4th and 9ers

Gary Trent Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

Just now, IDatDude said:

I really want to keep it civil but these boards are littered with this guy’s biased a** posts.

Done seen him give advice to ppl and always steer to players he owns. Like how u owner a Kevin Porter jr, but got the nerves to hate on Wood?

It just the little things like this that don’t add up.

It's one thing to **** on Woods or player x when they're not doing great, but writing troll/sh!t posts when a guy is dominating is another level altogether. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

* Yawn *

LOL you own Kevin Porter Jr. You opinion is void.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

It's one thing to **** on Woods or player x when they're not doing great, but writing troll/sh!t posts when a guy is dominating is another level altogether. 

He won’t come back with anything meaningful to dispute your post either. No empirical data/statistics or anything...

I expect some name calling, cursing to save first then he’ll bounce again.

Note: I do no own Trent jr lol, have no horse in this race. Just find it absurd somebody who owns KPJ and hate on Trent jr. Not to say KPj can’t have a better finish to season, but at THIS juncture...it ain’t close.  

• Like 1

please settle your argument via private message, really no one cares for this crap...

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, crocp said:

Dropped Napier for him......will use him for the next 2 games before ASB and then reassess.

That's the thing with fliers, you have to ride them out for a bit and see where it goes. People who downplay hot pickups are absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing to lose on a flier pick up as long as the situational outlook is positive. For example, if this was Korkmaz, I would say no for obvious reasons, because he'll go away (and fast). There are times when guys are worth that flier because you know they could hit 30+ min the rest of the year, and they're also peaking at the right time (playoffs are almost here).

Just don't drop after one game if he doesn't play great. he had a few 10 pointers in there without much else in his gamelog recently. What we're looking for is the big minutes. When he's getting 30+ min he's doing fantastically well. As long as that sticks, he'll have some good value. 

edit: One thing I found really impressive watching the game yesterday, he had 3 fouls at the end of 1st q/beg of 2nd, he checked out with 0 points, came back in with a few min in the 2nd, and ended up with 22 points, 4 3's, and 4 steals. He practically did most of his damage in the 2nd half. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1

Is he a product of Simons being out with his concussions? He seems to absorbed all of his minutes.

4 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

What do you guys think about his dynasty outlook?

Want to know about it too. I'm about to drop Gafford for him on a Dynasty, 18-team. Solid move?

2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Is he a product of Simons being out with his concussions? He seems to absorbed all of his minutes.

He was getting minutes in the mid to high 20's even with Simons around. His spacing and shooting is too valuable and he should continue getting more run 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

He was getting minutes in the mid to high 20's even with Simons around. His spacing and shooting is too valuable and he should continue getting more run 

That’s good to know. I want to pick him up, but already have Melo and Ariza. Don’t want to own all three. Someone is going to cannabal each other.

2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

That’s good to know. I want to pick him up, but already have Melo and Ariza. Don’t want to own all three. Someone is going to cannabal each other.

Man that's tough but given the upside I think he is actually a better Ariza right now. Gives you triples, points and steals

I don’t follow the Blazers, but how is he producing with both Dame and CJ in the lineup and logging heavy minutes? Is he a 6th man off the bench kind of play? Do the blazers play small ball?

Edited by Jyeatbvg

2 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

I don’t follow the Blazers, but how is he producing with both Dame and CJ in the lineup and logging heavy minutes? Is he a 6th man off the bench kind of play? Do the blazers play small ball?

all correct.

In my league, for some reason he was dropped for Kyle Anderson 😂

And I don't think he will make it to me (I  used my #1 waiver to get Beasley)

one can hope

Derrick White and Patty Mills long lost brother. I like his chances. 

• Haha 2

Simons back healthy. Little still out indefinitely. Need one more game to decide if he’s a pickup. 

Encouraging that he's getting 27 minutes in a game where the whole team was getting blown out. The starters were all getting 27-29 as well, which means he should be locked into starter minutes ROS. This is with Simons returning as well.

pretty awful stats, didn't watch the game though. How did he look out there?

I will definitely hold on to him at least one week after ASB to see how this develops, don't wanna make the same mistake as I did with potential great post Trade Deadline pickups in the past -.-

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

pretty awful stats, didn't watch the game though. How did he look out there?

I will definitely hold on to him at least one week after ASB to see how this develops, don't wanna make the same mistake as I did with potential great post Trade Deadline pickups in the past -.-

mccollum was hogging it when Trent was on the court.

one of the issues wirh Portland is they rank last in assists. They milk their go to guys in different spots. That being said, when he’s on he’s clearly a solid guy, so I think a few games are warranted to see if he can bounce back. His shots were really sporadic this game, I saw stretches where he didn’t touch the ball for 5 min and kept going to the corner when CJ was the lead guard. They run more sets when Lillard is the PG, otherwise McCollum usually calls his own number. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This ride might be over until his next hot game.

if anyone is looking for a good replacement, highly suggest reddish before his ownership shoots way up. He’s been really solid for a while now. Has three pos elig too.

Picked him and he’s been ice cold the last games. Drop city or are we thinking because of lillard’s strained groin, Trent is a hold now?