K197040

Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Strangely enough, just drafted Aaron Jones for the very first time. Pretty much all the RBs flew off the board, and I had to reach a bit. Anyone able to reassure/terrify me in 30 words or less?

Dude had nineteen touchdowns last season, and the word on the street is that the team is looking to lock him up. Rest easy. You got yourself a solid player. (30 words)

Edited by deezel629
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Strangely enough, just drafted Aaron Jones for the very first time. Pretty much all the RBs flew off the board, and I had to reach a bit. Anyone able to reassure/terrify me in 30 words or less?

As a packers fan he is the most talented back we’ve had in a long time.  Even with limited touches Jones can and will put up big numbers.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think a lot of people are gonna regret passing him in the 1st/early 2nd rounds. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I think a lot of people are gonna regret passing him in the 1st/early 2nd rounds. 

I got him in my keep two league with the 7th pick. One of the fastest picks I've ever made.

Dude is gonna continue his tear this year. He was the 2nd best RB last year, only CMac was better obviously. Jones has a lot to do with the Packers being only 1 game away from the SuperBowl. He is definitely in the future plans for GB and a deal will get done any day now. He will easily be a Top #7 back if not better, even if there is regression on his TDs. Can’t believe people continue to sleep on this guy. AJ Dillon is a non threat and Williams is the cuff. Fire Jones up with great confidence in 2020.

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be the end of the world for Jones owners. Also, aren't we supposed to be terrified that Jones scored TOO many TDs last year. You never want a guy who scores too many TDs, that's bad... for some reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

His catches/performances benefitted from adams/williams being out. Adams is back.

He is touch down dependent and they got aj dillion.

He isnt a bellcow but your drafting him like one.

He splits ALOT/snaps/starts/carries with Williams, now they also have dillon.

They are going to throw more based on GB history/schedule will force it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

His catches/performances benefitted from adams/williams being out. Adams is back.

You should stretch before taking such leaps in logic 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

You should stretch before taking such leaps in logic 

He's just regurgitating the same stuff that's already been refuted multiple times in this thread already lol 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

If you're serious, then I can't help you. 

If this is an attempt to parody the God-awful narratives that have surrounded Jones all offseason, then outstanding job.

This guy is by far the most polarizing RB among top options IMO. Somewhat consciously, I ended up with zero shares of him in 6 money leagues, but he was consistently drafted by mid second (or similarly priced in auctions).

I just don't have a clear idea of how LaFleuer and/or Rodgers will operate this year. That's my main reason in avoiding him a bit. And I had Jones in a league last year so I know the upsides too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, young dude said:

This guy is by far the most polarizing RB among top options IMO. Somewhat consciously, I ended up with zero shares of him in 6 money leagues, but he was consistently drafted by mid second (or similarly priced in auctions).

I just don't have a clear idea of how LaFleuer and/or Rodgers will operate this year. That's my main reason in avoiding him a bit. And I had Jones in a league last year so I know the upsides too.

Why dont you have a clear IDEA? They have one good WR. Why would they go away from what worked?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Why dont you have a clear IDEA? They have one good WR. Why would they go away from what worked?

Yep.   And it’s Lafleur.  Run based system with opportunistic play action off of it.   

Jones is set up for a wildly successful season and a new contract 

• Like 1

ah the winds of change in this thread, such a diff tone now hah

appreciate all the skepticism letting me snag Jones cheap in both my money leagues though

about to sign an extension, nose for the end zone, good receiving back, good QB, Run based Head Coach

choo.........................choo

• Like 3

16 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

His catches/performances benefitted from adams/williams being out.

7 of his 19 TDs .....36.8%

22 of his 49 RECs ......44.8%

In the 4 gms Adams missed.....25%

He has a bit of a point.

• Like 1

I avoided drafting him this year. I had him last year and it was a constant headache figuring out if he was gonna have a 20+ point game or post a 4-5 point dud.... he is too talented to leave off your starting lineup but he isn't going to provide you a stable weekly floor. Barring any injuries to AJ Dillon or Jamal Wiliiams, I suspect Jones' average snap count will decrease from last year and therefore less opportunities to produce as he did last year

• Haha 1

Also Jamaal Williams isn't going away:

And in video form... Rodgers talks nearly 2 min about Williams and also said that Dillon will need some time, before he's getting some opportunities:

• Like 2

His catches/performances benefited from Williams/Adam being out. Adams is back.

Yards From Scrimmage per game for Jones-

39,150,23, 58 (Williams Out), 183 (Adams/Williams Out), 60 (Adams Out), 83 (Adams Out), 226 (Adams Out), 31, 93, 38, 31, 192, 51, 160

Notice some of his biggest games week 5 (adams and williams were out) and week 8 adams was out. 

He is touch down dependent and they got AJ Dillon

He only had above 100 total yards from scrimmage in 5 games and he had a lot of dud weeks and is inconsistent. Now they have an ideal goal line back in Dillon who will have a role. 

He isnt a bellcow but your drafting him like one.He splits ALOT/snaps/starts/carries with Williams, now they also have dillon.

Snaps/Touches per game. Jones and Williams

1. J-59%-14    W-41%-7

2. J-58%-27    W-47%-12

3. J-39%-11    W-61%-14

4. J-84%-19   W- 1%-1 Injured on first carry

5. J-68%-26    W- Injured

6. J-49%-15    W- 53%-18

7. J-57%-16   W-40%-7

8. J-64%-20   W-46%-10

9. J-59%-9  W-44%-8

10.J-50%-13   W-50%-13

12.J-51%-13   W-49%-18

13.J-58%-15    W-42%-14

14. J-58%-22     W-42%-7

15. J-59%-15   W-41%-9

16. J-68%-25      W-27%-8

Williams out-touched/matched him in touches in 4 games and was off by one in 6. In the games that they both played the touches were Jones: 215 Williams: 145 excluding weeks 4/5. So basically 60/40 split and now they have a highly drafted rookie bruiser who will probably be used around the goal line. I could see 50-35-15

Looking at their schedule they have: Lions, Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Texans, 49ers, Eagles, Lions, Panthers. IMO they are going to have to throw to keep up in 9/16 games and this could mean abandoning the run.

Plus Green Bay is traditionally top 10 in passing attempts.

2019- #2,

2018-#8,

2017-Rodgers injury 

2016- #1

2015- #3

2014- #12

• Thanks 3

Drafted him with the 14th pick in my 0.5 PPR 12 team and also paid $36 in a 12 team, 1 PPR auction league. I don't think his question marks are any worse than those of the other backs going around him and the guy was an absolute stud last year. 

I think the AJ Dillon hype is completely overblown and the Packers were at their best when leaning on him last year. He's also got a nose for the end zone so the belief that he'll cede all that work to Dillon is based on nothing besides Dillon's size. 

Edited by Edgeraid

The only time in my life where I heard an injured stud WR being out HELPED a RB. Thats a new one.

4 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Oh man...a lot of Jones owners are going to be so disappointed this season. 

Care to elaborate on this? 

• Haha 1