K197040

Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

Bummer, but as long as you have Williams behind him, this shouldn't hurt too much. Stinks that Jones might miss too great matchups though. 

oof. sucks to lose him for (probably) two weeks AND for two really juicy matchups. this is the season of "he might be in for the next drive nope now he's out for 3 weeks". 

These Packers doctors are something I will consider in my next year drafting. They are fantasy killers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mar111kle said:

These Packers doctors are something I will consider in my next year drafting. They are fantasy killers.

Yeah consider that you should take the primary guys backup.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, mar111kle said:

I'd rather lose him a week and have him be 100% for the latter part of the season, than 80-90% for the season with a higher risk of reinjury. 

• Like 1

[...] To add insult to injury we didn't even know if Williams would be the main handcuff at the start of the season. There was some bullshit coach speak last week about how Dillon would get an increased role. Obviously that didn't happen but it's hard to know with backups that have an established role in the offense even when the starter is active.

This isn't a Zeke/Pollard situation.

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 2

Isn't it a little odd that he traveled with the team last week and was supposedly a GDT, but now this is looking like a multi-week injury?

Not to me.  Packers are proceeding with caution, and they can win these games with Williams/Dillon filling in for now.

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Isn't it a little odd that he traveled with the team last week and was supposedly a GDT, but now this is looking like a multi-week injury?

it is odd, but it would be par for the course for this season. Also I believe somebody mentioned he's from Texas so maybe that had something to do with it?

14 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Seriously. To add insult to injury we didn't even know if Williams would be the main handcuff at the start of the season. There was some bullshit coach speak last week about how Dillon would get an increased role. Obviously that didn't happen but it's hard to know with backups that have an established role in the offense even when the starter is active.

This isn't a Zeke/Pollard situation.

williams played 90% of the snaps.  Stop pinning your hopes on coach speak and pay attention to whats happening on the field lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cgu112 said:

williams played 90% of the snaps.  Stop pinning your hopes on coach speak and pay attention to whats happening on the field lol. 

I don't own Dillon? Just saying it wasn't entirely clear to me.

Edited by MingusDew

Just now, MingusDew said:

I don't own Dillon? Just saying it wasn't entirely clear to me.

Seems pretty clear now no?

Just now, cgu112 said:

Seems pretty clear now no?

Definitely. Doesn't help anyone that didn't handcuff Jones with Williams prior to last weekend though lol.

31 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Definitely. Doesn't help anyone that didn't handcuff Jones with Williams prior to last weekend though lol.

Ya I thought u were saying it still isnt clear now. But still williams was playing way more than dillon so it seemed pretty clear to me he was the handcuff

52 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Davante Adams was a Game Time Decision for 2 weeks and was held out both those weeks. GDT is also just a nice designation for messing with the other team a little, forcing them to prepare.

2 minutes ago, harck said:

Davante Adams was a Game Time Decision for 2 weeks and was held out both those weeks. GDT is also just a nice designation for messing with the other team a little, forcing them to prepare.

Not that I disagree, but I love to imagine Dan showing up to a press conference after the week 4 loss going "**** we prepared for Davante Adams not MVS, that's why we lost and I'm out of a job." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Not to me.  Packers are proceeding with caution, and they can win these games with Williams/Dillon filling in for now.

You mispelled Williams "Williams/Dillon"

Only Dillon I can think of the packers running back who got a grand total of 11 yards last week on 2.2 yards a carry...

Dillon might be more involved this week.  They probably don't trust Dillon in pass pro yet but they probably also want to keep Jamawful Williams fresh for the stretch run.  They really like Williams as a passing down back and part-timer.  Probably they don't want to run Williams into the pile 10-15 times.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dillon might be more involved this week.  They probably don't trust Dillon in pass pro yet but they probably also want to keep Jamawful Williams fresh for the stretch run.  They really like Williams as a passing down back and part-timer.  Probably they don't want to run Williams into the pile 10-15 times.

Dillon's involvement will probably be game-flow dependent. If it's close you are going to see an awful lot of Williams, and Dillon won't be used in the passing game. Hopefully everyone cuffed Williams because he could have another big game here. If GB runs away with it, I wouldn't be surprised if Dillon runs out the clock.

I'm actually a bit worried about Williams involvement even when Jones gets back.

Edited by LongBalls

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

Dillon's involvement will probably be game-flow dependent. If it's close you are going to see an awful lot of Williams, and Dillon won't be used in the passing game. Hopefully everyone cuffed Williams because he could have another big game here. If GB runs away with it, I wouldn't be surprised if Dillon runs out the clock.

I'm actually a bit worried about Williams involvement even when Jones gets back.

When Jones plays, he gets most of the RB TDs.  Like about all of them.

I think they hold him out one more week. They play the Thursday game in week 9 as well. Smart to have him 100% for the stretch run. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fantasymad said:

I think they hold him out one more week. They play the Thursday game in week 9 as well. Smart to have him 100% for the stretch run. 

Yup, just makes too much sense.