K197040

Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, Corleone said:

Once this week's games are done, I'll be updating the above post with another RB1/green listing for Jones. 

Thanks for updating us to to let us know you’ll be updating us.   But you can probably skip the spreadsheet.  I’m fairly confident I know where to slot him in. 

• Haha 1

Jones : 18 carries / 8 targets

Williams : 8 carries / 0 targets 

That’s good stuff.

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Thanks for updating us to to let us know you’ll be updating us.   But you can probably skip the spreadsheet.  I’m fairly confident I know where to slot him in. 

You heard him, boys. No need for your numbers and logic 'round these parts. Nothing to see here...

• Thanks 2

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

You heard him, boys. No need for your numbers and logic 'round these parts. Nothing to see here...

Lol.   The chart is fine. But he already posted it.  

10 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You seem like you really know your stuff based on your analysis here. You've been so spot-on so far. 

8 minutes ago, Corleone said:

You seem like you really know your stuff based on your analysis here. You've been so spot-on so far. 

I’m willing to eat crow. I’ve always said Jones is talented.  My concern was always the split with Williams.  And the targets.  At this point, those don’t look like issues this season.  I’m lucky that I have him as a mid round keeper in one league. But unfortunately my concerns kept me from drafting him anywhere else.  If this usage continues, then congrats to everyone who drafted him.  I’ll certainly ride the coattails.  

The 50% catch rate is super concerning though. 

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the #1 RB this season.

Barkley is hurt. CMC is hurt. 

... I'd be surprised if he WASN'T the #1 RB this season. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Barkley is hurt. CMC is hurt. 

... I'd be surprised if he WASN'T the #1 RB this season. 

Until he gets hurt, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2020 at 1:11 PM, nmartinez12443 said:

One of the most talented backs? Top 3? Barkley, Zeke, Chubb, Hunt, Jacobs, Henry,Kamara, Mixon, Drake, and arguably Fournette are more talented IMO. 

Top half rb1 that would mean top 6. 1.CMC 2. Barkley 3. Zeke 4. Kamara 5. Cook 6. Mixon 7. Henry  8. Drake 9. Probably CEH   Then you have Jacobs/Sanders/IMO Fournette. 

In what world can you justify a guy who splits carries 3 ways on a mediocre offense to be a top 6 running back and over those guys?

We are from Earth🌎, what planet u from? Let me guess the furthest in the Solar System....Saturn🪐? There are only 3 backs in the league rn that I “might” consider over Aaron Jones. Top 5 guy for sure...u missed badly on this Stud! 

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I’m willing to eat crow. I’ve always said Jones is talented.  My concern was always the split with Williams.  And the targets.  At this point, those don’t look like issues this season.  I’m lucky that I have him as a mid round keeper in one league. But unfortunately my concerns kept me from drafting him anywhere else.  If this usage continues, then congrats to everyone who drafted him.  I’ll certainly ride the coattails.  

The 50% catch rate is super concerning though. 

The 50% catch rate were over throws or misses from Rodgers, 2 misses were deep throws in the end zone if u watched the game. If Rodgers hits him he would of had 60+ pts easily.

26 minutes ago, K197040 said:

The 50% catch rate is super concerning though

Lol I take it you didn’t see the throws 

• Thanks 1

yeah i got to admit myself .. i listened to too many podcasts and reading top notch pro fantasy articles in yahoo roto and "fantasypros" over dissecting numbers and amount of carries and repeatable touchdown rate and yaddda yadda.. AND the packers drafted AJ Dillion for A reason in the second round. (if i heard that one quote more time haha).. but yeah the guy is so explosive. Had him last year in 2 leagues. Jones is so special to own his versatility and speed is umatched. Congrats who stole him in the second round this year

Him and Kamara are great examples of guys that can produce 20 pts on a given week with less than 20 touches. Their touches are just so high quality due to the balance of the offense. Great spot to be in and a great talent in said spot as well.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

We are from Earth🌎, what planet u from? Let me guess the furthest in the Solar System....Saturn🪐? There are only 3 backs in the league rn that I “might” consider over Aaron Jones. Top 5 guy for sure...u missed badly on this Stud! 

In his defense, everyone was all over me for that claim. The consensus among the fantasy community was to fade Jones this offseason. I will never understand why.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

We are from Earth🌎, what planet u from? Let me guess the furthest in the Solar System....Saturn🪐? There are only 3 backs in the league rn that I would “might” consider over Aaron Jones. Top 5 guy for sure...u missed badly on this Stud! 

