larfboy

2020 NBA Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

 

Does this mean they can still get dieng? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

 

Hmmm. Dieng is making 17M.

 

They could still get Dieng if they add fillers like Sefosholosa and Chandler.

 

 

Someone get Regina Davis in here to tell me to go to bed bc it's not gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Does this mean they can still get dieng? 

 

At this rate they will need both Dieng and Niang to form some sort of cock-sounding power rangers combo. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Does this mean they can still get dieng? 

They could if they send more pieces out to make the money work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But to be honest, even if Houston get Dieng, what we've learned today is that they're committed to playing small-ball. He might be limited to spot starts or matchup minutes at this point based on what they're looking for in a C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

But to be honest, even if Houston get Dieng, what we've learned today is that they're committed to playing small-ball. He might be limited to spot starts or matchup minutes at this point based on what they're looking for in a C.

Nah f that. They’ll play him a couple times see how good it is and run his a** out there. Even though they’re committed to small ball, their biggest issue has always been wanting a stretch 5 to fit in w dantonis system. Dieng would be exactly that

Edited by Flamez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csklmf said:

When Capela was out, Hartenstein was DNP. I don't think he gets enough playing time to be relevant


I think it was part of a leverage play for the trade. They needed capela to look indispensable to them. Extract the most value. If they played hartenstein then it would look like capela is replaceable, thus losing value. 
 

I still think hartenstein is the add here. Pending more Houston moves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, elaw77 said:


I think it was part of a leverage play for the trade. They needed capela to look indispensable to them. Extract the most value. If they played hartenstein then it would look like capela is replaceable, thus losing value. 
 

I still think hartenstein is the add here. Pending more Houston moves. 

 

Would seem clever except they still appear to be looking for a C and that follow up tweet by Woj suggesting they are still looking to bring someone in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

 

Would seem clever except they still appear to be looking for a C and that follow up tweet by Woj suggesting they are still looking to bring someone in.

 I concur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they have around 15M to spend, they definitely will do more trades!

Otherwise they just gave up Capela, 1st rounder and Nene for RoCo and Bell.... ridicolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

they have around 15M to spend, they definitely will do more trades!

Otherwise they just gave up Capela, 1st rounder and Nene for RoCo and Bell.... ridicolous

They don't have more assets to give up though bc they gave up a ton of firsts for Westbrook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets face it the Rockets were screwed if they come up against AD anyway.  Even with Capela that Lakers team is too big.    

 

It wouldn't surprise me if Houston go after Dedmon.  He's not the most mobile but he's a rim protector who can give you 20-25 decent mins as a floor spacing C and he's not horrible in the pick and roll.  I really hope the Rockets give this young Hartenstein guy some decent mins though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

They might as well go after Whiteside now

they need C that can defend a bit and shot some 3s... like Thies, Diend, Dedmon,...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pumbaa said:

they need C that can defend a bit and shot some 3s... like Thies, Diend, Dedmon,...

 

What... They don't need a center to shoot threes.... What.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys, Dieng and Dedmon make too much money. If they want a C, which they probably do because I don't think they're going to run Hartenstein against the Lakers 3 bigs of Davis/McGee/Dwight, they will probably shop for a cheaper option. They're not going into the luxury tax for the likes of Dieng or Dedmon. It'll be someone cheaper like Nerlens Noel (if available), Baynes, etc. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

You guys, Dieng and Dedmon make too much money. If they want a C, which they probably do because I don't think they're going to run Hartenstein against the Lakers 3 bigs of Davis/McGee/Dwight, they will probably shop for a cheaper option. They're not going into the luxury tax for the likes of Dieng or Dedmon. It'll be someone cheaper like Nerlens Noel (if available), Baynes, etc. 

 

Baynes is actually a really good shout but he's only a season rental.  He's a free agent after this season I believe and someone other than Houston will probably overpay him.  Considering Houston don't seem to care about their future then that may not stop them from going after a 2019-20 only option.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is everybody afraid of the Lakers if you don’t have a big that can guard Zubac/Harrell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bunch of garbage swapping with no other news so the only one is labeled as "Blockbuster". 

 

Most boring trade season EVERRRRRR. ARCHIVE THIS THREAD! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I need the logic of that trade explained to me. Why was Denver involved and what did they get out of it?

They got a pick for 2 players that they weren't going to sign in the offseason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

Bunch of garbage swapping with no other news so the only one is labeled as "Blockbuster". 

 

Most boring trade season EVERRRRRR. ARCHIVE THIS THREAD! 

 

Deadline isn’t til tomorrow dude. Plenty more action left. Although it won’t come close to past year’s deadline. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

Bunch of garbage swapping with no other news so the only one is labeled as "Blockbuster". 

 

Most boring trade season EVERRRRRR. ARCHIVE THIS THREAD! 

I forgot which season it was, I would like to say 2016 but whatever year it was that was the most boring trade season ever. Absolutely no one of importance moved or had someone move to unleash anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.