larfboy

2020 NBA Trade Deadline News and Rumors

5 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

The focal point of that trade request was the 1st round draft pick. They should've taken it.

Detroit homer here, and I agree with this. Pistons front office going to eff this up no doubt. 

If RoCo to Dallas happens I would assume Wolves get Brunson, DFS and picks? Another team to watch is Toronto, Masai doesn't stand pat so will be interesting to see what he does and I can't wait to laugh at the Knicks 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

If RoCo to Dallas happens I would assume Wolves get Brunson, DFS and picks? Another team to watch is Toronto, Masai doesn't stand pat so will be interesting to see what he does and I can't wait to laugh at the Knicks 

Brunson was the first piece I thought of when I seen the Wolves/Mavs rumors. I'm assuming that Minny will go after the bigger fish first though. DLo, Aaron Holiday, and there's probably another 1-2 off the radar they are interested in. If they miss out on those, they'll probably focus on Brunson. I'm assuming RoCo can get them a PG a tier above Brunson. They'll probably do their due diligence first, obviously. Can definitely see Brunson happening tho.

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

True about the Raptors. They have a lot of expiring contracts and Masai hasn’t been one to play it safe.  Lots of rumors swirling regarding Drummond and others.

4 minutes ago, Kawz said:

True about the Raptors. They have a lot of expiring contracts and Masai hasn’t been one to play it safe.  Lots of rumors swirling regarding Drummond and others.

Personally don't want Drummond, as good as he is for fantasy he is not very good in real life. Can't space the floor or shoot, makes bad decisions and not a very good defender. I really hope we keep Gasol he is the only dude who can shut down Embiid and his spacing and playmaking ability is very solid. I have seen Gallo's name float around also 

• Like 1

I'll just echo what other people have said: As great as Drummond is to us, until he proves he can lead a team to like a top 5 seed (in the East, no less!) he's not deserving of some huge haul.  With the right build in fantasy, the guy is absolutely crazy elite, but the NBA isn't fantasy.  Look what Favors does for the Pelicans in helping them win.  When Ayton went out, look how Baynes fit in and helped them win.  Why spend crazy money on Drummond when you could have someone like those two and do just as well?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Bertans to Lakers would be interesting imagine the looks with Lebron out there

Please no, unless Kuzma goes and I don't see that happening.  Even if Kuzma does, still too many bigs and mouths to feed, don't see Bertans getting more PT or usage than with Wiz.

7 minutes ago, CrockPot said:

Please no, unless Kuzma goes and I don't see that happening.  Even if Kuzma does, still too many bigs and mouths to feed, don't see Bertans getting more PT or usage than with Wiz.

Lol what bigs? Howard is playing more only because AD is out, McGee barely plays and who else would Bertans lose minutes to? Caruso? KCP? Bradley lmao he is way better than those scrubs and yes Kuzma would get dealt 

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Personally don't want Drummond, as good as he is for fantasy he is not very good in real life. Can't space the floor or shoot, makes bad decisions and not a very good defender. I really hope we keep Gasol he is the only dude who can shut down Embiid and his spacing and playmaking ability is very solid. I have seen Gallo's name float around also 

Yeah the Raptors could use some more consistent shooting.  

1 hour ago, Kawz said:

Yeah the Raptors could use some more consistent shooting.  

Raps should be all over RoCo imo he is the perfect Nurse player. Very good defender and can shoot. Can mentor OG also and that cheap contract is too good to pass on 

Usually when the next draft class is not so great, like next year, there are never many trades. Lots of posturing during the season for summer moves but nothing really big will go down in these types of years when up and coming prospects are slim. Kat ain’t moving Adams ain’t moving. My advice keep playing as if no trades will go down. If they do then boom but no boom for anyone playing less than 14 team. I suppose unless you play roto toto. 
love or triston to Toronto is the only big names I see being moved. 

Edited by Bugs bunny

Will be interesting to see what Cleveland do. If they move love and/or TT it’s not like they have emerging bigs to develop (bar KPJ) and have you seen all the coaching TT has been doing for the younger players lollll. As for twolves whatever PG they get back for Roco will be a race to add off the wire 

24 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

Will be interesting to see what Cleveland do. If they move love and/or TT it’s not like they have emerging bigs to develop (bar KPJ) and have you seen all the coaching TT has been doing for the younger players lollll. As for twolves whatever PG they get back for Roco will be a race to add off the wire 

Yeah I’d bet in Love staying. Unfortunate for him but he dug his own hole and owners see that.  If you follow the money there’s no sense for Cleveland to rush a trade.  Really no reason for any team to rush a trade this year. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

Cleveland Toronto Milwaukee Ny  Really only guys in the east that could/should make move. Jabari coming back to Milwaukee will most likely happen 

lol meant go to Utah for Jabari 

Edited by Bugs bunny

I don’t think there’s any major moves out there for the Raptors to make

10 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Yeah Thankyou you right I don’t see it either. I mean milw, Tor , phi, and what Mia . Pretty sure they will all stay put. We’ll have to wait and see I guess. Boston is set 

I do think the ball for trades is dependent on what the East does though.  And Drummond will be a key piece in rearrangement of league going into next year. Not this year 

you just talked me into a circle thankyou . 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kilslo said:

A move like this could have some interesting fantasy implications 

If the Spurs really think the Heat are interested in either one of these dudes, then they've completely lost their minds. 

Kevin Love is the guy that will complete the roster and gives the Heat a real chance of a Finals run. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

Raptors should send Lowry for Holmes and first round picks ;) STEAL STEAL STEAL !

Derozan wont fit in MIA with jimmy b. LA is a much better fit in MIA

Edited by simon

1 hour ago, kilslo said:

A move like this could have some interesting fantasy implications 

This twitter account is not even verified. Thank goodness. If Woj or Shams tweeted it out, then I would've had a stroke.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

If the Spurs really think the Heat are interested in either one of these dudes, then they've completely lost their minds. 

Kevin Love is the guy that will complete the roster and gives the Heat a real chance of a Finals run. 

Love doesn’t play D and is on an atrocious contract no one is trading for him. Miami is also going to be a major player for free agents in 2 years and Pat Riley thinks he can get Giannis. All those bad contracts ( JJ, KO, DW, GD) they handed out are finally coming off the books 

26 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

What part of Love's game makes you say this? If it's the floor-stretching, LaMarcus is doing a remarkable job of that this year. The percentage (43.7%) is almost certainly unsustainable, but he's taking and making career highs from behind the arc.

Aldridge's rebounding has fallen off a bit this year but that would seem to be less of a priority with Adebayo manning the middle.

I do agree that DeRozan doesn't make much sense for the Heat. His skill set is similar to Butler and his defense is strictly worse.