larfboy

2020 NBA Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Seeing possible Capela trade to Atl, Houston wants and wing and center. (Cam,Jabari, Len?) Capela is due 14.8 mil so this deal should work, thoughts?

Edited by DezedandConfused

19 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Seeing possible Capela trade to Atl, Houston wants and wing and center. (Cam,Jabari, Len?) Capela is due 14.8 mil so this deal should work, thoughts?

Decent depth move for the Rockets. Harden and Russ will make sure whatever C comes back will get fed all game and look good. Nabbing Cam would be interesting but Jabari seems more likely.

Just now, m1dday said:

Decent depth move for the Rockets. Harden and Russ will make sure whatever C comes back will get fed all game and look good. Nabbing Cam would be interesting but Jabari seems more likely.

Another wing would need to be included for the salaries to match along with one of the Centers and jabari

21 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

No way Hawks deal Cam and Rockets would probably want Hunter he’s the type of wing they need

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

No way Hawks deal Cam and Rockets would probably want Hunter he’s the type of wing they need

Hunter wont get sealed by Atl, also he makes 7m compared to 4m for Cam.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Another wing would need to be included for the salaries to match along with one of the Centers and jabari

Yeah I just did the math too and you're right, could likely be a three team trade but not sure with who though.

Hawks have called Orlando about Bamba and Knicks have discussed getting Schroeder for Knox

As a dennis owner hope he stays -_-

• Like 1

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

As a dennis owner hope he stays -_-

Can’t see OKC letting him go while in a playoff spot plus they use the guard lineup a lot 

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Hunter wont get sealed by Atl, also he makes 7m compared to 4m for Cam.

Rockets shoot a ton of threes and Cam is not a good shooter at all and is more of a guard. If they could add Hunter would be a massive pickup but we’ll see. Thursday should be interesting 

2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Can’t see OKC letting him go while in a playoff spot plus they use the guard lineup a lot 

Also what team is actively targeting Kevin Knox...

• Haha 1

Rockets shoot a ton of threes and Cam is not a good shooter at all and is more of a guard. If they could add Hunter would be a massive pickup but we’ll see. Thursday should be interesting 

Cam is shooting 40% from three on 4+ attempts in January, that's pretty good.

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

Wait, just looked up more about this guy, he's been wrong far more than he's been correct with rumors lol

1 minute ago, m1dday said:

Wait, just looked up more about this guy, he's been wrong far more than he's been correct with rumors lol

Knox is a bust lol

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Knox is a bust lol

Yeah that one makes no sense at all. OKC can get better for Schroder and out of everyone in the roster definitely not Knox lmao

As trade deadline looms on Thursday, Houston is engaged with several Eastern Conference teams -- including Atlanta -- on C Clint Capela, league sources tell ESPN. There are a few multi-team trade scenarios in play.

10 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Almost everyone is outside of woj shams and Marc Stein. Always rumours and I love the wording of that tweet - ‘If’ and ‘could’. Basically what he is saying is that he has no clue and is 100% speculating. 

Just now, rfhamilton said:

Almost everyone is outside of woj shams and Marc Stein. Always rumours and I love the wording of that tweet - ‘If’ and ‘could’. Basically what he is saying is that he has no clue and is 100% speculating. 

Have to try to get some follower clout somehow 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kind of ripped while watching the Super Bowl so I feel much smarter than I am.  However, I am trying to figure out how Houston benefits from moving Capela.  Is it a contract expiration free agency issue?  I just don't see anyone on the Hawks roster outside of Trae and Collins who provides much improvement.  If they are looking for a wing player, I think House and even Tucker and Gordon, at their age, are better options given the window available with Harden and Westbrook.  Trading Capela seems to me like they would be packing it in this year. Not that they will be competing for a championship with him.

Edited by mbroo5880i

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Kind of ripped while watching the Super Bowl so I feel much smarter than I am.  However, I am trying to figure out how Houston benefits from moving Capela.  Is it a contract expiration free agency issue?  I just don't see anyone on the Hawks roster outside of Trae and Collins who provides much improvement.  If they are looking for a wing player, I think House and even Tucker and Gordon, at their age, are better options given the window available with Harden and Westbrook.  Trading Capela seems to me like they would be packing it in this year. Not that they will be competing for a championship with him.

Maybe they feel Hartenstein could fill the Capela role and they could go for a big time move in Free Agency?

I'm not sure. Hartenstein has been amazing though when he has been given minutes.

Edited by j3rkthenurk
  • Like 1

Just now, j3rkthenurk said:

Maybe they feel Hartenstein could fill the Capela role and they could go for big time move in Free Agency?

I'm not sure. Hartenstein has been amazing though when he has been given minutes.

That makes sense.  He would obviously be cheaper.  So, maybe moving Capela for a solid wing scorer and cap relief would be the goal.

12 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That makes sense.  He would obviously be cheaper.  So, maybe moving Capela for a solid wing scorer and cap relief would be the goal.

Also maybe Capela's injury is more serious than they're letting on. As their one of the few trade pieces they have adding more depth isnt a bad idea, especially with them playing small ball most of the time anyway just surround with more shooters.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

It would almost certainly be a three team trade or more. Send Capela to the Hawks for draft assets, move the draft assets for wing+center.