Come on man you really going to come on after a monster game and post this and yes I stand by my comment. He is NOT a top 5 back in real life in terms of talent (chubb, barkley, CMC, Zeke, Hunt, Kamara, Taylor, Henry) are more talented. He is NOT a top 5 back in fantasy in full ppr , I would rather have zeke, CEH, CMC (if healthy), Kamara, Cook, Henry, , but I will admit he is having a great year so far.

My rationale is that he is not getting a full workload in terms of snaps and touches and Williams eats too much into his work and I expected that to continue and in a way it has, but he has been ULTRA efficient Kamara like, so he is doing well. I personally would sell high. 

Snaps for week 1:  Jones: 54%      Williams: 40%     Touches: Jones: 20      Williams/Dillon: 13

week 2 touches:  Jones 22    Williams/Dillon: 13

So I'll eat crow, but my arguments stands. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Haha 3

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

Come on man you really going to come on after a monster game and post this and yes I stand by my comment. He is NOT a top 5 back in real life in terms of talent (chubb, barkley, CMC, Zeke, Hunt, Kamara, Taylor, Henry) are more talented. He is NOT a top 5 back in fantasy in full ppr , I would rather have zeke, CEH, CMC (if healthy), Kamara, Cook, Henry, , but I will admit he is having a great year so far.

My rationale is that he that is note getting a full workload in terms of snaps and touches and Williams eats too much into his work.

Snaps for week 1:  Jones: 54%      Williams: 40%     Touches: Jones: 20      Williams/Dillon: 13

Guess you didn't see his runs/monster catch. Dude has talent. Not sure you can dispute it. I'd take him over Henry, Chubb, Hunt, and Cook at this point. 

Titans are leaning on Tannehill and Henry looks like nothing special. Hunt and Chubb could easily both bust weekly depending on usage. Cook has to deal with Mattison and the Vikings overall look like a bust. 

Rodgers has Jones' trust, without a doubt. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

My rationale is that he that is note getting a full workload in terms of snaps and touches and Williams eats too much into his work.

Yes. He. Is. Chubb does NOTHING better than Jones. Taylor does not belong in the same discussion as Jones. Henry does NOTHING better than Jones. 

CMC and Barkley are the only guys who are clearly "more talented". Arguments could be made for Zeke and Cook, for sure, and maybe Kamara. Jacobs shouldn't be omitted either.

On talent, I'd go:

CMC

Barkley

Jones

Cook

Kamara

Zeke

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

yeah i got to admit myself .. i listened to too many podcasts and reading top notch pro fantasy articles in yahoo roto and "fantasypros" over dissecting numbers and amount of carries and repeatable touchdown rate and yaddda yadda.. AND the packers drafted AJ Dillion for A reason in the second round. (if i heard that one quote more time haha).. but yeah the guy is so explosive. Had him last year in 2 leagues. Jones is so special to own his versatility and speed is umatched. Congrats who stole him in the second round this year

I think a lot of people failed to account for the opportunity that Jones would have. He's in a great overall situation. Hang on, we're just getting started. He's gonna heat up at just the right time: when the weather gets cold and stakes get high, and good teams like to play defense and pound the rock.

Edited by EaglesRocker97
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

My rationale is that he is not getting a full workload in terms of snaps and touches and Williams eats too much into his work and I expected that to continue and in a way it has, but he has been ULTRA efficient Kamara like, so he is doing well. I personally would sell high. 

Hahaha....u keep changing ur list of TOP RBs from one week to another. What happen with Drake, Mixon, Fournette, Jacobs, and Sanders, who u had above Aaron Jones? And then u just added Hunt and Jonathan Taylor over him just now 🤔....btw u swung and missed again on CEH....he is not a workhorse, he’s in a 3way split with D Williams and Darwin Thompson rn. Let me guess u will add Chris Carson and Sony Michel as being more talented in ur next reply?

• Haha 4

It's amazing that after these past two weeks, folks are still doubting him.  I'm just sad that I don't have him on my team this year.  With all the "experts" doubting him and with them drafting Dillon, I didn't keep him.  He is awesome.

Edited by Kilo

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Lol I take it you didn’t see the throws 

It was a joke.  I felt obligated to throw in something negative.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Where’s all the Aaron Jones doubters? 

crickets.................

Some weren't doubters but made solid arguments as to why there may be concern....none of which were talent. 

Only a fool would doubt his ability. Anyone who understands the value of snap counts had reason to be skeptical of his value.

You can't put up numbers if you aren't on the field. He's on the field more than last year despite the 2nd round RB in tow. Good to see.

You can see flaws in something and still recognize it's excellence.  

• Like 1

I just feel like I let him down by still managing to lose this week 😄.

Said it before - it's weird but I've never had him on my team before. I drafted him in round two, two places before the guy who had him last year, and man...he was pissed. That tells you a lot. Today felt really good (despite the excruciating loss). He just feels so...reliable.