larfboy

2020 NBA Trade Deadline News and Rumors

34 minutes ago, HLFReborn said:

Raptors should send Lowry for Holmes and first round picks ;) STEAL STEAL STEAL !

I’m sorry, but WTF are you talking about

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I’m sorry, but WTF are you talking about

He’s probably 12

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Love doesn’t play D and is on an atrocious contract no one is trading for him. Miami is also going to be a major player for free agents in 2 years and Pat Riley thinks he can get Giannis. All those bad contracts ( JJ, KO, DW, GD) they handed out are finally coming off the books 

14 minutes ago, markdash said:

What part of Love's game makes you say this? If it's the floor-stretching, LaMarcus is doing a remarkable job of that this year. The percentage (43.7%) is almost certainly unsustainable, but he's taking and making career highs from behind the arc.

Aldridge's rebounding has fallen off a bit this year but that would seem to be less of a priority with Adebayo manning the middle.

I do agree that DeRozan doesn't make much sense for the Heat. His skill set is similar to Butler and his defense is strictly worse.

The Heat's main issue(s) right now are size and the ability to finish off opponents. Not only K Love checks off both of those, he fits next to Bam perfectly and as you already said @markdash, more floor spacing around Butler. Plus he has the playoff pedigree. He's everything the Heat need right now. Not a soft big in Aldridge who will shoot mid range fadeaways or a guard who can't hit perimeter shots.

Edited by Trench Mob

3 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Not trying to police the thread but we should probably limit speculation to actual sourced rumors and the resulting fantasy impact. Otherwise this will become a giant mess. 

Yea, I saw this thread was on fire and clicked sooo fast lol

I agree. If you want to talk about dream scenarios or want to play GM, make a thread titled “I want to be a GM”, and have fun in there.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Im curious about denver, they seem to be one trade away from being legitimate title favorites but all the trade rumors involving them are s---y—getting jrue holiday, trading away MPJ, etc. I mean why would you trade for someone that will take the ball out of jokic’s hands?

i would like them to get a legit 3&D wing who can guard positions 1 to 3, ala danny green. Roco would be nice, but i’d like someone who can guard opposing PG’s for long stretches as well.

10 minutes ago, simon said:

Im curious about denver, they seem to be one trade away from being legitimate title favorites but all the trade rumors involving them are s---y—getting jrue holiday, trading away MPJ, etc. I mean why would you trade for someone that will take the ball out of jokic’s hands?

i would like them to get a legit 3&D wing who can guard positions 1 to 3, ala danny green. Roco would be nice, but i’d like someone who can guard opposing PG’s for long stretches as well.

You mean Jerami Grant? Or Torrey Craig?

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

You mean Jerami Grant? Or Torrey Craig?

A more mobile jerami grant, or torrey craig who can shoot.

57 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

The Heat's main issue(s) right now are size and the ability to finish off opponents. Not only K Love checks off both of those, he fits next to Bam perfectly and as you already said @markdash, more floor spacing around Butler. Plus he has the playoff pedigree. He's everything the Heat need right now. Not a soft big in Aldridge who will shoot mid range fadeaways or a guard who can't hit perimeter shots.

Gallo makes the most sense. Stretch 4 who can flat out score and on a expiring contract. Unless Cavs attack a first no one is touching Love he dug his own grave so he can lay in it 

KAT's thread had way more trade roumors than this thread until yesterday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simon said:

I haven't seen one rumor that would suggest the Nuggets would trade MPJ. To my knowledge he's practically untouchable.  

Can we please keep it to legit rumors and not idle speculation? 

Butler and Derozan sound like a locker room blowup just waiting to happen. Butler would need about 2 games to blow up at Demar for his effort/commitment to defense lol

15 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

THREEZA returns! 

Maybe if he can wrestle the ball out of the hands of Melo/Dame/CJ

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

THREEZA returns! 

If anyone, I would take a flier on Simons. No winners from this trade tho.

who's the juiciest add in waiting at the deadline do you guys think? my league is super shallow so it hurts you bad to hold someone for a month just in case. so my trigger finger will be ready come deadlie time. Im thinking the likes of  Noel (thunder doing well hurts this possibility), KPJ/Nance (despite his horrible form to date), Wood, who else? 

6 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

who's the juiciest add in waiting at the deadline do you guys think? my league is super shallow so it hurts you bad to hold someone for a month just in case. so my trigger finger will be ready come deadlie time. Im thinking the likes of  Noel (thunder doing well hurts this possibility), KPJ/Nance (despite his horrible form to date), Wood, who else? 

Nobody in super shallow. Even in 10 teamers it’s pretty rare for the trade deadline to have much of an impact.  

7 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

Keep an eye on Malik Beasley and Denzel Valentine 

Edited by DonutGiveUp
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

Jakob Poeltl.

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Jakob Poeltl.

Why? Unless Aldridge is traded I don't see his fortunes improving 

Just now, Gile Pile said:

Why? Unless Aldridge is traded I don't see his fortunes improving 

Because... Trade deadline?

Poeltl to the Hawks has been a thing for a few days now too.