Rotoworld.com Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

There is a tremendous amount of talent on this offense - maybe too much. The addition of OBJ and in particular Kareem Hunt have not helped their performance on the field. The team seems thrown together with a bunch of stars and wasn't allowed to just develop naturally as it appeared they would in Mayfield's rookie year. 

Stefanski needs to find a way to get these guys to click soon because I don't think he'll have more than one year if he can't. Then they'll gt rid of everybody and once again start the rebuild. That's how bad CLE looks right now.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

There is a tremendous amount of talent on this offense - maybe too much. The addition of OBJ and in particular Kareem Hunt have not helped their performance on the field. The team seems thrown together with a bunch of stars and wasn't allowed to just develop naturally as it appeared they would in Mayfield's rookie year. 

Stefanski needs to find a way to get these guys to click soon because I don't think he'll have more than one year if he can't. Then they'll gt rid of everybody and once again start the rebuild. That's how bad CLE looks right now.

There isn’t too much talent.

Mayfield is a bonafide bum. That’s it

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

There isn’t too much talent.

Mayfield is a bonafide bum. That’s it

He didn't look like a bum in 2018. That was a successful and promising rookie campaign. Why was he not a "bum" then vs now.

Edited by SuperJoint
10 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

He didn't look like a bum in 2018. That was a successful and promising rookie campaign. Why was he not a "bum" then vs now.

I was a Mayfield truther up until a few days ago because he did show talent in that rookie year.  But it must be all the coaching changes or something that have regressed him.  He looks like the game is moving too fast for him, his mechanics are bad, and he's not getting through his reads.  Did not look impressive at all on Sunday.

In my opinion, the fault is totally with Mayfield.  He even missed Beckham by almost 5 yards on what would have been a long TD (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGKusJg6hqE go to 10:15).  The Beckham explosiveness is still there I believe, but in this offense with a QB playing like Mayfield he's in a bad spot to get quality targets.

Edited by Illusion_J
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Illusion_J said:

I was a Mayfield truther up until a few days ago because he did show talent in that rookie year.  But it must be all the coaching changes or something that have regressed him.  He looks like the game is moving too fast for him, his mechanics are bad, and he's not getting through his reads.  Did not look impressive at all on Sunday.

In my opinion, the fault is totally with Mayfield.  He even missed Beckham by almost 5 yards on what would have been a long TD (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGKusJg6hqE go to 10:15).  The Beckham explosiveness is still there I believe, but in this offense with a QB playing like Mayfield he's in a bad spot to get quality targets.

I'm willing to reserve judgment for at least another week. If you look around the league, a lot of QBs really struggled to start the season. OBJ's was one of them. If it still looks this bad tomorrow night, sound the alarm. 

• Like 1

In 2017 Case Keenum came out of nowhere and did a great job for the Vikings. In 15 games he had 3500+ yards, 22 tds and 7 picks. 

His QB coach in 2017: Kevin Stefanski. 

Current browns backup QB: Case Keenum 

I think Baker is on a very short leash. 

I think Keenum could thrive in this offense. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Tenner said:

In 2017 Case Keenum came out of nowhere and did a great job for the Vikings. In 15 games he had 3500+ yards, 22 tds and 7 picks. 

At this point I'd rather have Keenum playing.

• Like 2

He looked terrible against the Ravens defense, chill out.  That defense is going to make a lot of teams look silly this year.  A

5 hours ago, Cody_ODea said:

I'm willing to reserve judgment for at least another week. If you look around the league, a lot of QBs really struggled to start the season. OBJ's was one of them. If it still looks this bad tomorrow night, sound the alarm. 

This is the sane way of thinking.  That Ravens defense is going to make a lot of teams look silly this year.  Bengals, we'll see..  Redskins and Cowboys will probably be tough too.

32 minutes ago, kdko said:

He looked terrible against the Ravens defense, chill out.  That defense is going to make a lot of teams look silly this year.  A

This is the sane way of thinking.  That Ravens defense is going to make a lot of teams look silly this year.  Bengals, we'll see..  Redskins and Cowboys will probably be tough too.

Eh Baker has been bad for a long time. Hell, I didn’t really buy his rookie campaign personally.

He’s basically the opposite of a guy like Wilson. The longer the play goes the worse he becomes. If his initial read is open or MAYBE his second read and he can get the ball out in under like 2 seconds he isn’t flat out terrible. Anything after that he becomes Tebow without the running ability with how he throws the ball.

In theory Odell should get a good amount of work on slants with the above but for some reason it hasn’t happened. I’m not going to write Baker off because I drafted Odell with the hope that he can at least be serviceable for fantasy with new coaching. That being said I don’t view him as anything but a game manager with the ability to occasionally make some big plays as his best outlook. Kind of what Goff is. So if the staff can work some magic Odell can for sure shine even with Baker but we will have to see this week as it should be telling. I agree that going off one week against an elite defense is premature. Especially when you factor in it being a new coaching staff on a short offseason with no preseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, Tenner said:

stranger things have happened (example, Gase gets called a "brilliant" offensive mind by Jets ownership yesterday, but i digress ... )

the Browns are hurting somewhat defensively, and dër  Bunglez are hungry ... and stocked with playmakers on offense - tonight will be no walk in the park for Cleveland. 

Stefanski sat Chubb for a great deal of the second half in last week's blowout with tonight in mind, methinks ... i see a 25-30 carry game to offset the short week, take the pressure off of Baker, shorten the game, etc. 

that would be the smart play. 

but ... it is the Browns - if things go south, and Mayfield continues to baffle, well, who knows?

i don't buy into the whole "draft capital, ergo cannot be benched!" folderol ... eff that, Stefanski is there to win games, and if he felt a switch might jump start this club, he better have the leash to do so, lest he's just a neutered post turtle. 

it's still a slim possibility that he'd switch ... but the odds are closer to 20% than ZERO, especially if this ish goes off the rails tonight. 

• Like 1

A historically good WR shows up for 4 years. 

a hyped QB from college shows a flash of skill in a rookie season. 

people can’t imagine the QB being a bum, but are ready to write off 50+ games of OTHERWORLDLY ELITE PRODUCTION. 

It’s baker. He can’t throw a ******** football unless the WR is blown coverage open. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

A historically good WR shows up for 4 years. 

a hyped QB from college shows a flash of skill in a rookie season. 

people can’t imagine the QB being a bum, but are ready to write off 50+ games of OTHERWORLDLY ELITE PRODUCTION. 

It’s baker. He can’t throw a ******** football unless the WR is blown coverage open. 

7ukLF42.png

11 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

PFF ranked the Ravens defense #2 heading into this season. Great defenses can make respectable QBs look horrible. Maybe I’m just the most optimistic fantasy footballer of all time, but I’m still very high on OBJ’s rest of season outlook. 

I’m high on obj, as he still looks like the same guy. 

im low on Mayfield—which leaves me half hard and confused. Starting OBJ every week, and hating it. 

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

I’m high on obj, as he still looks like the same guy. 

im low on Mayfield—which leaves me half hard and confused. Starting OBJ every week, and hating it. 

All I’m saying is that this team was broken last year, and many of us expected (or at least hoped) this team would make a jump this year considering the Oline and coaching improvements. Now, after one week against possibly the best defense in the league, everyone is saying this is a disaster and this is just an extension of last season. I don’t think that’s the case. I think Mayfield and the Browns are going to surprise people this year. I would be buying low on OBJ if I didn’t own him.