larfboy

2020 NBA Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Just now, DiscoNinja33 said:

I have no room for him, i'm shattered.. 

Got Embiid, Holmes, Bryant and BroLo and not allowed to pick up any more centres. 

Can't see him not being included in the deal. 

I got almost nothing but centers lol.

Ayton, Drummond, Holmes, Bryant, Bagley (PF/C), Nurk, and now Dieng.

If the warriors are out, Dieng has to be included.

T'Wolves get Evan Turner, Jabari Parker, picks

Hawks get Capela, filler

Rockets get Dieng, RoCo

It's a win-win-win

Yeah, the issue with Dieng is he's too pricey. I imagine the Rockets can get similar value for much cheaper. Kinda hoping the fourth team would be the Kings and they can somehow snatch Holmes from them.

Fourth team being the Nuggets? Now that's interesting.

Edited by m1dday
  • Like 1

Rumours I've seen say Wiggins would be part of Russell deal. I can't see Dieng getting played more than ~25 minutes wherever he goes, maybe has some value but I think he is a watchlist guy.

15 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Although.. No mention of Dieng here. 

Sources: Minnesota, Atlanta, Houston are in serious discussions on a deal that would send Robert Covington to Rockets and Clint Capela to the Hawks. Evan Turner and draft compensation involved in current talks to Timberwolves. Potential fourth team too.

Rockets can't go the rest of the season with Hartenstein and Nene as their centers. They need to get Dieng bc they don't have other trade assets to get someone else.

Shams probably didn't mention Dieng bc he's not well known to casual fans.

Edited by claptondecheeks
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

T'Wolves get Evan Turner, Jabari Parker, picks

Hawks get Capela, filler

Rockets get Dieng, RoCo

Hmm... This actually looks good.

• Like 1

Talks are heating up. Capela to Hawks, Cov to Rockets and draft compensation to Wolves. I dont see how the Rockets trade covington for capela straight up essentially. Dieng gotta be included, they want a wing and a big.

Edit: not taking a chance. Dropped Kleber for Dieng. Well worth the risk in a league full of sharks

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 1

Denver possibly the 4th team. Malik Beasley is an auto scoop if he goes to Minny and Covington is sent out 

11 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Recommendation:

Start a separate “Completed Trades” thread.

Too bad that's going to be an empty trade if you are only counting from today. 

9 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Nice of Dolan to finally realize that allowing 500 power forwards to be signed wasn't working. Hope they finally come to their senses and play Frank, Mitch and Knox

Trust the process LOL.  Steve Mills probably just doing Dolan's bidding anyway.  Still made a good amount of money doing it so he's not complaining.  I know it's beating a dead horse but why the heck did they sign 4 power forwards to their four highest salaries?  Not to mention Noah who they stretch waived.  Good thing Dolan is rich and an idiot or he'd be sad that he keeps screwing up the team. 

image.png.18bdda072b900d32a60909b7c98c79b4.png

2 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Portis is getting paid 15 mill that's wild

Paying Portis, Morris and Gibson $39 million this season is ridiculous. 

taking a flier on dieng for poeltl. he has league winning potential. low risk, high reward. whenever minny is in deep trade talks, dieng is worth a stash. 

Edited by pdids911

So the lord roco to Houston seems all but likely right? Cause if so, I'll be overjoyed 

4 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Wow, how lame. Wtf why would they want that?

Depth, I guess, for the playoffs. It's a fantasy value killer not only for Burks, but whatever value the backcourt rotation in Dallas is that isn't named Luka. Now Carlisle will be able to screw around with the rotations even more lol

Edited by m1dday

I don’t see how Dieng could be involved in that proposed 3 way. Salaries have to match up and Dieng is making close to 16 mil 

Evan Turner and Clint Capela cancel each other out since both players are making 18 mil

RoCo is making 11 mil

Either Houston has a trade exception they are gonna use or they’re likely to take back another player in the 7 mil range 

Burks is pretty much going to take a huge hit wherever he goes unless maybe the Lakers? Curry is coming back sooner or later anyways so his value is going to tank anyways.

1 minute ago, kilslo said:

I don’t see how Dieng could be involved in that proposed 3 way. Salaries have to match up and Dieng is making close to 16 mil 

Evan Turner and Clint Capela cancel each other out since both players are making 18 mil

RoCo is making 11 mil

Either Houston has a trade exception they are gonna use or they’re likely to take back another player in the 7 mil range 

I was playing around on the ESPN and it works if Rockets send House and Parsons or something like that.

2 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Burks is pretty much going to take a huge hit wherever he goes unless maybe the Lakers? Curry is coming back sooner or later anyways so his value is going to tank anyways.

I had *some* hope he might stick around and be a solid bench piece with them next year but better than him walking I guess. Lee is gonna be the prominent bench piece next season, anyway.

44 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

I have no room for him, i'm shattered.. 

Got Embiid, Holmes, Bryant and BroLo and not allowed to pick up any more centres. 

Can't see him not being included in the deal. 

Can you do what I can in my league...I have same problem but if I move capela to IR it allows me to pick up a 5th center (4 being active) so can you IR Holmes and do it? Then work super fast to trade one 😂

7 minutes ago, m1dday said:

I had *some* hope he might stick around and be a solid bench piece with them next year but better than him walking I guess. Lee is gonna be the prominent bench piece next season, anyway.

He's a good player but from a fantasy standpoint, his value is going to tank hard in the near future. Lee is eating his mins, Curry is gonna eat both of their mins.

I honestly don't know where he could get traded and still retain value, except the Lakers. IDK where else he could go and get heavy minutes.

Just now, claptondecheeks said:

He's a good player but from a fantasy standpoint, his value is going to tank hard in the near future. Lee is eating his mins, Curry is gonna eat both of their mins.

I honestly don't know where he could get traded and still retain value, except the Lakers. IDK where else he could go and get heavy minutes.

That's what I'm thinking, too. Wondering if it's worth picking up Lee for Burks already, since it's very unlikely he stays anyway. He's way too movable to survive the deadline lol