bballshinobi

Trevor Ariza 2019-2020 Outlook

23 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Do we expect him to perform better than Bazemore in the starting role? Bazemore didn’t do crap with the opportunity once Hood went down.

I think he’ll definitely perform better. Maybe Bazemore isn’t use to playing with two ball dominant guys in Dame and CJ. But Ariza’s best fantasy years were around James Harden and even CP3 in his Houston days. He’s accustom to playing like that and doesn’t need the ball to thrive. I think this a good move for the Blazers, Ariza won me the chip in past, so I’m excited to see what he can do in Portland.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

that was enough for me. snagged

3 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

I think he’ll definitely perform better. Maybe Bazemore isn’t use to playing with two ball dominant guys in Dame and CJ. But Ariza’s best fantasy years were around James Harden and even CP3 in his Houston days. He’s accustom to playing like that and doesn’t need the ball to thrive. I think this a good move for the Blazers, Ariza won me the chip in past, so I’m excited to see what he can do in Portland.

Three, don't forget Hoodie Melo.

• Haha 1

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Three, don't forget Hoodie Melo.

Lmao, how could I forget? Ariza will be just fine, he was able put up with all the ball hogs from his time with the Rockets. He’ll just do it again like he always does.

im gonna wait and see for a few games but def intrigued. I don't think the shots or boards will be there with dame cj and Whiteside (nurk coming back) but should still be good for his 3s and steals combo. 11/3/3 with 1-2 steals and 1-2 3pm would be a rough guess 

54 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

im gonna wait and see for a few games but def intrigued. I don't think the shots or boards will be there with dame cj and Whiteside (nurk coming back) but should still be good for his 3s and steals combo. 11/3/3 with 1-2 steals and 1-2 3pm would be a rough guess 

def more boards plus whiteside might get moved even tho hes having a fantastic fantasy season, its clearly not workin out, they were killin with nurk last year

Taking a flier on him though Ross is available in my waiver 🤔

Bazemore was shooting up bricks w/ tons of opportunities. Ariza even at old age is definitely going to take advantage of it. I can taste the 3s and steals already. 🤤 Not to mention how rested he has been due to not playing at all for stretches w/ the Kings.

1 minute ago, MysticPeak said:

Bazemore was shooting up bricks w/ tons of opportunities. Ariza even at old age is definitely going to take advantage of it. I can taste the 3s and steals already. 🤤 Not to mention how rested he has been due to not playing at all for stretches w/ the Kings.

Rested or rusty?

Just now, simon said:

Rested or rusty?

Rested and playing under a **** coach. Who even thrives in a Luke Walton system? Let's be honest. **** situation, **** coach.

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Richaun Holmes

Wasn't he already a per minute monster w/ the Suns though. Guy just needed the opportunity to shine.

14 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

I can taste the 3s and steals already.

Those 1-8 lines with a steal with 3 rebounds is gonna be something serious.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

Those 1-8 lines with a steal with 3 rebounds is gonna be something serious.

I'm saving this. 

• Haha 1

I am torn between him and Terrence Ross. I guess terrence ross is safer now, I guess. 

Ross clears waiver on 23. And Ariza plays only on 23 :(

3 hours ago, ahtech said:

I am torn between him and Terrence Ross. I guess terrence ross is safer now, I guess. 

Ross clears waiver on 23. And Ariza plays only on 23 :(

Hmm...  Ross is proven, but Ariza who knows.  Safer bet is Ross.  Ariza should get good boards and steals and threes, but give you 40% shooting.  I don't like low FG% guys, which is why I didn't take him.  But was very tempted cuz of his steals potential. 

• Like 1

Ross is more need specific. If you need three and points and you can sustain a big hit to FG% then Ross is your man. I personally cut Ross recently and I have zero regrets. He didn't fit with my team.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Hmm...  Ross is proven, but Ariza who knows.  Safer bet is Ross.  Ariza should get good boards and steals and threes, but give you 40% shooting.  I don't like low FG% guys, which is why I didn't take him.  But was very tempted cuz of his steals potential. 

Ross' FG% is stinky. He gets really hot and really cold. He also gets volume which makes it worse. Ariza won't get a lot of shots but the other stats? He's gonna be really good for the price if he gets the minutes.

If you have to roster Ariza in a ten teamer you have problems. Even 12 teamer you have problems. No excuses. Stream ok fine. But dude seriously? No 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

If you have to roster Ariza in a ten teamer you have problems. Even 12 teamer you have problems. No excuses. Stream ok fine. But dude seriously? No 

The idea of rostering ariza on a 10 teamer is pretty funny 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My question would be who in here mentioned team count in their leagues when discussing Ariza? Did that come up and I missed it? Just curious who in particular you're judging. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

i dont have to but i try to keep atleast one or two streaming spots and ariza just filled one of those, we will see how he plays, i owned him last year and the year before that in a 10-teamer as well, always loved his fantasy contributions plus he had some nice games lately

3s and stocks! I think he will hold value in 8cat and 9cat leagues, maybe a little hopeful but he played really good when he got the minutes in Sacramento