K197040

Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

That would be an all-time Rotoworld blurb. 

"Aaron Jones was abducted by aliens during practice on Friday. We'll await word from the Packers coaches to see if they got a license plate on the flying saucer that sucked him in. For now, consider Aaron Jones week-to-week."

police are currently searching the galaxy for any signs of aaron jones. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jccouger said:

The way the Packers handled Adams injury despite Adams wanting to play makes me think he will sit

Exactly what I think

I'm no pro athlete, but I've had two calf strains, one severe, one mild.  Severe one I couldn't walk on it for 6 weeks.  Mild one took a week before I could walk on it, but still felt it for two months.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be confident Jones is going to sit this week. That being said I wouldn't be comfortable starting him if he did play, unless my other options were rough. 

I have two words for all the people planning on just plugging in Jamaal Williams if Jones is out.

Alexander Mattison.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ColoWrex said:

Would it be Williams or Dillon?

57 minutes ago, harck said:

Ugh, who do we handcuff? AJ Dillon or Jamaal Williams? I know a lot of the rumblings coming into the year is Williams is in a unique role and that Dillon would slide into the Jones role as his backup.

It's definitely Williams. Not saying Dillon won't get any run, but JWill is the more trusted guy so he's gonna get first opportunity, all passing downs, hurry-up, etc. 

That said, if this proves to be a multi-week absence Dillon is definitely worth grabbing as well. 

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I have two words for all the people planning on just plugging in Jamaal Williams if Jones is out.

Alexander Mattison.

and i have two sets of two for you

Houston Texans

Run Defense.

• Thanks 1

It's obviously Williams BUT this could be a moment where Dillon can steal the show and leapfrog Williams.

• Like 1

For reference, here's how they treated Davante:

• 9/20  Tweaks hamstring in Week 2 game, pushes coach to go back in, they hold him out.
  • 9/27  Held out of Week 3 game
  • 10/1  Finally allowed to return to practice in limited capacity.
  • 10/4  Held out of Week 4 game after being listed as GTD
  • 10/11  Bye week
  • 10/14  First full practice
  • 10/18  Finally allowed to play in a game

So he missed Week 3 and Week 4, returned in Week 6.  The bye week may have had something to do with it, but they didn't even let him practice in full until after the BYE. I bet they hold out Jones for at LEAST this week, maybe more.

16 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Fixed it for you...

I need to learn how to do this, give me some time :) 

26 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

and i have two sets of two for you

Houston Texans

Run Defense.

Fair enough, but it's not like Atlanta's defense was elite. 

My point is, Jones to Williams is a massive downgrade in talent. You can't just expect Jones-like production from Williams. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

My point is, Jones to Williams is a massive downgrade in talent. You can't just expect Jones-like production from Williams. 

is anyone saying that?  Im certainly not.  You said alexander mattison. 

there is a massive gap between aaron jones production and 3.5 pts 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

The last time Jones was out Williams put up 20 points and 26 points. I'll take that, and it's close to Jones' output. The ceilings are different obviously (with the talent disparity), but the floors will be similar and Williams will probably end up with 6-10 targets which is money in PPR.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cgu112 said:

is anyone saying that?  Im certainly not.  You said alexander mattison. 

there is a massive gap between aaron jones production and 3.5 pts 

Of course. I'm just telling people to proceed with caution.

1 minute ago, harck said:

The last time Jones was out Williams put up 20 points and 26 points. I'll take that, and it's close to Jones' output. The ceilings are different obviously (with the talent disparity), but the floors will be similar and Williams will probably end up with 6-10 targets which is money in PPR.

It's certainly a tempting argument. I just worry about the floor being lower than you're suggesting. If he gets that many targets, he's an RB1 for sure, but that seems optimistic. If he gets 3 or 4 targets instead, it could be much uglier. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

It's certainly a tempting argument. I just worry about the floor being lower than you're suggesting. If he gets that many targets, he's an RB1 for sure, but that seems optimistic. If he gets 3 or 4 targets instead, it could be much uglier. 

Good thing LaFleur just said he's confident in Aj Dillon if Jones is out

10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Well, the Packers coaches disagree with you:

Fourth-year pro Aaron Jones leads the NFL in rushing yards (234) and total yards from scrimmage (312), is averaging a league-high 6.9 yards per carry (for players with at least 25 carries) and is tied for first in the league with four touchdowns. Jamaal Williams, also in his fourth season, is averaging a career-best 5.6 yards per carry.

Together, they’ve helped the Packers surge to No. 1 in the NFL in rushing yards per game (208.5), yards per carry (6.22), total offense (505.0) and points per game (42.5).

“I feel like we’ve got 1A and 1B,” Packers coach Matt LaFleur said of his running backs. “Both of those guys we’ve got a ton of confidence in.”

“We don’t miss a beat when he’s in there,” Packers running backs coach Ben Sirmans said of Williams. “It gives us a chance to spell Aaron and keep him fresh, and plus besides those things, he’s got a skillset that’s capable of producing and generating big plays.

“You see that the way he developed throughout the offseason, he’s put himself in position to make more explosive-type plays just with his quickness and suddenness. So you’re not really surprised, and he still has the same tenacity to go along with how he improved his overall skillset. So we’re very happy, very pleased with what he’s been doing.”

Edited by MBarbarian

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Good thing LaFleur just said he's confident in Aj Dillon if Jones is out

As opposed to saying Dillon can’t be trusted and isn’t ready for extra work?   Coachspeak

Just now, MBarbarian said:

Well, the Packers coaches disagree with you:

Again-  there’s a way to speak to the media that challenges and builds your players up.    
Jones has consistently proven to be far superior to Williams in almost every facet.  not debatable 

Just now, Impreza178 said:

As opposed to saying Dillon can’t be trusted and isn’t ready for extra work?   Coachspeak

Again-  there’s a way to speak to the media that challenges and builds your players up.    
Jones has consistently proven to be far superior to Williams in almost every facet.  not debatable 

Why would LaFleur speak about the 3rd string Rookie over Williams though? They know what Williams offers, Dillon could be the 1st and 2nd down back with Williams being in his usual role

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Why would LaFleur speak about the 3rd string Rookie over Williams though? They know what Williams offers, Dillon could be the 1st and 2nd down back with Williams being in his usual role

Over Williams? Did you listen to the whole interview or did you just hear the Dillon blurb and assume that was it?

• Like 1