K197040

Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

Always feel good... competitive games are better for him than blow out games.  They will still have to establish the run even though Tampa is stout, davante is back they won’t be able to put 8 in the box

32 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

You guys feeling good about starting him tomorrow?

PPR, he's got to be the number 2 RB this week, after Zeke. Of course everyone should feel good about starting him.

1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

You guys feeling good about starting him tomorrow?

Ummm...does a bear stink in the woods? 

I think tomorrow is one of those days where his integration into the passing game will determine whether it's a floor game or something more.

And I think it might have to be the kind of downfield stuff we see from him once in awhile for it to happen.

If it's just running game? It's gonna be floor time and not a great week.

could be something, could be nothing... but will be on injury report. aj dillon stash.

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

could be something, could be nothing... but will be on injury report. aj dillon stash.

Would it be Williams or Dillon?

Another scenario where there isn't really a cuff based on what we've seen. I'd wager you'd see a healthy dose of both guys if Jones didn't play. Leaning a bit more towards Williams since he's trusted in protection.

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Best case for Dillon: 50/50 timeshare, less valuable in PPR

Worst case for Dillon: Jamaal Williams is the guy.

(In a scenario where Jones doesn't play)

Edited by Moveless
  • Like 1

Crazy stuff this season. Hopefully it's nothing. The fact that he's going to talk to reporters makes me think minor, but you never know with this season. Could it be contract dispute related?

He's still doing his media availability so should have some more details shortly.

6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Williams is the guy to own 

• Like 3

Luckily have Williams, but this is just bad timing. With byes I know we are all in a bit of a pinch on roster space. It would be nice to have him not be GTD.

Ugh, who do we handcuff? AJ Dillon or Jamaal Williams? I know a lot of the rumblings coming into the year is Williams is in a unique role and that Dillon would slide into the Jones role as his backup.

12 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Another scenario where there isn't really a cuff based on what we've seen. I'd wager you'd see a healthy dose of both guys if Jones didn't play. Leaning a bit more towards Williams since he's trusted in protection.

The way Williams is used I wouldn’t be surprised if Dillon was just a short yardage guy. Possibly goal line. But Aaron is the best goal line back and they’d still trot Williams out there.

• Like 1

Williams will see more work simply due to pass protection if Jones misses time. Dillon is a punt you're hoping for a big play. Williams will be the volume guy.

Edited by LongBalls

I picked up Williams in all of my leagues. If there's something wrong with Jones, I expect Williams to be the next man up, with Dillon as a change up.

Worst case scenario: Packers lean on both 50/50, but the matchup is too good to pass up either way. I'm definitely starting Williams, if Jones is out.

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy

Garafolo just replied to someone that he's apparently okay. No specifics but fingers crossed.

Edited by yahyahtrick

He wasn't on the injury report at all this week (limited, DNP etc.), so I assume he's been practicing in full with zero limitations. 

Now he totally misses practice and we KNOW it's injury related.  BUT he's going to talk to media after practice?  What does this mean?? Is he announcing something big or minor....or catastrophic? 

Can anyone recall this sequence ever happening before?