43 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

DNP on the Tuesday prior to a TNF game is always a bad sign. Don’t think he’s listed as doubtful but I think there’s a strong chance he doesn’t play or is limited if he does. The timetable for the hip surgery he had in the offseason had him up against it for the start of the season (DNP with the hip today). The guy is an absolute warrior and a favorite of mine, so doesn’t surprise me that he beat the timetable and wouldn’t surprise me if he toughed it out, but could see him missing a game or 2. 

I hear you, but let's see what happens tomorrow. I'm betting it was a rest day and he'll play.

42 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

He wasn’t on the initial injury report on Monday. I would imagine it’s a vet’s day off (Tuesday instead of Wednesday on a short week). Tomorrow’s practice will be the most likely indicator but there’s no reason to be spreading misinformation in the meantime.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Saw another tweet by a "checkmark verified" person stating the claim is false, FWIW. 

Eh. Every time there’s trade rumors there’s someone to call it false.

Having it leak is terrible for the team. It can lower the players value and kill team chemistry. So it makes sense for them to “leak” to a reporter they’re BS.

3 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

OBJ is NOT a #1 WR. 

Fullers best season in terms of yards is 670 in terms of receptions 49 and in terms of TDs is 7. That’s not one season I had to pull those numbers from multiple seasons.

Odell, who you seem to think is a flat out bum, had 74/1,035 last year. Odell in his first 2 years absolutely obliterates Fullers entire career stats.

Also, before you pull the “he’s been injured” excuse out of your a**, being able to stay on the field is part of being good and getting the job done. So there’s that. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

You sound like the typical OBJ Cult Member who is blinded by the fake media hype.

I bet you have OBJ on your fantasy team. YOU were smoking something when you clicked "Draft Player" next to OBJ's name on Draft Day. No smart FF player drafts OBJ near his ADP. None.

Tagged for reference in 3 weeks when I can say I told you so. Lol. 

Just now, PisEdiRin said:

They said that after every game last year.

Lol you are a good troll I give you that

GUYS - Stop replying to his posts. He literally never quantifies his opinions to any degree. You’re shouting into an empty void engaging with him. Thread is better off if you don’t waste your time replying to him.

• Like 6

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what the problem is with Odell. In my opinion it's a combination of two things:

1) Odell doesn't look like the same guy as he was in 2014-2016. He doesn't get open as often. Odell used to torch defenders and he just doesn't do that as much. He's had a lot of injuries and maybe those have piled up to the point where he lost some speed.  

2) From 2017-present he's played with a beyond washed up Eli Manning and a bust in Baker Mayfield. It's hard (but not impossible) to be a WR1 when your QB totally blows. 

I'm a Browns fan, so I hope I'm wrong but he does not look like a WR1 for fantasy this year. I'd expect a similar stat line to last year - 1,000-1,050 yards and 5-7 TD's. 

Look at his catch percentages over the years:

2014 - 70.0%

2015 - 60.8%

2016 - 59.8%

2017 - 61.0%

2018 - 62.1%

2019 - 55.6%

2020 - 30% through week 1

He peaked in his rookie year and last year was his worst year (and he has that same crappy QB this year). 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

A healthy Will Fuller is a better WR than a healthy OBJ.

If Fuller played with OBJ, Fuller would be the clear #1 , OBJ the #2.

Right now, Jarvis Landry is the #1 WR of the Browns.

OBJ is the clear cut #2 receiver to Jarvis Landry right now. What the hell are u talking about?

This clown is nothing but a troll. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember when Randy Moss went to Oakland for 2 years and had like 500 yards receiving in a season that one time? 

Well the next season he scored 23 touchdowns...

A mega-talent doesn't just suddenly stop, especially @ age 27. 

Moss was 29 when he resurged with the Pats.

Is Odell as good as Moss? No. No man is. 

But to say that he's not immensely talented at every measurable test you can give a WR--the call of him being washed up is coming far too soon.

Where do all problematic diva WRs go for a career resurgence? 

Moss. Ochocinco. Josh Gordon. Antonio Brown...

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Remember when Randy Moss went to Oakland for 2 years and had like 500 yards receiving in a season that one time? 

Well the next season he scored 23 touchdowns...

A mega-talent doesn't just suddenly stop, especially @ age 27. 

Moss was 29 when he resurged with the Pats.

Is Odell as good as Moss? No. No man is. 

But to say that he's not immensely talented at every measurable test you can give a WR--the call of him being washed up is coming far too soon.

Where do all problematic diva WRs go for a career resurgence? 

Moss. Ochocinco. Josh Gordon. Antonio Brown...

Problem is the arm that resurged them is gone, and Newton cannot sustain a WR like Brady could (not gonna say can because I don't think he can anymore). 

35 minutes ago, young dude said:

Between him and Evans as far as high ceiling low floor early-ish round WRs, who do you like more this year?

I have both and I like OBJ more. I feel Baker is more likely to lock-in on Odell on any given game when they are trailing.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

I have both and I like OBJ more. I feel Baker is more likely to lock-in on Odell on any given game when they are trailing.

10, yes 10 TARGETS, but no results week 1 :(