larfboy

2020 NBA Trade Deadline News and Rumors

2 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Why did the Grizzlies trade for Dieng? What's the point?

Take some of the minutes and reliance off JVal, the guy always has a niggle. 

He'll get 15 minutes off the bench, JVal ain't playing 35 min+ like KAT. 

Just now, Espoiral said:

Beasley

Juancho

Napier

Okogie

Harkless?

Wood is not a pickup.

Slo-mo might be a good add.  Sekou MAYBE, and if Casey plays Henson next to Wood that also might be interesting. 

Ish might take minutes over Napier (they're both meh).

1 minute ago, steempot said:

TBJ or daimon lee, i could pick up either. 

Damion Lee for immediate future, TBJ for higher upside if/when Wiz turns him loose.

Cavs and Grizz stocking up on centers this deadline while Rockets dont want any. Its been a weird day.

How do y'all feel about Markieff with Drummond gone? 

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Tristan Thompson was not moved ahead of Thursday's trade deadline according to Joe Vardon of The Athletic.

With Thompson not being moved and the Cavaliers having acquired Andre Drummond from the Pistons, the buyout market is now worth watching. But according to Vardon, Klutch Sports clients (Thompson is represented by Rich Paul) historically have not taken buyouts. But with there being a reported desire from his representation to see the veteran center elsewhere, Thompson may wind up going that route with an eye towards joining a contender.

Buyout and joins Houston?

Out of the $18.5 million hes making this season, hes probably already been paid like $10 million of that. Might as well take the buyout of the $8.5 million left and join a contender. However, he will probably never receive anything close to a $8.5 million yearly deal again so he might just say screw that Im collecting every single penny and join a contender next season.

3 minutes ago, forsenCD said:

Only made one for myself and that's Looney. Wood, Malik, Juancho were all gone, and Harkless and Henson aren't very appealing.

Joshy Lloyd said that James Johnson is worth a look if he starts over Juancho 🤷‍♀️

Cant see JJ being relevant at his age but i guess we'll see

Just now, ROTY said:

Cant see JJ being relevant at his age but i guess we'll see

i think TBJ could be decent

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steempot said:

how come u got all the upvotes and i didnt 😢

sorry man, I just gave you a like lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WFK said:

How do y'all feel about Markieff with Drummond gone? 

Could be a buyout candidate

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

Out of the $18.5 million hes making this season, hes probably already been paid like $10 million of that. Might as well take the buyout of the $8.5 million left and join a contender. However, he will probably never receive anything close to a $8.5 million yearly deal again so he might just say screw that Im collecting every single penny and join a contender next season.

Yeah, that's difficult because TT owners just don't know whether to hold or drop.  

If he stays with Cleveland, he's a fairly easy drop.  If he gets bought out, it's really uncertain since he could either sign with a contender (I could only imagine him retaining possible value with a team like the Rockets or Clips in that case), or a garbage team; the former would likely kill his value, and the latter could possibly improve him.

6 minutes ago, kilslo said:

I held on to my adds all week and now here I am using one on Bruno Caboclo who is hurt lol

why would you add him? dumb move

4 minutes ago, MWon said:

Slo-mo might be a good add.

He's only good for Rotisserie. But after last season, he's dead to me. 

Might give him another chance -_-

TBH though it feels kinda fun getting dizzy by trying to follow all these trades, I've no idea if I can actually do anything of any significance. Nance and Clarke seem like potential deadwood, but while TBJ/James Johnson/Beasley/Lee/Napier are options that could be entertained, nothing really screams gold. Besides Wood(?), hard to gauge value too clearly anywhere.

Edited by brickcitymamba

8 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Tristan Thompson was not moved ahead of Thursday's trade deadline according to Joe Vardon of The Athletic.

With Thompson not being moved and the Cavaliers having acquired Andre Drummond from the Pistons, the buyout market is now worth watching. But according to Vardon, Klutch Sports clients (Thompson is represented by Rich Paul) historically have not taken buyouts. But with there being a reported desire from his representation to see the veteran center elsewhere, Thompson may wind up going that route with an eye towards joining a contender.

Buyout and joins Houston?

I saw a quote that said his preferred landing spots were Miami or Boston

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

lol u do know there is a hide all sig option?

but that would just be rude lol 

People take so much time designing their sig in hope of strangers reading them and impressing them 

• Haha 2

According to Marc Stein of the New York Times the Lakers are expected to work out J.R. Smith, possibly as soon as next week.

The Lakers stood pat at the trade deadline, so the focus now shifts to the buyout market. Smith is a free agent, and his shooting ability would help fill a need for the team that currently has the West's best record. Another name to watch in connection with the Lakers is point guard Darren Collison, who's considering a return to the NBA after abruptly retiring during the summer.

Lebron's favorite

This has been such a rollercoaster ride for me and Melton, now he looks a good stash with JJ out

• Like 2

I like Jerome Robinson with the Wizards. They don't care about winning and play the youngsters, all offense, no defense, much lesser talent on the roster than in LA etc.

4 minutes ago, crocp said:

why would you add him? dumb move

I'm in a 18 team league and had two IR spots open 

3 minutes ago, forsenCD said:

Anyone looking at Slo-Mo in Memphis as starting SF after all the moves Memphis made?

That's actually interesting, yeah. But I'm looking very slowly.

• Haha 1