larfboy

2020 NBA Trade Deadline News and Rumors

So tempted to stash Dieng tbh. He literally could be a difference maker in almost any scenario where he gets 25+ min. Rockets. Hawks, wherever!

1 minute ago, Hatfieldodger said:

I don't see it. Not with Harden and Russ taking all of the shots. 

I don't think it's a shot-factor. I think it's more Dieng getting a starter gig and filling the spot/production Capela had.

• Like 1

If Dieng were to get a starter position and I'd manage to stash, I'd consider it a karmic return from wasting a 60th pick on him back in 17-18. The guy also has a very fantasy friendly game, come to think of it

As a KAT owner im praying they land DLO so talks of shutdown go away. The two can develop chemistry and ride out the season regardless of standing

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

As a KAT owner im praying they land DLO so talks of shutdown go away. The two can develop chemistry and ride out the season regardless of standing

Or they both get shutdown at the same time lol

4 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

If Dieng were to get a starter position and I'd manage to stash, I'd consider it a karmic return from wasting a 60th pick on him back in 17-18. The guy also has a very fantasy friendly game, come to think of it

LMAO that was me too. Might be one of the worst picks I've ever made. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

So what then? No Dieng, Looney to the rockets?

Edit: I guess Looney to the wolves makes sense too bc they'd only have Naz Reid as the backup C.

Edited by claptondecheeks

1 minute ago, claptondecheeks said:

So what then? No Dieng, Looney to the rockets?

I haven't seen any Dieng rumors, Looney and RoCo to Houston is the talks but GS not interested in dealing with Rockets apparently. Wolves have already offered 2 first round picks for DLO. Way too many rumors right now but I expect something to go down late tonight or tomorrow 

Wonder what changed to entice Warriors tbh. Really didn't think anyone could offer them anything until offseason for DLo tbh but there must be some real good piece coming their way for them to consider the trade. Can't be just tax relief trade for them.

Edited by samtal33k

19 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

I don't see it. Not with Harden and Russ taking all of the shots. 

He was top ~50 per game (top ~35-40 total) three years in a row taking 7 or 8 shots per game and scoring 10ppg. 

Edited by srb

3 minutes ago, samtal33k said:

Wonder what changed to entice Warriors tbh. Really didn't think anyone could offer them anything until offseason for DLo tbh but there must be some real good piece coming their way for them to consider the trade. Can't be just tax relief trade for them.

Its league known that Russell is not a fit there and they can't afford to pay 4 dudes max money. Warriors can keep Russell sure but they don't have the leverage they think they do

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Its league known that Russell is not a fit there and they can't afford to pay 4 dudes max money. Warriors can keep Russell sure but they don't have the leverage they think they do

I get it but I'd think they are better off waiting till off season and package DLo and their 1st round pick for something even better. The way things stand, I don't see them getting anyone nearly impactful enough to make any difference to their run to NBA finals next season. But DLo+1st could bring a piece that could lead them to another dynasty kinda run for next 3/4 years.

16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I haven't seen any Dieng rumors, Looney and RoCo to Houston is the talks but GS not interested in dealing with Rockets apparently. Wolves have already offered 2 first round picks for DLO. Way too many rumors right now but I expect something to go down late tonight or tomorrow 

Hmm I guess I thought Looney was making less $$$ but I just checked on the nba trade machine and the money works for this trade:

wolves get: Evan Turner, DLo

rockets get: Looney, RoCo

warriors get: Wiggins

Hawks get: Capela

Edit: kept checking and I couldn't make the money work with Wiggins being part of the trade.

Edit 2: kept trying. the money works if Looney goes to the wolves instead and Houston also sends PJ Tucker to the Hawks. Not sure why Rockets and Hawks would want to do that though.

1 minute ago, claptondecheeks said:

Hmm I guess I thought Looney was making less $$$ but I just checked on the nba trade machine and the money works for this trade:

Fire up your Looneys!! 🙄

9 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

in what world would the warriors give up DLo for Wiggins lol?

10 minutes ago, samtal33k said:

I get it but I'd think they are better off waiting till off season and package DLo and their 1st round pick for something even better. The way things stand, I don't see them getting anyone nearly impactful enough to make any difference to their run to NBA finals next season. But DLo+1st could bring a piece that could lead them to another dynasty kinda run for next 3/4 years.

Problem is no elite teams will add Russell. He is signed for 3 more years at max money and the top teams want to clear as much cap as they can to chase Giannis, Kawhi and AD in a couple years. This is why the Wolves are the most interested because they don't attract top free agents. Plus, its in the Warriors best interest to get picks they could flip for role players or another big

1 minute ago, lacit1707 said:

In a world where warriors heads play fantasy ball and are tired of holding on to constantly injured DLo haha

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

In no world, but according to the tweets posted before, it seems like that's the backbone of the trade that's being discussed rn.

The warriors could be getting back a ton of picks and young players like Culver, Deandre Hunter, Cam Reddish, Bates-Diop, etc.

That's not even what I want to happen. I'm team RoCo+Dieng to the Rockets.

25 minutes ago, samtal33k said:

Who can they target?

47 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I played with trade yesterday and got ridiculed  😀

It looks like win-win-win to me

Because your idea was ridiculous and was contingent on literally any of those teams thinking that Wiggins has any value

Wiggins is a black hole. Nobody wants him. Expect the Knicks trade 5 first rounders for him.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

Wiggins is a black hole. Nobody wants him. Expect the Knicks trade 5 first rounders for him.

You know, even with Mills fired I won't be surprised if the Knicks do this move lol